Server Downtime: Fri, Jan 22 @ 7:00 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

[IMG]

All EverQuest Live Servers will be brought offline on Friday, January 22, 2016 at 7:00AM Pacific* for an update. Servers will be unavailable for approximately two hours.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    Essarsin82 and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  2. Sancus Augur

Will there be patch notes for this update?

Edit: Nevermind :)
  3. Lanogas Journeyman

So since your last "4 hour" downtime was, in fact, 9 hours, let's assume it'll take 4,5 hours this time. ;)
  4. tentimes Elder

MORE downtime? What is it this time? FFS :(
  5. TheCoop New Member

ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL...this is shocking..a bloody JOKE...!!!
  6. exordius New Member

So how much time will we be credited???
  7. Sebbina Augur

Look, if you want to protest, stop posting here, just get your toons to PoK and join in a peaceful resistance that you just won't go quietly into the night (or morning as the case may be). As for me, I need to find some pie and a nap, in whatever order they are available.
  8. Shavin Journeyman

Patched the patch of wedsnesday, its again a nice job from devs ...
  9. ~Mills~ Augur

Please tell me you are reverting the pet aggro changes until you can do it correctly. Was no mention in the brief snippet listed by jchan.
    Hiladdar and Yimin like this.
  10. Herzlos New Member

Why would we be credited? Patches happen. Get used to it. Do something else for a few hours and come back later.
    Mukkul and domaca like this.
  11. Raccoo Augur

Use this patch to revert pet agro nerf.
    Caell, Hiladdar and Yimin like this.
  12. Zolo New Member

This is the patch to fix the patch that fixed the patch. Haven't you all gotten used to these? It happened about every 3rd patch for as long as I remember, but I've only played EQ about 15 yrs so what do I know..........
    Gyurika Godofwar and domaca like this.
  13. Vaelkyrie New Member

Like get on the forums and tell people what to do with their time?
  14. Tribbious Journeyman

I just want to know, why after 15 years these patches are not done from 3-7 am PST. This would have the least amount of effect on people who pay to play
  15. Essarsin82 New Member

Hey guys, I have an idea!

STOP AGGROING THE EFFIN DEVS AND LET THEM DO THEIR JOB! YOU'RE COMPLAINING ABOUT SOMETHING YOU CAN'T CONTROL! FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO IN THE MEANTIME AND QUIT CRYING ABOUT PATCHING. YEAH, IT'S BEEN GOING ON FOR 15 YEARS... AND? IT'S A GAME...

... Get over it.
    Packrat811 likes this.
  16. Batbener Augur

I think the Devs should kidnap the servers, and only release them once their demands are met. No demands to fix something that isn't broken, but just a mechanic of the game, no posts demanding additional sub time, no posts questioning the intelligence of the devs, and certainly no all caps posts. Until there are no posts like this for over an hour, the servers stay locked. Who's with me?
    Packrat811 and Essarsin82 like this.
  17. Essarsin82 New Member

totally with you there ;)
  18. Kinidill New Member

Yes...this is a game. It is a game that we spend money to play. And the terms of that contract are (in general) that we give money...they give availability of the product. In most cases this contract is followed but this in my opinion is excessive and indicative of lack of regression testing by Daybreak. If I failed to pay they would end my access. It would only be fair that in periods of excessive patching or lack of system availability that they compensate in some way. Over the years this has been discussed MANY times by the player community but I have never seen a single reply from SOE. This is the nexus of the problem in my mind....and why I quit the game for 6 years. It has gotten better since then but the utter lack of communication still exists. They bleed players but do nothing to address the reason they leave. Not good business practice and in a world of supply and demand will have consequences.
    Carnage likes this.
  19. Kinidill New Member

King...perhaps some reading comprehension would help...Does not McDonalds provide there employees with GED assistance?.

That was not a whine. I was a reasonable statement of expectations for communication regarding execution of a product that is purchased. Perhaps you have unlimited play time due to a reduction in your hours at Walmart but most of us do not
  20. mookie New Member

If you've been playing MMO's several years and you still think you are entitled to 100% up time; just quit and go back to console games.