Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

Yep. Sounds right.

[IMG][IMG]
  2. Ryak Augur

It isn't my first choice, but I guess we have to pick up conversation about God/OoW here since they locked our other thread because...i guess they were tired of us getting to talk about this?
  3. Lyrial Journeyman

I've added a "like" for Satoshi's post here.

As the guild leader of House of Strix (with approx 100 active members from Australia and Korea), our officer pool and general membership are all in agreement that we would prefer that Omens and GoD were not bundled together. We ask respectfully that DBG please reconsider this in a future planning meeting.
  4. Taemek Lorekeeper

I am a member of House of Strix and not reading through all the 30+ pages here.

Just here to vote my support against the current idea of releasing GoD and OoW together and any expansion come future for that matter. This, accompanied with other skills/stat changes they have mentioned they will also do will render GoD useless and the only reason to do it will to be just reminisce.

While I don't disagree that reminiscing can be good for the soul, I would far greater enjoy a healthy challenge to go with it.

If time is an issue, allow 4 months for PoP + LoY and 4 months between GoD / OoW and release LDoN half way between. This keeps it very active and a lot of content to do at all times of the day/night with good time to cover it.
  5. ZeeK Elder

Please don't bundle the expansions the way you have described in OP. PoP and LoY together is fine and in a perfect world I would like to see LDON and GoD coming out together 3 months later and OoW 3 months after that (on Phinigel). Essentially having 6 months of PoP would suffer heavy attrition especially during spring/summer months.
  6. RumbleBumps New Member

Has a single person said "Please bundle GoD and OoW, I think that's a great idea" ?
  7. Adonhiram Augur

Beware, this kind of question can sound tempting to some forum users ;-)
  8. RumbleBumps New Member

I'm just wondering at what point they just shut down Phinigel and say "We didn't realize we would have to try when we decided we could support a new style progression server."

Maybe all the terrible decisions lately are just their way out.
  9. AgentofChange Augur

Hey since it's been 7 months since this post was made, can any dev confirm whether or not they will follow through with ruining the progression servers, or have they finally taken their heads out of the sand and realized releasing GoD & OoW together would be the stupidest decision ever made?

Thanks.
  10. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

It's been nearly 3 weeks since the issue tracker was closed, and about the same time I made my post that has received over 45 likes a page prior. Can DBG update the paying consumers as to what progress, if any, has been made on the GoD/Omens unlinking?
  11. Pikallo Augur

You heard the man, FORTY FIVE LIKES!!
    Warrior007 likes this.
  12. Astley Augur

RadarX commented further on a Reddit forum post.

They will make a further update on the whole GoD/OoW issue early to mid next year.

There WAS some miscommunication internally with the issue tracker post by muramass... that was a mistake, and they have not made up their minds.

Don't expect official comments until next year.

I would say after the PoP release, we should hit the discussion back up so it is not forgotten... But at least it sounds like they ARE considering changing their minds.
  13. Tudadar Augur

I think i was right in assuming they planned to bundle these two expansions because a new progression server would be announced for around this period. With the holly producer letter saying a new prog possibly mid 2017 this could be their reasoning. There are thousands of people that played LJ/RF that quit b4 even getting to PoP. Some form of bundling (be it god/oow or ldon/loy/pop etc) will hopefully get more people to experience OoW.
    Adonhiram likes this.
  14. Polekn Augur

It still makes no sense. They could reduce unlock timers on expansions if they wanted OOW to come sooner. We see the opposite so far.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I feel like it's such a sad testament to the wants of the playerbase that after 31 pages and 47,000 views, Daybreak still refuses to budge on this announcement that blindsided Phinny almost a year ago now... apparently 600 some posts of dissent has not been enough, and Daybreak's silence has been so firm that posts aren't even being made weekly here anymore.

Thanks for listening, Daybreak : /
  16. Ryak Augur

There is unprecedented agreement in the community that releasing GoD with OoW is not going to result in a better experience, in fact the opposite. Releasing these two together robs the community of the ability to experience content which we would very much like to get a chance to experience.

This hasn't been true since GoD was tuned down after its initial release. No previous progression server has ever had difficulty clearing GoD in era at 65 and Phinigel isn't just any progression server.

Any of the top 8 guilds easily has the same gear or better than the top guild did on previous progression servers.

The only way to describe GoD on Phinigel as difficult would be if you define difficult charitably as finally reaching a level where it isn't laughably easy anymore. Because that's the reality on this server. And this assessment of the current difficulty isn't coming from the most hardcore guild by any means. In the two threads above, representatives from pretty much every guild have confirmed that they haven't found the content thus-far to be difficult at all and they don't expect that a level 65 GoD would be excessively difficult by any reasonable definition.

Since the previous thread was locked in an attempt to avoid having to deal with the unpopularity of this decision, I am forced to start this thread.

But if you are interested to see 2 huge threads full of almost exclusively people explaining why it would be bad for the server population and happiness and bad for DBGs subscription numbers for them to continue with this plan, you can check out these threads:

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/discussion-about-god-and-oow.234850/

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...se-heading-progression-server-changes.232356/

In closing, please do not make the same mistake you have made in the past and ignore a nearly 100% consensus from the community that this is NOT wanted. you still have time and it doesn't make you weak to listen to community feedback. It just makes you a smart business who listens to their customers.
    Borune likes this.
  17. Popanasty Journeyman

18. Prisim Lorekeeper

The last we heard was that no final decision has been made. I have to hope they are waiting to see how the release of PoP goes, then may make that final decision.
  19. TarewMarrForever Augur

I couldn't have said it any better. I really, really hope these are NOT bundled...as was promised when the server rules were presented. I see zero benefit to changing it now, and the line regarding the "difficulty" is truly just a line. There are other motives at play, and I get that they want to maximize revenue, but they'll be doing that by adding another TLP. This is absolutely unnecessary, and will serve to do more to hurt revenue than help it.
  20. Ootax Augur

This doesn't bother me as much as it does most other people. My thinking is you're still going to go back and raid in GoD anyway. Because you're not going to do Anguish once ever 5.5 days and nothing else. So hitting up Tacvi, Txevu, and Inka tuta is going to be done when not doing Anguish. I do think it's odd they want to release them at the same time and their reasoning is definitely flawed but it's not the end of th world imo. I would rather they shorten PoP down to 4 or 3 months instead of 6 but that doens't look like it's going to happen.

What they should do is release GoD 3 or 4 months after PoP, then release OOW/DoN together(3 months after GoD) then DODH/POR together(3 months after OOW/DON) . That will give 6 months of level 65 content and 6 months of level 70 content.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.