Selos Exp Rate

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Bryldon, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Bryldon New Member

It seems that Selos has lost its bonus xp rate. First saw someone post about this on the Mangler discord channel that their xp matches ours. I tested this theory by making a lvl 1 human SK on both servers as well as Firiona Vie and Luclin and killing 1 large rat (lvl 1).

Mangler: 8.5%
    Selos: 8.5%
    Firiona Vie: 12.7%
    Luclin: 8.5%

While everyone would assume the xp rates would go to normal once we reach live, this seems to be a little early to have loss it seeing as there is still around 6 xpacks to go?
  2. Pikollo Augur

This something that will be fixed before next expac?
  3. Ngreth Thergn Developer

I could not reproduce this:
    I see 1.5 mod on Selo.

at level 1 there are lots of things that can alter the EXP you receive, mostly the per kill cap, and yes, it *may* be different on Firiona Vie.

I went to Luclin, killed the same mob, and saw a 1.0 mod.
  4. Scarredevolution New Member

So essentially the exp was not bugged but theres hard caps of how much xp a mob can give based on the server from what I understand then?
  5. Pikollo Augur

Doesn't this kind of create a choke point with Selo bonus xp? We realized we were hitting a cap in TDS. Without lesson we'd see 4aa a kill and with lesson only 5 (both during bonus xp). If there is a cap then sometimes the Selo bonus is kind of moot. Is it possible to raise that cap?
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Live frequently hits the hard cap during bonus events and as has been since RoS. Hard cap needs to be looked at for all servers not just Selo. Selo will feel it more as they get into the later expansions.

For example named in Gorowyn gives 5 AA a kill with no exp modifiers on live, during bonus you still only get 5AA this will also mean those on Selo will only get 5AA.

I've brought this up a couple of times for live servers but so far no action has been taken.
    Mithra likes this.
  7. Pikollo Augur

Thats going to hinder Selo a lot on these one month unlocks. I keep thinking RoS is coming up. 10k aa to get in a month. I really hope we are getting 10aa+ a kill. But if we aren't its going to be really hard to accomplish.
  8. Pikollo Augur

Any word on the xp cap thing? Or should we make another post to ask about it?
  9. theonepercent Augur

10. Soulbanshee Augur

Max integer without overflowing is 5 AA I believe not because of an artificial cap limiting to 5. I remember people hitting it at RoS because the golems gave such a massive amount of exp that it was overflowing and giving almost no exp in return, so it was fixed to limit it to the max integer ~2 mil so it wouldn't overflow.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So basically due to the overflow limitations the bonus XP on live XP & live XP+ servers is all but useless to high level players?