Seriously???

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Anthony CT, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Anthony CT New Member

Devs sit here and put up requests for suggestions about BP clickies for the next expansion?? Our class is totally broken at this point and the last thing I'm worried about is a damn BP click. We can't even cast all of our dots because their just aren't enough buff slots on bosses. Daybreak should have fixed Necros first so we didn't have this problem, instead they decided to fix the class that depends on dots the most dead last. Now we can't even get dots to stick because every class under the son has been fixed except for us and they are all dotting and taking up slots so the class that should be dotting CAN'T!

On events with mana checks like Chardok we can't use any mana because the dots need to stick to actually use up our mana. This makes absolutely no sense, why make healing classes out DPS classes that are intended to be a DPS class? Because our dots haven't been fixed yet? How about actually putting some thought into the process and fix the class that casts the most dots first instead of last so you don't have issues with dots not sticking on a boss because all the slots are filled up? Do Necros get heals, Ports, Slows?? Daybreak has absolutely no idea what the heck they are doing and this is obvious. Can't wait to see how this BP clickie turns out! Seriously??

Thanks,

Xykon, ROI
  2. Shaantara Made of Moonlight

The person that started those BP threads is not a developer.
  3. Kunon Augur

Even after Necros get their revamp the debuff cap issue will be worse than it was before the DoT revamp started. If they cut the number of DoT lines in half for Necros those debuff slots plus some are already accounted for by the new and greatly improved Shaman and Druid DoTs. The same is true of the changes to Lingering Death in that the debuff slots that were opened up by the change (plus more) were/are already filled by Enchanter, Beastlord, and Ranger DoTs. We still have SKs left to get revamped as well, so it is bound to get even more crowded. So if addressing the debuff cap was one of the goals of the revamp, it was a spectacular failure to go along with the damage it has done to balance to this point.
    Vrinda, Vdidar and Spellfire like this.
  4. IblisTheMage Augur

Limited development resources is very understandable a frustrating answer when you are THE dotter class. The story around is that they want to get it right, therefore they take you, the most complex class, last in the dot revamp. It takes quite some time, because each major change has to "sink in" and be fine tuned.

At the same time, they need to generate more revenue to pay developers and shareholders, so they need to work on the next expansion.

Totally get your frustration, I do think that DB is doing the best they can as a business with the condition they have. Your dots will come soon, I am sure, hang in there, necros are going to shine.
    fransisco likes this.
  5. menown Augur

I guarantee you that Necros will get the same 4 week tuning that all the other DoT classes received. No extra thought will be put into it. I foresee another retuning of all DoTs again later this year.
  6. fransisco Augur

Letting other classes go first, devs are seeing the issues with the huge dots - agro issues and possibly mana.

This could lead to general dot fixes by the time you get yours or shortly after.
  7. Dropfast Augur

You may be just slightly early with this. Being Necro and SK's are the only ones left to do now, you should be getting it "fairly soon." tm. I can understand the main DoT class in the game being done last might seem silly but that may have been on purpose to see where the other classes landed first. Who knows but I'm sure they will get around to it.

IF they do the same thing that they just did to Shaman / Druid dots, Necros will be sitting very pretty. You should be pretty excited really, little less salty maybe. Hell, I'm excited to see what Necro can do after the revamp and I'm a monk. >< Necros "might" even put Zerkers to shame if they approach Necro Dots the same way they just did Shaman / Druids. They straight up doubled and even tripled the base damage on many. 2-3x more base = out to more like 6-10x more damage in the end. Patience grasshopper!
  8. menown Augur

This can also be interpreted as Aristo is lazy and puts off more complex classes till last. I see no reason for him to take more time on 1 of the DoT classes retuning than any other class, other than some have more DoTs than others. It would then be easier for him to rebalance all DoTs at the same time afterwords using a weighted scale than to analyze each class individually.

Dropfast- I am excited and scared at the same time. I know that these untested changes will make Nectos Godmode DPS. I know that they will be nerfed later on down the road too. And it will end up with exactly what Kunon has been saying, even fewer debuff slots available than before the DoT changes began. 3 necros in raid last night with 3 shaman, 3 druids, and various other classes using alliance and/or DoTs have made about 15% of my DoTs casted to bounce off.

I currently run 20 DoTs, 23 if you add in the wounds doom effects. After the Necro/SK DoT changes, I will probably be running 15-16 DoTs + 1 for Doom effect. Another Necro in my guild only runs 12 DoTs, so no changes for him. The third Necro runs about the same as me.

So we will save 12 debuff slots. But I presume that SKs will run a DoT or 2 on raids for agro purposes. We usually have 2 SKs online. There goes 4 slots. Shamans and druids will become more effecient with their DoTs as they learn how to weave them, probably beginning to use the potion that adds a tick to all DoTs as well. That will probably take up 6 more debuff slots.

So now I am at a net gain of 2 slots when i previosly was bouncing 15% of my spell casts this past week.
  9. Ibudin Augur

I have to agree with everything said about the recent change for Shaman and Druid dots. I don't want to jump on the bandwagon and call nerf, then there is only one way to make it right and up our dot damage. Like the above poster, to even get close to the DPS classes, we have to rotate over 20 dots on raid encounters, don't necessary like having to cast non stop, over and over but it was in the game with other DPS so I do my job. Now when I check parses at the end of the encounter, and I see Shamans hitting 300K dps, or Druid pushing a sustained DPS while healing, in the 170K range ...I was seriously at a loss for words. Was like, what the hell just happened here?

I really hope there is a fix incoming soon, or should I say balance? Were a DPS class, with dots...we should be the kings.
  10. Sindaiann Augur

Shaman dots are already changed on Test....rejoice soon.

Revamp necro stuff already..............jeeeeeeees LOOOOUISE!
  11. Forcallen Augur

Test patch today! Taking bets on necro revamped dots finally coming after a full year.

I'm guessing another month, at least. Probably will rework druids, do shadow knights, revamp everyone else one more time and then consider necro dots after a few TLP servers.
  12. Wyvern Lorekeeper

Yet another Test Patch with no mention of DoT revamp for necros! I don't know why SK dots have not been revamped either. SKs do not run more than 1 dot (Bond) unless the SK is not tanking or expected to tank. Necros need group level dots fixed more than raid level dot line up spells (ie long duration). Some dot lines need to be reduced in duration and increased in damage to deal with fast kills in groups. Swift dot without timers like shaman current versions would help. I guess they need to nerf SKs and other tank defensive/DPS first before they "revamp" SK dots.'

-- reposting info from a long time ago (year+)

Spell Lines (# of previous versions we use)

Swift Dots (Group Only DoTs, 12s) - not used on raids
    Ilsaria's Swift Sickness (8881/tick, timer 6) or Marmat's Swift Deconstruction
    Mazub's Flashblaze (8858/tick, timer 5) or Serisaria's Swift Venom
    Marmat's Swift Lifedraw (7023/tick, timer 12, Slot 4 Heal)

Fast DoTs: 30s Duration [4 spells max. after changes]
    1) Pyre of Jorobb: 3849 / tick (we use last 3-4 versions) 30s
    2) Ignite Synapsis: 3314(+424) / tick (last 2 versions) 30s
    3) Annihilation: 2742 / tick (last 2 versions) 30s
    4) Dichotomic Paroxysm: 1 min. reuse, not focused (slot 4 Heal)

Mid-Range DoTs: 42-54s Duration [5 spells max. after changes, 6 w/o Chaotic]
    -- These DoTs are for Root / Kite / Raid use.
    1) Glistenwing Venom: 2800 / tick (last 2-3 versions) 42s
    2) Plexiphara's Pallid Haze: 2367 / tick (last 2-3 versions) 42s
    3a) Pyre of the Lost: 2070 / tick (1-2 versions, chaotic) 54s
    3b) Liquefaction: 1787 (4452 vs plants) / tick (1-3 versions) 54s
    -- Chaotic Liquifaction can cast both Liquifaction &/or Pyre of the Lost. Some necros use this over the single spells.

Plexipharia's Grasp: 1976/tick (6 sec. cast time makes this is unusable) 42s
    -- Cast time needs to be reduced to make it worth casting.
    -- Slot 4 (Heal) Dich. Paroxysm, and Swift Lifedraw all share this slot.

Abandoned Spell Lines: (No new version of these spells)
    4) Scourge of Fates: 2464 (3868 undead) /tick (level 97) 42s
    5) Dark Leech: 1920 / tick (level 100) 42s
    -- (Slot 11 group heal) - stacks with Dich or Lifedraw or Grasp)

Long DoTs: 1+ Min Duration [3 spells max. after changes]
    -- These DoTs are for Root / Kite / Raid use.
    1) Smouldering Shadow: 2162 / tick (1-2 versions) 1m 24s
    2) Livianus' Decay: 1555 / tick (2 versions) 1m 24s
    3) Mortiferous Wounds: 1969 / tick (1-3 versions) 1m 36s

Grip of Jabaum: 1719 / tick (not cast, conflicts with other class debuffs) 1m
    -- I only use when kiting or rooting.

Abandoned Spell Lines: (No new version of these spells)
    Splirt: crap/tick (level 90, not cast, not useful, too long) 2m
    -- This may come into play after dots are combined for those that want to swap in more dots.

So it looks like if we cast all useful DoTs (raid or root dot) it will take up 12 spell gems. We need 1 spell gem for a DD for twin cast (drop Livianus' Decay or Liquifaction or just swap in the rest). On paper it looks ok but leaves us with very little to do other than nuke while waiting for DoTs to expire. I will feel like a shaman without heals, a crappy pet and bored with a dumbed down character. I guess we can drop 1 of the 11 DoTs for Pet Swarm or add more weak DD spells and play more like a mage. As a bonus, I am sure all your fun DoT clickies will also have conflicts with parent spells. Likely changes will make most clicky DoT dps useless and spoil the fun of getting them.

On raids where no fire, poison, etc can be cast, necros will be even more limited after spell lines are combined.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

We are but they can maintain that while undoing the stupid of it taking necros 3 or 4 dots having to be cast to catch up to what druids, enchanters and shaman can do with a single cast at times. They could leave necros alone for now and just change our swift dots for grouping and most necros would be fine but the classes I mentioned need smaller base dots in some cases with the lost damage spread out some more or its just stupid at times. That and some druid dots qualifying for gift of chromatic haze boosts giving them multimillion dot ticks.

And lets not forget this started over a year ago.
  14. Tereil Elder

I am sure he is working on it, and no amount of impatience will change when they come...so look forward to them and know they'll come some time.
  15. Vindicate Elder

I'm totally in agreement here, why can't they do everything at once!?!? I think the answer is.....cuz, they can't. Ok I'm satisfied with that. How about you guys?