Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gildor New Member

releasing GoD and OoW together is signing the death of this server(s); please dont!
    1337bwr and woo woo like this.
  2. woo woo Journeyman

Seriously DBG......player retention has nothing to do with difficulty....it has to do with accessibility to mobs needed to progress. Stop guessing at things and listen. The whole F'd up plan to buff mobs has been the wrong direction.
    Friday likes this.
  3. taliefer Augur

I'm pretty mad about it too, GoD is a great expansion now, theres a lot of good group content and the raid content is awesome
  4. Kinthar New Member

GoD at the same time as OoW will ruin progression servers. I was so excited to get 6 months of GoD on Ragefire. Now I know I won't keep a subscription that long. That's really a shame
  5. Trackanon Elder

I think everyone is pretty mad about the GoD/OoW release, I know I'm not happy about it. That being said... If they continue to break content I might quit well before that time. The thought of doing VT bosses with boss buffs makes me want to cancel my subscription. Not to mention any future issues they might cause "just cuz".
  6. Healiez Augur

The longer unlocks are ok, im fine with that. ESPECIALLY if it lets you get your silly changes right the first time.

The GoD/OoW thing needs to be reverted...

BUT PLEASE! stop changing/ with the mechanics. Instances were great, why I signed up for phinny, but all this stuff you keep adding is just adding straws, and eventually the back is going to break.

Please give us the server we signed up for, and stop tuning with/ with mechanics that were not needed nor asked for.
    Friday likes this.
  7. Machen New Member

I actually don't have data, that was right before I took over from bkfippy.com -- I wish someone had kept data from that era. But from what I recall, it was 3 guilds on Fippy, 1 guild on Vulak, out of about 12-15 total guilds raiding at the time between the two servers. At least for guilds that beat it in era. TL, Citizen, Ascendancy on Fippy and EoE on Vulak. I think only RoI beat it in era on Combine, making 5 total guilds ever to beat it in era.
  8. Machen New Member

These ideas are both horrendously bad. A half a year in PoP+LDoN is way too long. Check your server population #'s for Fippy during the last two weeks of LDoN.

And combining Gates + OoW is the one of the worst ideas I've ever seen floated for a progression server on these forums, and that's saying a lot. I sincerely hope this is not set in stone and you guys revisit this decision. This is being universally condemned by your player base, for good reason. Gates is a great expansion and fully deserves its own time in the sun. And, especially with the massive dps changes you all have made since Fippy and Vulak went through Gates, Gates is going to be much, much easier this time through. (Assuming you guys don't further screw it up with motm etc.)
  9. Machen New Member

I could be misremembering but I am pretty sure Darkblood beat it a few days after OoW launched. Edit--I really don't have any idea though because tracking this kind of stuff wasn't even on my radar in GoD.
  10. Realitycheck Elder

Will somebody do it at some point? Yeah, probably. Will they get over the thrill of being a jerk within a few days? Almost assuredly. The level of civility on this server is, quite frankly, unprecedented. I highly doubt any guild would be continuously blocked anymore.

There's quite a lot to do in PoP at the bottom tier of that expansion. You have 5 levels on a server that heavily restricts XP, a ton of AA's (not to mention the ones you didn't cap in Luclin), and a bunch of lower tier flagging. It took most guilds on Phinny over 10 days to kill Trak when Kunark came out with instances (and keep in mind, it was bugged to boot, without MotM). Even if you made it a 1 day respawn, there'd probably be a little jostling to start, but within a week or so it'd level itself out. It's a risk/reward scenario but I'd take 1 week of jostling for 2 months of dead time any day of the week.

Edit: and if somebody does make a habit of blowing events to grief, just suspend/ban them. This isn't Fippy/RF/LJ where accounts were effectively disposable, people have a very limited number of them and probably won't risk them for an hour of jollies.
  11. CyryllisFenninRo Lorekeeper

I've had this account for 16 years and this thread is the first one I've felt the need to comment on.

I'm ok with the slight delay of Luclin and PoP so that content can be ready and not in a rushed state.

With that being said: PLEASE DO NOT BUNDLE GoD and OoW!
    Many of us resubscribed and came to these TLP servers to experience GoD at the appropriate level.

(Side note: PotM is a terrible addition to the game, and punishes players who look to raid with smaller numbers instead of zerging everything down.)
  12. Sophism Lorekeeper

...really ? Another giant vote for 'no' on putting GoD and OoW together. Give us GoD separately and before (OoW), please. (The level of specificity I feel was warranted)
  13. Machen New Member

So you are giving ldon a full 84 days with a total of 10 raid events... And then combining GoD (~40 total raid encounters) plus OoW (around 45 total raid encounters including epic raids) into one single 84 day period. If guilds do one new raid per day they will barely have time to kill everything in GoD+OoW once in 84 days. This is batshit crazy and has to be changed.

Edit -- forgot the bic raids.
  14. Machen New Member

The only expectation you are setting for future servers here is that you are going to completely and arbitrarily with every expectation you have previously given the player base about how each server will operate. This, you have made crystal clear, thanks.
  15. Progress Augur

Longer unlocks for a correctly instanced PoP = win in my book. As far as GoD releasing with OoW that is just crazy talk. GoD takes a great deal of time on its own with the flagging, side content bosses, and aug farming! OoW has epics 1.5 and quite a bit of factioning and flagging. Both end zone bosses are difficult in their own era and not a push over even in the current power of the game. By lumping these together guilds will skip GoD all together which would be a shame as it is probably the last "difficult" expansion.
  16. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

It's refreshing to at least see some of the people from Fippy call this out for how stupid it is. Even if it suddenly became acceptable that you started putting out 18 week unlocks for 2 expansions on the advertised 12 week unlock server, there is still no explanation for why PoP and LDoN are being treated as separate 12 week expansions.

PoP, at even 3 months, already feels lengthy due to its very linear nature and how getting to the final step really trivializes all the previous ones. Tossing out a fluff expansion right after, instead of running it concurrent with PoP or GoD, will cause a worse nosedive in population than any of the other mindboggling decisions you've already made.

If you actually ditched some of the worthless and unwanted "rebalancing" for Luclin as well as accelerated the spawn timers and/or boosted the flag count for PoP encounters, you could probably manage to get the expansions unlocked much closer to the timeline you promised. Instead you keep tinkering in prodding in other areas of the game for god knows why. Who asked for any of this?

The entire GoD/OoW thing is just an absolute sham and makes me think that the reason you believe people leave your game after PoP has more to do with the game itself than the people who run it constantly screwing things up. I know for me on Fippy, it had nothing to do with game content and everything to do with the failures of the asinine voting system. Lo and behold, you screw up your 84 day unlocks too. What do you think people who were playing specifically for that predictability are going to do when you pull this kind of bait and switch?
  17. Thrash New Member

free beast lords and zerkers 2016!

Serious.

Just let us use them both when luclin unlocks! Not very many people are going to be wanting to re-level up a toon with how bad the xp is! Let us that want to be a zerker enjoy some of the content before god/oow
  18. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

There are definitely some expansions that would be better bundled together. Hell, I'd have been fine with Kunark and Velious being bundled. In fact go ahead and bundle PoP, LoY, and LDoN all together if you want. I'm not as familiar with many of the later expansions, but I've always hard PoR, for example, just doesn't have a lot of content - bundle that up.

However, one thing that should never, ever, ever, ever happen is bundling two expansions with disparate level caps. Ever.

Say no to this idea.

And as others have chimed in: instead of talking about how long it will take to get PoP read (which I appreciate it being handled well), just can development on PotM and Luclinc MotM. The only further resources that should be devoted to either are deleting them from the system.

Remember Project M? That's how we should look back on PotM.

It is really cool that you have figured out how to create auras with damage/resist adjust components. This just isn't the time or place, and you have higher development priorities.
  19. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

I don't think I can be a druid for an extra 6 weeks. FREE BEASTLORDS.
    Banecrow likes this.
  20. Thrash New Member

BST+BER and all race combos except emokin and frogs upon velious or luclin release!

Do the right thing if you're gonna screw us paying customers with longer unlocks!

Compromise. Throw us a bone!
    Fix xp rates!
    Fix broken golem, marl kastane, most of all, the freakin chanter epic! For the love of all that's fun and holy!

Do the right thing or forever lose the confidence of the fans of your game!

I swear to god, if they announce another tlp with my above mentioned fixes, it's like a huge middle finger.

Spazzinggggg at 2am cause this announcement made so little sense it stresses me out!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.