Seriously Daybreak?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by ArrynRaggnarok, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ArrynRaggnarok Apprentice

This is beyond ridiculous. Why is it so difficult to keep a 20 year old game up and running? Just remove whatever changes ya'll were so bent on making and let us enjoy our game please....

Or are we going to wait for another three hours, only to be able to play for one hour?
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

We can all be calm. It's only a "potential" issue. If this were a real issue I would be worried. Anyone have any information on this potential virus thing?
    Jugerrnaut likes this.
  3. haaaalp Augur

Stop spreading fake news
    Rabithon and shep569 like this.
  4. ArrynRaggnarok Apprentice

It's almost like all the dev's are weather people, i.e. saying there's a "15% chance of rain today" as we see people floating by on an Ark....

They don't provide customer service, and now they aren't even providing a service, with all this downtime.
    shep569 likes this.
  5. shep569 Journeyman

Daybreak Devs suck... Period... The game is a money market ONLY.... screw the top 1% raiders and stop making the game ... Because those people dont have lives beyond raiding doesnt mean the rest of the 99% have to suffer. :mad:
    Brilhasti likes this.
  6. Ronnis)Xegony Journeyman

So we're all camping the Fabled Forums I see
  7. Nainconnu New Member

Feel free to delete EQ. It takes a lot of patience to play. For the elders, it doesn't surprise us
  8. ArrynRaggnarok Apprentice

I love the witty come backs of "if you don't like it just quit" attitudes. I've played the game since the beginning, and even though you might choose to disagree with our complaints, they are very valid.

It's a good thing you have "patience", definitely need it with this cluster of a game.
    Rabithon likes this.
  9. Kneeo Journeyman

[IMG]
    Rabithon likes this.
  10. Rebelicious Augur

It is funny people telling us to quit if we voice a justified criticism when we played on the original EQ 20 years ago and have come back for the nostalgia. Seriously, if this game alienates the people who grew up playing it... it's going on life support... which from the looks of things might not be too far off.
    Rabithon and ArrynRaggnarok like this.
  11. TheNewNewbie New Member

Do i smell a Dwarf on a old computer with a fan running to keep it cooled off from over heating here ?
  12. Rimli New Member

Stop for a second and think about it. Be honest with yourself and remain objective.

There is much more lacking in our lives than we first realised if we are getting angry over pixels.
  13. Rebelicious Augur

I'm rich, the only "old computer" are the servers this cheap ask company uses.
  14. TheNewNewbie New Member

Does old computer , and haven't showered in a week ring a bell?
  15. Rebelicious Augur

No... but maybe one of the IT guys thought the servers needed a wash.
  16. Creatorx New Member

Being a programmer I know you make a fix or an update/upgrade run it for a week fixing all the issues to get it running for live servers may not always be that easy. Sure it's a 20 year old game but think of all the code that has gone into this game, unbelievable lines of code. Not one person alone wrote it so when you do updates to better the game experience and it works fine on test there may be something on another server that did not function correctly with that code that worked fine on Test!
    This does not mean "Daybreak Devs suck... Period.." as shep569 wrote. I would like to see you in this position and see how you would handle it.
    Chill the F. out, the game will be back up soon again!
    I personally think the dev's have been doing a pretty good job. Trying to figure out 20 year old code can be a HELL!

Kudo's Dev's!
    Vythika likes this.
  17. shep569 Journeyman

Yes the Developers do suck at Daybreak, They have made the game about being a MONEY MARKET. We all have jobs as adults, I do mine in my field w/ excellence and when issues arise or if I do mess something up - I AM HELD accountable and have to give an ETA when things will get fixed, even when its not my problem. So Daybreak has sucked in this category, they constantly break stuff while fixing things that are not even broken. So you chill the F* out. ;)
    They need to fix Warrior Mitigation AC and Evasion AC, Oh and make the Disc actually Mitigate damage again!
    ArrynRaggnarok likes this.
  18. akanna New Member

I think you are missing the larger issue....the game has been literally unplayable for ~29/30 hours so far in the past 2 days (and there was a several hour? rollback this morning)...and yet people are still being charged for multiple days of gold status...I think they need to refund at least 1 day of gold status to all players that have active status when this is over since it was impossible for anyone to play
    Brilhasti and ArrynRaggnarok like this.
  19. Creatorx New Member

@akanna yeah I hear you there. I have accounts I also have on live and pay for so I can see the frustration. But this is to do with Daybreak's accounting and operations, not Dev's imop. Screaming at the dev's is the wrong thing to do. Scream @ operations :)
  20. Tarasqua New Member

It's a democratic hoax and the U.S. will be at zero cases soon. I also have a hunch that it's going to clear up when weather gets warmer in the spring. If it doesn't fade in the spring, no worries, chloroquine will cure it! Even though the administration has done everything right, they would've done a lot more if it wasn't for the impeachment (another democratic hoax) distracting them! Despite Tuesday and Wednesday being back to back days of record breaking deaths we should be back to business as usual in no time!