Separate options for different windows?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Xailiax, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Xailiax New Member

Hello again all. I had a quick question regarding options when boxing, particularly hot button mapping. What happened was:

1. I was 2 boxing and changed my hot buttons for window A, but left window B at default.
    2. The next time I logged in both accounts/windows had the new hot buttons.

Is it possible to separate loadouts for things like this? I was thinking of cloning the everquest folder in system files so each ui would be unique but that seems like a hastle. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Assuming that you are referring to the key assignments to different commands, those are universal to the folder from which you are playing EQ.

You mentioned UI in your last paragraph. You can make the UI (appearance) unique for each character, but you cannot make the key assignments unique within a folder.
  3. Nolrog Augur

The only thing I can think if, because as Xianzu notes, some options impact every character, is to have separate EQ directories for each. Then you can set them how you want.
    Felicite likes this.
  4. Xailiax New Member

Thanks guys, that's pretty much what I figured. Would it be difficult to have separate directories and run a different exe for each window or would it be as simple as copy pasting the EverQuest folder in system files?
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I ran the Setup from Daybreak for each install. But if you don't want to do that, I assume just copying and pasting your current EQ folder will work.

The only downside is that it takes up an additional 11 GB or so on your hard drive. And, of course, you have to do all your custom things (for me, that is a lot of things)>
  6. Sissruukk Rogue One

Felicite and Fanra like this.
  7. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Also ISB allows different keys/options for each account/character, even if running from the same directory. One of the best features of ISB, even if you don't want to use any of the boxing features.
  8. Xailiax New Member

Thanks for the help everyone, I think I'm just going to copy paste the EQ folder and try that when I get home from work today, I'll let you know what happens.
  9. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I S Boxer for the win!

It does separate keys by account, but I'm not anything will separate them by toon (except maybe a separate directory for each toon on an account).
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It does. It creates files named "eqclient-charname (servername)". There is one created for each char. There is a [KeyMaps] section in each of these files.

The other nice thing which ISB does, even if you don't really care about boxing, is it runs in windowed mode, but appears full screen, so you don't lose any screen space, but you don't minimize EQ when browsing on a separate monitor, or want to use gina, which requires windowed mode.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Yeah, and almost all of my settings are separated as expected, but I still have trouble with multi-binds and other key-mapping changes persisting across toons. To the point where I have been using different Hotbars for other toons, so that the keys don't overlap (even for toons on other servers). I'll take another look tonight, but any suggestions are appreciated (maybe something in my I S Boxer config?).

I can't explain it, especially since the trouble follows the account (even though the ini files appear to be unique per toon&server). Just to be clear: under Options>Keys, if I set Hotbar 1, Button 1 to be activated with the "E" key on one toon, it will also be set for other toons on the same account.
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I rarely change keybind settings, so I don't have much help to offer. You could post at the ISB forums, they're usually quite helpful.
  13. Xailiax New Member

I tried out ISB and it looked like there was a lot more going on there than I have time to learn, so I settled on Hotkeynet. It's really simple but that's why I need separate hot button commands for my 2 windows, I could just change them every time but meh. I did notice that you can do 2 sets of commands just in the everquest options so I might be set already.
  14. Angahran Augur

One thing to check, make sure the different sessions loaded from ISB are actually pointing to different files.
    It's possible to load multiple sessions but have them all looking at the same 'unique' files.
    Just something to double check.