Server crashed AGAIN

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Nofuture New Member

What's frustrating is to think that in one hours time they haven't been able to determine what the issue is. That seems very unlikely which is why everyone is looking to you for an update. So either the dev team has no clue what is going on or you know something and aren't telling us.
    svann likes this.
  2. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

SO how about you take the same tack that a Police department does when there is a manhunt or other high interest item. "We will post another update at X time." That way people are not sitting there waiting and beating their F5 (is it still that key) to death. Maybe say "We will have an update at 5PM PDT. If there is nothing new, do the next one at 8 PM PDT, BUT GIVE US SOMETHING EVEN IF IT IS JUST A TIME TO LOOK FOR UPDATES!!!!!! Even if it is just to update the time for the next brief, AT LEAST IT IS ACKNOWLEDGING THE PLAYERS AND THEIR INVOLVEMENT/INCONVENIENCE.
  3. Jennre Band Leader

Dev and OPs are 2 different teams, and I it is likely that the OPs manages ALL games' servers, not just this one.

Cheers!
  4. dreamweaver Community Manager

I don't have anything I am not telling you. Besides personal things, but that isn't pertinent here.
  5. Vythika New Member

Thank you for providing any updates you can. I work in IT and know how frustrating the process can be.
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Justyse like this.
  6. dreamweaver Community Manager

I thought about taking a nap instead of lunch but I'm glad I wasn't.
  7. svann Augur

test is up
  8. Dre. Altoholic

Personally, I wouldn't hold it against you to swing the banhammer around on the forums. People who get bent out of shape easily over trivial things aren't exactly a treat to deal with in game either :D
    Kurage_of_Luclin and Kildaill like this.
  9. ArtremasEQ Augur

More likely they feel lack of motivation to respond to such blatant rudeness. (Also clearly no clue how IT operations works).
    Show some respect, and perhaps might get some in return.
    #TheEntitledGeneration
    Kurage_of_Luclin, eepok and Velicenda like this.
  10. Windance Augur

Test has been up all day. Don't know what the difference is in configuration but load is pretty light. Wish our guild had /testcopied over for tonights raid.
    svann likes this.
  11. Password1234 Augur

Dreamweaver, all we are asking for is your personal cell phone number so we can text you every 45 seconds asking for updates. I don't think that this is an unreasonable request. According to the Constitution of the United States of America, I am fully within my rights etc etc
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

That seems very likely to me (That it takes longer than 1hr to determine an issue, figure out a fix, and how long that fix might take). Especially with everyone working from HOME under Covid-19 isolation.

I swear for some folks on these forums, RL is actually a fantasy land.

Perhaps some respect for the DPG team and some patience would go a long way....
  13. dreamweaver Community Manager

Oh.. no.
  14. Cailen Augur

We just wanna hear about Crush Crush from Ngreth
    Kurage_of_Luclin, Naugrin and Metanis like this.
  15. IcebergDX Lorekeeper

So you are telling us, without telling us, that the dev team really has not got a clue (which would not be a big surprise after the last two days) or at least a very incomplete clue.
  16. Thundastruk Elder

hey on a side note EGL is updated look at all those chickens who raid on server ups! aside from MS I don't think they posted wins....
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  17. Kilzadi Not an Uber

Even an update saying there are no updates is greatly appreciated.
  18. Velicenda New Member

Nah, looks like he's telling you that the dev team is working and hasn't reported to him, the Community Manager, on what to tell us.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  19. Sabre Serial Complainer

Can you tell us if you guys outsource server maintenance? If its in house how big is the team?
  20. Metanis Bad Company

You should just casually mention you're doing all server status updates over at Crush Crush.