Sense Heading - Progression Server Changes

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trackanon Elder

I like how the devs felt a need to post in the thread about the server being down one or two days during prime time, yet this thread about the future of the server with overwhelming feedback is totally ignored. Maybe they just want the TLPs to end with PoP...
  2. taliefer Augur

it sure would be nice to hear something, whether its they are willing to change their minds, or not.
  3. bodes Augur

GOD is scheduled to release July 19. They just launched a new live expansion. I wouldn't expect them to make any decisions or sift through the feedback until after the holidays.
  4. -wycca Augur

This I imagine.
  5. Kegwell Lurker since '99

they haven't finished the broken mirror yet...
  6. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

PoP and LoY release together, why not LDoN and GoD together? Problem solved. I for one do not want 6 months of farming PoTime. LDoN raids are kinda lame anyhow.
    Banecrow likes this.
  7. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

That's actually a very sensible solution. WE WILL HAVE NONE OF THAT.
  8. Finchy Augur

how dare you talk down on LDoN! LDoN is bae
  9. v01d Journeyman

Please don't do this. Release them separately, just like they were originally.
  10. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

Brilhasti likes this.
  11. Hadesborne Augur

If they release OOW and GoD together, the ONLY reason people will venture ofrth into GoD is for the BiC quest, and some of the augments. people will just beeline for Anguish and forget all about GoD. Please separate these expansions by 12 weeks atleast!
  12. Revarund New Member

Here is the biggest issue for me, I am waiting for GoD to have fun with my Berserker again. If you release both expansions at the same time, you are completely screwing over that class by making us grind the extra 5 levels + not be caught in AA's pre-OoW. I would like to have 400-500 AA's before you release OoW.

How do rationally think that a progression server cannot handle the GoD expansion on its own, when were are breezing thru every other expansion and clearing end content bosses within weeks of expansion launch and not months like Live was 14 years ago. How many guilds killed Aten Ha Ra before PoP came out? My guess is not many if anyone at all was able to due to the Dev's inability to fix/finish an expansion before you pushed the next expansion down our throats before you even had the current 1 finished.

We want a challenge, we don't want a cake walk. I honestly feel that Quarm server was trivialized with defiant gear because then you only needed to gear your tanks and healers and pass whatever leftover gear the was to DPS/Support classes.
  13. Kyel Journeyman

I don't know if I if it's a good thing or a bad sign, but assuming there is no dishonesty involved it appears the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing when it comes to OoW/GoD at DBC.

muramass, one of? the people who manages issues on the DBC tracker, said he was told the decision was already made and they wouldn't change their minds. Yet here on the forums RadarX said no decision has been made.

So either someone is out of the loop, or possibly in the last four days it went from not going to change their minds to not decided? I was suggest whoever Muramass gets his information from and whoever RadarX got his from, then they need to get together and talk.
    Warrior007 likes this.
  14. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

This.

This thread indicates one thing - Omens/GoD being bundled. RadarX says no decision has been made yet about the outcry that has been going on since the announcement. The DBG issue tracker liaison says another thing - that there will not be any change.

Can whoever Muramass (the tracker DBG Liaison), Radarx/Roshen (Community Team) talks to, get together and sit down and go through the combined 60+ pages (some threads which have been pulled), and make a sensible decision that the community overwhelmingly wants? There's already been talent and playerbase that have quit over this, as GoD is such a rich expansion. It's not too late to reverse course.

There has been no TLP matter that has gotten such overwhelmingly unison against this bundling. This is the highest rated matter ever to reach the issue tracker, yielding more than 50 votes in under two weeks.

Bundle GoD with LDoN, or have GoD stand-alone in LDoN's place and put LDoN with PoP/LoY. LoY/LDoN launched on a timer after Rallos' death on prior TLP servers, it would fit in well.

Again, GoD is mostly instanced already. The only thing I see that needs to be instanced is Cragbeast Queen, along with Txevu for the Tacvi key. If resources are an issue, I am confident there are members of the community (myself included) that would be happy to work Pro Bono to ensure a smooth expansion.

If you agree with all or the majority of this post, I encourage you to like it as a show of support. This current course must change.
  15. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

having read thru 30 pages of this i would like to add in my view on this.
    Don't bundle oow and GoD.

1) it would completely devalue GoD content, people wouldn't do it, why would they?
    firstly the focus effects in GoD cap out at 67, so immediately the casters are screwed and won't wanna go

2) with the amount of available raids with the instances in GoD there won't be time for the extensive raiding and keying in GoD, why go to GoD when we still have targets in OOW up?

3) it will screw the zerkers massively, they will already be on the backfoot in GoD, but now you are gonna put them another expansion behind? why? did a zerker run off with your GF at some point?

4) if your argument is that GoD on its own is too hard, and the casual players won't be able to do the content, then don't release it on its own, release it with LDON, plenty of content for casual players, and most raiders think LDON is a bit of a MEH expansion anyways.

5) if you are going to bundle expansions, for the love of (insert deity of your choice here) don't do it across lvl ranges, it means you throw away half your own hard work, think of those long hours slaving over a hot keyboard coming up with the fantastic names for bosses in GoD? and then accidently deleting them during the christmas party in a drunken stupor, and flailing at the keyboard in anger afterwards, (only way i can think of someone coming up with Pixtt Riel Tavares). all that work would have been for naught? no one will see it on the TLP server, because they wanna kill mata muram cuz he has the fat loot and is easier anyways than tacvi, texvu or whatnot.
  16. Machen New Member

A big part of the problem and the disconnect here, I'm convinced, is that most of the devs on the team currently (with a couple exceptions) were not actually the devs who made GoD. It's not their thing, they don't have a personal attachment or investment. And they don't even necessarily understand the issues around it--they don't know the content as well as the players do in most cases. This has been a recurring problem with the progression servers in general.
    Ckador likes this.
  17. Ckador Augur

Machen and Me will return to Phinny if you unbundle these expansions.
    Warrior007, Kyel and Machen like this.
  18. Machen New Member

This is not outside the realm of possibility.
    Warrior007, Ckador and Kyel like this.
  19. Machen New Member

Btw to confirm this, just take a look at the skeletal remains in tacvi and compare to the current dev list. Of the 14 great adventurers, think all that are left are Prathun and Absor?
  20. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

[IMG]

Miss both of you fellas. Hopefully DBG comes to their senses and unlinks.
    Ckador likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.