Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

seeing as how that 3rd party program has pretty much been allowed on live & non-truebox servers I'd say the chances are a lot lower than unlikely, more like forget about it.
    PVPme likes this.
  2. Robomax Elder

Non-True box the populations will die early so casuals won't be able to sell you Kromo. There is more profit in it for DB and DP for a true-box. I have Played on both types and True-box is more fun and more players stay. I believe anything past 6-8 weeks in Classic is too long . People left Mangler because 3 mths classic was just way to long. I could see 3 mths of Trilogy to start.
    PVPme likes this.
  3. Robomax Elder

Because you have more active players on a True Box. So Players that want to farm want a non-truebox to buy Kromo on a different server because Krono is part of your Global account. I don't mind it .

What gets me is why DB and DP allow non-authorised 3rd parties to sell Krono out of game for real world Value? Doesn't that violate the EULA? I seen people get banned from the game for less.
  4. Fraggly Augur

Pretty sure the creator of the program that doesn't work on truebox made it not work on truebox because DBG at the time asked him to do so and he obliged to help them create the truebox environment for so many players. I may be wrong, but it has nothing to do with "truebox code stopping it in its tracks." it is hardcoded to not work on those servers out of respect.

That is why the new bot works there, along with numerous other hacks, because the truebox code has little to do with outside software and more to do with checking clients. Why doesn't truebox stop these new programs "in their tracks"? Why can't they stop ShowEQ from working? Hello??

There is no doubt a truebox server brings in the most profit.
  5. PVPme Augur

I think its fair to say at this point that it would be a massive let down if this next TLP isn't a truebox server starting in classic.

Think many of us are all hoping its either Free Trade or by some miracle a PvP server :)
  6. likestobox Lorekeeper

That is simply not true.... Ragefire is still going pretty strong and they are just about in SoF
  7. likestobox Lorekeeper

New programs were created for the truebox servers and they are the ones that have the warping and fading stuff. DBG went on a ban wave a few years ago on the non truebox servers for anyone using hacks like that, so I can say pretty confidently that non of those were active on ragefire. The reason why people box a bunch of mages because it's easy, just sick you pets on something and your good. The problem with people like you that hate boxers so much is that, without proof you sit there and accuse all of us cheating and cry like a child on the EQ forms. The cast majority of boxers do NOT use 3rd party programs.
    Fraggly and code-zero like this.
  8. birisu Elder

There were piles of mages camping anything that dropped plat or useful items on mangler 24/7 anyway. Plus the 2 or 3 huge *****quested armies that would take down open world stuff. So truebox doesn't actually stop anything, it just makes it so the average player has to be annoyed with multiple machines while people who cheat can continue to do whatever they want
    Fraggly likes this.
  9. PVPme Augur

Right, so sense a few people cheat(eventually they do get banned) lets just all play on a server where we can all cheat easily and call it a day. Solid logic.
    Accipiter and Robomax like this.
  10. likestobox Lorekeeper

Once again if they make a non true box server you do not have to play on it. And as far as mage armies boxing everything I have seen guilds control same spawns multiple picks all the dang time. how is that any different??? If you want a server with no box armies how about you get out of this channel,make your own, and press for a no box at all server.
  11. PVPme Augur

I find it pretty funny.

All the anti-pvp haters that claim it'll have loads of cheaters tend to be the same ones who are advocating for a non-truebox. My guess is so they can cheat on it with their MacaroniQuest and have those "box armies" that would destroy people in PvP. ;)
  12. Sythrak20 Elder

Here we go full circle again. In the last few years there’s been one total non true boxer server (not counting the lockjaw split, which split BECAUSE rage was so popular). Neither had AoC’s or Motm. The age of magefire is dead, we haven’t seen it since motm and there’s plenty of examples of mass boxers on truebox servers to prove this. A motm and aoc non truebox server will most definitely be popular.
  13. PVPme Augur

Definitely would be popular but I think it would be a mistake to not launch a truebox with it. That way people have a choice and don't have to play with the third party scripters that play on non-truebox.
  14. likestobox Lorekeeper

Trueboxers get new servers all the time, adding another one will just hurt Mangler.
  15. PVPme Augur

This might be true but I think all the new players waiting to jump in on a new truebox will counter that. It's not like people on Mangler will quit because of it, most people will just migrate over and buy more bags on the new truebox.

The die hard Mangler fans will ride it out like the Phinny fans did on Phinny.
  16. Leifer Augur

Most of the box armies are using workarounds and cheats. Your average legit boxers are using several computers. Neither of those two populations change at all with non-truebox rules.

I remain suspicious of the argument that truebox rules are a net benefit for the health of a TLP server. Not to mention the singling out of just one slice of the boxing community (those who play on one machine). If you are going to regulate in order to achieve an end, then a narrow discrimination seems unjust.

An analogy to something like gun control where instead of cutting down on gun violence we are looking at cutting down on RMT, KSing, Camp stealing, etc. Truebox is analogous to taking away people's shotguns, but looking the other way at their assault rifles. (btw, I have no hard position on gun control).

I sympathize with the goal, but the segment of the community that is being affected by the regulations may have little to do with fixing the overall problem. Billy-Bob has to give up his shotgun that he displays in the rear-view window of his pickup, but Frazier can keep his assault rifle collection he has hidden in the basement. Now, if Billy-Bob wants his shotgun back, he is free to get it, if and only if he also purchases a collection of assault rifles to keep in his basement.

Good rule-set.
    Aelivaa likes this.
  17. mark Augur

hopefully it will be a nontruebox and a truebox server with 2 months unlocks starting in classic and when aa come out the next expansion you get the ones from the previous expansions
  18. mark Augur

oops dident finish posting,the reason to start in classic its to hard and time consuming to get keys for ssra and so on.
  19. mark Augur

and lvl aa etc
  20. Robomax Elder

The cast majority of boxers do NOT use 3rd party programs?
    So you use 6 different machines? Hard to believe?