Serious Question: How do people level to 50 in ONE Week?!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by telados, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Dyzalot Augur

Not sure it is fair to label a parent as "neglectful" just because you hear crying in the background.
    Machen and Nennius like this.
  2. Accipiter Old Timer

Sometimes they just have to cry it out. I still let them cry it out to this day. And my kids are in their 30s. ;)
    Rampart, Kittany, Roxas MM and 2 others like this.
  3. Crazzie Lorekeeper

You didnt read it at all, i am turning in Real Life 50 this year, so if an old man can do it i am sure anyone can, get 50 in a week.
  4. Ishbu Augur

Not to be a jerk but the OP is kind of telling on themselves here.

We've all had groups with people who think afking for 5 minutes every 20min is ok. Or players who think fighting over 10 mobs with another group is a better use of time than going anywhere else. And lets not even get started on the people who always think the grass is greener and their entire goal in game is to spend every minute of possible exp time traveling to the other side of the world and back, with no open camp
  5. Hinastorm86 Augur

If someones spouse won't allow them to have a few days of peace to really dive into whatever hobby they are into every now and then, get a divorce.
    Thorak1234, Kittany and Laronk like this.
  6. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Best advice I've seen on a forum thus far.
    Almost fchat had the best sell your wife to upgrade but that was extreme.
  7. Maneuvre Augur

1. Find a static group
    2. If no success, build a mini-static group from within your guild.
    3. If no success, build a PUG from the /lfg window. Find a camp, setup shop, and grind for a few hours if not more.
    4. Save questing, tradeskilling, bazaar quest, alt quest, etc. for after you hit 50.
    5. After you grind to 50, make an alt and enjoy casual play.

Hope that helps. glhf
  8. Accipiter Old Timer

No, I understood you.

[IMG]
  9. Sikkun Augur

Go to Guk pop XP potions, leave 2 days later and level 50.
  10. Sikkun Augur

They are being neglectful to the guild for not turning on push to talk.
    Gnothappening and Dyzalot like this.
  11. Xeris Augur

Also dumb thing that people do is continually pick around looking for a high value camp. Spent time on my alt yesterday in guk and we had a frenzy group but they wanted hamlord and we spent 45 minutes picking to diff picks and wiping twice just to find a hamlord camp... when in that time if we just pulled mobs in frenzy we would have all leveld up.

Steady and consistent is the best way to go. Plus as others have said, you can find better xp zones than Guk. SolB is nice, OOT is good. Both of those places are probably better than Guk once you hit 42+... and obviously the Hole is the best. Go there if you have a chanter w/ charm pet
    Leifer1969 likes this.
  12. Machen New Member

Lol. In a thread about how people level 1-50 asap, your advice is to don't.... Not bad advice for most people generally, but doesn't seem the sort of thing that remotely addresses the OP's questions. If your advice is to not even try, you've probably not actually ever done it on anything like the level of the people the OP is envying.
  13. Silver-Crow Augur

Oh believe me i have.. back in the day.
    These days i've a family and lots of real life responsibilities so i have to take care of RL before games. I've done the charge, i've done the raids and while EQ is dear to me, i play it to enjoy it, not as a job.

So many people forget there's fun to be had at all levels, not just at 50. The only reason to achieve 50 fast is to raid, and lets face it... hate, fear, sky, naggy, vox all get pretty stale pretty quickly, so why rush. It's not like there's AA's to grind for now.
    Arog likes this.
  14. Bewts Augur

When Selos launched, the race was to 60 and not 50. And that was a legitimate race launch compared to some others I’ve seen.

Our static group was
    2 clerics
    2 enchanters
    1 warrior
    1 necro (I think and just because, didn’t really serve a purpose).

I don’t think we got online until around 2 AM or something stupid like that as launch days are horrible for login (as folks are very well aware).

We played straight through and I had to back off for a bit (kids) while someone else played my chanter at one point.

I may be wrong, but we were 60 before 2 full days had elapsed or there about a and we weren’t the first there but a group amongst many.

Point is the following:
    1. Commit to sit down and play for long hours.
    2. Design a static group, preferably around chanters.
    3. Plan your xp route
    4. Pool resources to get the critical spells
    5. Designate a runner to pick up things to limit chances of zoning crashes.
    6. It helps if you have access to someone who can craft spells (but isn’t wholly necessary).
    Leifer1969 likes this.
  15. ajschliewe Elder

And all those that rushed to level 50, they now have 2.5 months of doing nothing, then 6 months to level up just 5 levels.
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  16. Mrjon3s Augur

60 is the max lvl in kunark.
  17. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

On the 3rd day the server was up, Saturday in fact, I saw someone offering level 50 mage DS in commonlands. Like, HOW?
    What do these people know that I don't know?
    UPDATE: I guess the answer is: enchanter charm.
  18. code-zero Augur

It has nothing to do with any particular class power and everything to do with having a full group of people who are awake and actually playing. Just as important is having a plan laid out of where to go to level, what key spells need to be purchased etc. They don't sit at a camp till the spawns go grey on them they're moving constantly to the next spot on their list and keeping it cleared.
  19. sirelothar New Member

One week is plenty of time. Some people take a week off of work and have a static group formed and it'd be VERY easy to hit 50 with a static group. Enchanter pets are OP as heck so just bring one of those, a tank, cleric, dps and you can easily hit 50 in a week just doing the standard dungeons and no shennanigans. Did it on phinny, only took 6 days to hit 50. It's really not that difficult at all but every server I see these kind of posts crop up, lol.
  20. TheTone Elder

It's really all about the consistent static grouping. There's a bunch of other variables, but so long as you're in a full group of players who are constantly killing and focused solely on leveling, you're good to go. Buy as many necessary spells as you can afford, stay out of the EC tunnel, forget tradeskills and quests.
    code-zero likes this.