Server Discussion - Non Truebox rule set.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by dreamweaver, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Kalantha.Mangler New Member

The 6 or 8 camps (say, 3 or 4 picks at a time) wouldn't be permacamped by box crews, now would they? That's 36-48 more people at any given time who can access the zone. And it's certainly better than the existing sh*tshow. Lowering pick thresholds without enforcing truebox rules just means more cheating box setups will be in The Deep... and anyone with half a brain knows that.
  2. Fraggly Augur

On a server with no truebox rule...?? Uhhhh yes, yes they would because why would you play on a standard server if you really had no desire to box at all? Maybe i am completely confused as to what you posted on the "non truebox rule set" discussion thread.

Please just stay on Mangler or go ahead and jump over to the latest truebox we all know they are coming out with, leaving another empty shell of a server at PoP so all the hamsters can continue running on the wheel of the classic-luclin Krono farm. Use your half a brain that can't handle playing multiple Everquest characters pre-OoW (people do this with literally a USB numpad...) and don't play on a standard TLP if another one ever comes around, you won't be happy.
  3. Robomax Elder

A non-true box server as niche market. 80 % of Returning players or any newcomers to EQ wont play on this server. But ya I'm sure it will be profit in it for a while.
  4. Robomax Elder

Non-True box for the Krono Farmers LOL
  5. likestobox Lorekeeper

Mage armies became useless a few years ago when they needed the pets on bosses with mighty buff.
  6. likestobox Lorekeeper

People have been claiming on the forms non stop for years that truebox is for the krono farmers.
  7. likestobox Lorekeeper

The mess was because they had no AoC on the non truebox severs
    Robomax likes this.
  8. likestobox Lorekeeper

False! If they were to make a non true box server I know about 30 people that would for sure come back... That's over 200 accounts that will be activated.
  9. PVPme Augur

I'm sure all the third party cheaters are crossing their fingers the new TLP is a non-truebox. Playing EverQuest without automated boxes is too hard ;)
  10. zurgar Journeyman

Not everyone that boxes cheats, and playing without boxes isn't hard, its boring. This game is played mainly by adults and as adults we have things in real life we need to take care of and can't spend hours a day trying to find a group. Being able to box means I can play on my own schedule and and don't have to spend time trying to beg for a group to get maybe a yellow bar of xp before the group falls apart and have to spend another hour lfg.

For people out there against a non true box server you are aware that you do not need to play on it right? Just because there is a new server doesn't mean DBG is forcing you to play on it. Truebox fanatics you have like 6 servers to play on so if there is a new server and it isn't truebox stay on your old server.
    Fraggly likes this.
  11. Fraggly Augur

I didn't realize Mangler was a standard server. Someone put out a PSA for all the complainers in regards to specific camps, aoe farming, plvling services, and destruction of the economy by the Krono farmers that have run rampant there. Wipe all the forums posts out. They are all just confused on how the server works.

We all know its likely to be another truebox or some variant with stricter boxing rules. Turning on attack (or charming a mob) and staring intently is so engaging, no wonder they line up to pile cash on the same repeat eras every year. Maybe at least it will help fund the next EQ?!

Catering to this "80%" is getting old, if it isn't standard i sure hope it is PvP or at least two separate servers. GL to everyone that wants what they want!
  12. Fraggly Augur

Big true, but be prepared to just be called a lying cheater now. You can't reason with these folk. :D
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Now I really want DBG to release a non-Truebox server. I'm genuinely curious to see how it would fare as compared to Ragefire/Lockjaw, Phinny, Agnaar, Coirnav, Manger, etc.
  14. Tiggerjr New Member

Yes please!!
  15. PVPme Augur

The forums will be filled again with so many tears of mass boxers it'll be unreal.
  16. Jhaerik Journeyman

Again I see no difference in True-Box and non-true box. I still see just about everyone boxing anyway. The only difference is it's less fun to box on a true-box server due to the pita of using multiple devices.. Yet everyone still does it anyway.

I certainly see nothing wrong with running a duo or trio box and inviting people that want to solo box. You still group yet you aren't bored silly spamming LFG, or perma stuck dealing with beta males that have to leave after 20 minutes when their pants wearing wives need them to cook dinner.
    Fraggly likes this.
  17. PVPme Augur

Its infinity easier to box 40 toons on a non-truebox then it is a truebox. If it starts in classic have fun competing against single players with full raid teams(who are all self automated/scripted) for simple group mobs.

I remember Magefire very clearly. The only people advocating for this so hard are the people who wanna box armies/have third party hacks since that's the trend on non-truebox/live servers.

I think a lot of people forgot how popular & easy it is to cheat on non-truebox servers compared to the new truebox servers. I'm talking about one very specific program here.
  18. likestobox Lorekeeper

From the sound of things on truebox servers there is just as many bot armies there as there was on ragefire, maybe more. The issue with ragefire wasn't box armies in regular zones it was box armies killing raid targets since everything was open world. A new non true box server is wanted by a lot of people not just bot armies. I would say the people that are pushing for a server that is non truebox are casual players that don't want to spend hour lfg.
    Also from a financial stand point Boxers spend about $90 a month(atleast) on there accounts, the trueboxe fanatics second 14.99.
  19. PVPme Augur

It was 100% an issue in every zone. I remember mages griefing as soon as crushbone on Magefire.

People always over exaggerate on Mangler. The bots are slow and stupid and can easily be *accidentally* trained since usually the player is AFK.

This was not the case on Magefire. It was typically one player boxing 6+ toons. All of em running a 3rd party program to destroy the content with ease. The improved auto follow, auto cast, auto sit, auto assist, warp, fade, and bot was a huge turn off to majority of the player base, and thats just to name a few of the features the cheat would do.

No one wants to play on a server where you're at a huge disadvantage if you don't cheat on it since majority of the player base is all cheating.

This is why truebox was such a huge success due to the anti-cheat that came with it that stopped that program in its tracks.
  20. PVPme Augur

I'd be all for a non-truebox if the actively banned the swarms of macaroniquest players that came with the server but that doesn't seem very likely.
    Yinla likes this.