Selo's most needed class for raiding?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trex, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Trex Journeyman

I fully understand the play what you like comments I would normally receive but I like to many to list, so with that what classes besides cleric is hurting for players on selo's for most top end raiding guilds? Shaman/wizards/bards? Debating on what to play and duo with the wife.

Second question...anyone list some raiding guilds that start around 7pm PST/ 10pm eastern on Selos? Maybe Manglers as well?

Thanks
  2. suineg Lorekeeper

3. TLP Addict Augur

Clerics, Bards and Wizards seem to be the ones in high demand for raid guilds.

Druids are suprisingly in demand also, just not so much for groups. Even though there are boatloads of them on TLPs most are just PL/Port boxes and raid main druids are often in short supply.
    Iyacc likes this.
  4. HoodenShuklak Augur

A raid main druid might be in short supply but that doesn't mean it's in high demand.

Maybe later, but at least through ldon you can raid just fine without druids. Most druids I see on raids don't even cast their debuffs reliably.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Top Tier - Bards, Clerics and Wizzies
    Second tier - buffers - Shamens, chanters
    Third Tier - pullers, utility, secondary heals e.g. monks, mage, necro, ranger, druid
    fourth tier - Secondary tanks and generic DPS
    fifth tier - War (see notes below)

I'd avoid Warrior as they require alot of gear to be viable, and most guilds have their high attendance raid wars in place. Saying that if they lose a war, then the class will go to the top tier..

For a generic list of guilds on selos/mangler see :

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/selos-all-known-guilds-so-far.255229/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/mangler-all-known-guilds-so-far.255064/
    Iyacc likes this.
  6. Riptide666 Elder

To me, bard was one of those classes where the enjoyment of grouping vs. raiding was night and day. One was a blast while the other was quite underwhelming and boring (but useful). May be why there are so few bard mains these days that stick it out in the raid game and end up just being melody boxes
  7. Dailor Augur

That husband/wife duo thing is going to trip the guild's red flag system anyway so don't stress classes.
  8. TLP Addict Augur

Ah yeah the old "my wifes char" trick, even though she always seems to be at work or asleep and hasn't been heard in discord for 2 months.
  9. a_librarian Augur

casters are going to be dumpster tier DPS compared to melee for the next 5? expansions on Selo so I don't know where the 'wizards are high tier raid class' thing is coming from