Sense the Dead

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stephen51, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Stephen51 Augur

This AA was removed from Cleric, Necromancer, Paladin in one of the AA consolidation patches (20th of September 2017), but unlike a lot of consolidated AA's this wasn't added to another line, in fact it was totally removed. AA's were refunded.

Now it's not a big thing but there was no reason given behind it, I just wondered why?
  2. Kacman Augur

It was removed because it was an OP ability. If it DTed you on a successful sense, the Devs would have added ten thousand more levels to improve the DT to be instant and then viral to the rest of your group/raid.

Just joking but over half of what the Devs have done in the past 5+ years makes about as much sense as my joking.
  3. Tucoh Augur

To add onto that, I think it'd be cool if cle/nec/pal/sk were able to use track for undead, BST were able to use track for animal type mobs, enchanters were able to use track for humanoid and mages were able to use track for summoned/golem mobs.

Track is such a cool feature, it's a shame to limit it to only a few classes.
  4. Jyve Augur

YES!!!!

(With chanters having a filter for 'where all the charmable mobs at?').
  5. Slippry Augur

Try using origin if you want to find charmable mobs.
    fransisco likes this.
  6. narksar Augur

You can always go buy the spell "Sense the Dead" from Vissa D`Dbth in the Necromancer guild in Neriak 3rd Gate. It's a level 1 necro spell, Cleric lvl 9, Paladin lvl 4, shadow knight lvl 2. But its 4 silver and 1 copper. If it wasn't so expensive I would have bought you a copy of that spell and just given to you, but I need to sell my High Quality Bear Skins so I can afford my level 12 spells. I hear I finally get "Bind Affinity"! Yay!
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

I really wish they would give this aa back, I used it frequently, and I've pushed my non-working button (still holding out hope the deletion was a mistake) a couple dozen times in RoS so far only to be disappointed.

As far as buying the spell, that's really not the point (I'm sure I'm nowhere near the only person that has every single spell available to their class in their spell book - plus old, obsolete spells such as Invigor). It was a convenience to have this spell as an aa ability since, like many classes, we (paladins) don't have enough spell gems to allow us to memorize all of the spells together that we might use. Unlike most classes, we can't really switch spells in mid-fight unless it happens to be a single mob that is stunnable - and changing spells twice after a mob's death just to cast sense undead a few times is annoying after so much time with the aa button.

Not that I want any more spells/abilities to be combined, but I was half-hoping this would show up again on some newly consolidated aa line for RoS.
  8. Savager Augur

New spell incoming! Sense the suspended!
  9. Qbert Gallifreyan

I wouldn't mind that one :p It would let me know who not to group with (not that I group much anyways, heh).
  10. Valhallon New Member

Educate me please, returning player ~ Are you all talking about suspended pets or mercs? and why is having a suspended pet or merc or both the sign of a poor player? ( I assume that's why you said you wanted to avoid grouping with that player )

11. Qbert Gallifreyan

There were a ton of suspensions recently for players that exploited some new mission that I only tried once and failed (and I've never heard about that bug/exploit thing but I stick to myself and a couple friends). No reference to pets or mercs intended :)
  12. Valhallon New Member

Ahh, I see - thanks for the clarification!
  13. Tornicade_IV Augur

so just to be clear. your against useful utility spells having aa versions so they can be made clickies and advocate those old spells that have been made into aa to be removed as aa's?

You must of been really upset about the unity aa lines introduced with ROS.