Info Needed Server and Client out of sync

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Minbas, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Retest:
    • Windows Time service set to Automatic (Trigger Start)
    • Motherboard BIOS updated to latest
    Your Device's Clock (UTC-4)
    Today: 10/07/2020

05:29:38 P.M.

Your clock is off by:
    +0.278 s
    --------------------------------------------------
    Cast Spirit of the Great Wolf XXV AA.
    EQ emote, "The spirit of the great wolf leaves you.", happens with 5 seconds left on buff icon in the buff window.

Conclusion: My computer clock is now better by about 0.4 seconds and the EverQuest bug is the same.

(Thank you to those that encouraged me to check my PC. Although I believe it makes zero difference with this issue, it is good to have my PC working at maximum potential.)
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The default for Windows 10 is Manual (Trigger Start), there is a trigger to start the service once a certain process is running. You can change it to Auto, but from what I read it just makes the service available before the process has started up.
    Fanra likes this.
  3. Soulbanshee Augur

I don't have a Dru to test with, would Group Bestial Alignment and Group Guardian of the Forest be equivalent. In Arena, and for both icon wore off same time as message.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I would guess they are equivalent. I would pick a crowded zone to test in, however, just in case that matters.

Based on the Darkpaw statement that they can't reproduce this, I would guess it does not happen to everyone.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I did not think of the idea that the class and/or race would matter. So I would recommend to Darkpaw that they create a level 115 halfling druid on Bertoxx to see if it happens to them.
  6. Soulbanshee Augur

After a number of casts, I managed to get Guardian of the Forest. I was in ToV EW, 16 people in zone. Message came up about 2-3 seconds early. A couple things, would be related to cast lag or zone load like we see where casting and pets get worse on raids? Or its server processing ticks, if tick queue only clears every 6 seconds on the server time, wouldn't that cause spells cast in between a server tick to end early?

Spell lasts 3 ticks (aka 18 seconds):
    tick -- cast -- tick1 ----- tick2 ----- tick3 spell ends

The spell would fade on the 15th or 16th second even though the client is coded to display for the spell duration. Else it would process on the 4th tick causing the spell to last longer than the timer.
  7. Tronda Journeyman

Perhaps a reason for so many sync problems?
    Achievements not tagged?
    Complete lost bags, items, housing for a couple of time -> reboot, sometimes its there, sometimes parts are lost?
  8. Ratalthor Developer

Is anybody able to private message me a trace route and a ping to eqzone-01.everquest.com?
  9. Soulbanshee Augur

Going to be useless, ping does not respond and trace is blocked after it reaches Level3 8 hops into 30.