Selos Raiding

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Darchon_Xegony, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

From the announcement post they said this:

Essentially that AoC lockouts are reduced by 50% on Selos to facilitate a faster unlock schedule and allow you to raid twice as often.

However because Selos begins in Luclin and gets an expansion every month you are looking at GoD by around July? So after just 4 months of the server you will have passed the expansions which rely upon AoC instances for raiding.

Even in PoP with PoTime just 2 months into the progression, you are starting non-instances.

Which leads to my primary question... Are the non-AoC instances also going to be reduced by 50%? Things like Plane of Time, Tacvi, Anguish, DoN dragons, Demiplane, etc. we are talking about the vast majority of the raid expeditions or tasks from GoD-Live.

This is the bulk of the time of the TLP server. If you aren’t accelerating the lockout on this massive set of content you are basically setting people to do raids maybe two or three times in era due to week long lockouts before they are obsoleted by newer content.
    Ahzek likes this.
  2. Hateseeker Augur

I just noticed the account wide lockout. Did previous AoC servers have account wide lockouts?

Edit: also, 2-3 times in era vs 5-6 times in era, it still takes a lot longer than that to fully equip a guild, so either way, unless guilds voluntarily hold back, they're still only getting a brief tour through each expansion. To gear up 50+ characters would take like 40+ raids and maybe even more due to duplicates. But a quick tour through the eras is, I assume, the point of the server -
  3. Sethiroth Augur

It’s gonna be like watching a train crash in slow motion.
  4. PaydroSmokedro New Member

That's a great catch and a question that needs an answer from DB. In starting to plan for this server, the guilds that are going into it are assuming that the future non-AoC content will have these reduced lockouts as well. Daybreak please confirm this is the case!
  5. Boze TLP complaint factory

Yes, Phinny gets account-wide from AoCs.
  6. Iyacc Augur

Agnarr also got account wide lockouts - yes. I think you could switch to a different toon on same account and join if the instance was still active but once it was closed, you were done on all toons for that raid til it reset.
  7. Darchon_Xegony Augur

But really. Will the halved lockouts on Selos only apply to AOCs, (basically the first 4 months of content).

Or will it also apply to all non-AoC missions/expeditions?

It seems odd to me to make this one of the selling points of the server if its so narrowly applied that it really doesn’t matter after the first 3-4 months of the server where gear is largely irrelevant. You need to gear up about 2-3 tanks and that’s it.

Whereas once you are getting into actually hard content you are going to be slowed by keying mechanics getting maybe 1-2 Clear(s) of the content in era and then moving on unless the lockouts are all reduced allowing accelerated keying and more gear farming so that your raid has enough gear to power through the next expansion.
  8. Kahna Augur

Reduced lockouts is a thing in the game guys. They did it for the Fall event, and it's not just for AOC instances. All the lockouts on live are effected by the lockout reduction events.

And GoD isn't out until August
  9. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Indeed but they specifically mention it with respect to AoC instances.

I just am curious if they did indeed apply it across all content not just the AoCs.