Selos Current XP rate w/ bonus is spot on

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ginix, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Ginix Augur

This is how the XP should always be. Thx <3
  2. a_librarian Augur

Will be curious to see what the AA rate is like with the PoP era AA boosts they mentioned, and also what GoD will do to the overall XP rate. I think since the 50% permanent boost it's been pretty good
  3. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Lol I had the thought to wonder if anyone had posted that this is what selo xp should always be yet, and here I am not disappointed.
  4. Protagonist Tank

Just wait for all the posts on Monday saying how the normal XP rate is now horrible and they deserve it to be bonused back up or they'll never have any chance of keeping up with Selo.
    Kandlil and Lowlife like this.
  5. Yliche New Member

To be fair it is much more difficult than most people realize. You have 4 weeks of grinding to try to get all of your AAs and hopefully cap for next unlock. That would be easy if you were just grinding exp every night. The issue is that guilds have to raid every single night because they decided to give double the raid unlock rate but reduce expansion timers by 1/3 which obviously doesn't even out. If they had just tripled the drops per kill instead, we wouldn't have to raid every single night and would give more time for exp grinding and other things.

As it stands, the weekends are the only real opportunities for grinding exp if you work a day job as well. Obviously some small group exp peppered in but only if you get lucky enough to get a group instantly.
  6. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

It's almost like people weren't saying this would be the case for weeks leading up to the launch.

This might come as a surprise to you, but you don't HAVE to clear all content in era. It didn't happen back in the day, it doesn't need to happen now. You aren't entitled to clearing it all in era, if you want that, go play on a slower server. Selo is not a "casual server" like people claim, the "casual" and "hardcore" terms were thrown out when they revamped the rulesets and names prior to launch.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  7. Yliche New Member

You don't 'have' to do anything at all, of course. Fortunately, clearing EQ content is probably easier than every MMO on the market. It's EXTREMELY basic and simple, so clearing the content is not even remotely difficult. You can literally clear to PoTime instantly upon unlock of PoP without even having to level or get new spells/gear.

It's wanting to clear content...as well as stay up to date with AAs, etc. That is significantly more difficult on this server. Yes, people have been saying it for a long time but that doesn't make it any less relevant that it's a bad design. You can still love EQ without being a complete koolaid drinker as an FYI. Feedback is a good thing.
  8. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

Selo has had 2 exp increases since launch, and people still aren't happy. Even if they added this bonus permanently, at the end of the next bonus, people would want that permanently. People like yourself that are never happy with what they give are the reason they are so reluctant to make changes.

You don't HAVE to raid every day.
    You don't HAVE to keep up with all content in era.
    You don't HAVE to stay up to date with AAs, etc.

You said it yourself, you can clear content without the AA's, spells, and gear. By your own logic, server exp should be fine.

You knew what you were signing up for before this server even launched. You've been given even more exp than at launch, and it is, as advertised, the fastest EXP TLP to date. Just because it isn't as fast as you want doesn't mean anything. They said it'd be the fastest EXP TLP to date, and it is. Sorry that you feel 3AA every 15 minutes isn't good enough. Maybe try a live server.
  9. Yliche New Member

Once again, pointless raging from you.

The fact of the matter is that either AA exp needs extremely ramped up to align with their release schedule (as intended by the design of all TLPs to allow time for typical AA grind to occur), or they need to revamp the raid lockouts.

This is their first attempt at this type of ruleset and it's great, but missed the mark in a few areas. They need adjusted. No amount of foot stomping from you changes the fact that it doesn't align properly, even though your 3 yr old fanboi syndrome thinks it does.

Every other TLP is designed in a way where you have plenty of time to raid and grind AA's between the different eras. 3 AA every 15 min is fine, but literally every higher end guild IS raiding every single night because of the way the raid lockouts are designed on this TLP. It's a missed target, 100%.

Is it the end of the world? Nope, but it definitely needs to be evaluated.

The other slight miss is that with accelerated leveling and released eras, casters struggle heavily to get enough money to buy their spells. They should probably look at increasing the dropped coin from mobs as well. This would also help people buy mounts in-era, etc.
    Taladir likes this.
  10. DeseanJackson Augur

S
    You care a lot about a server you don’t play on. You seem to be overly passionate about something that doesn’t affect you in any way outside just seeing forum posts (which, pro tip, you don’t have to open).
    Ajjantis and Volts like this.
  11. XevBard99 Lorekeeper

You're hopeless, you say one thing in one post and contradict yourself in the next. Enjoy your dying server, everyone on the forums knew this would be the case before launch and tried warning you ;)
  12. Lowlife Lorekeeper

Ouch dude. Imagine being so bored on Mangler you have the time to talk smack in every Selo related Forum post. OMEGALUL.

Stop posting irrelevant content. This is a discussion that doesn't concern you. Please @ me on this post in 9 months if you'e still playing Mangler to even see the content we're talking about. I bet you wont. SMILE.
    Elyani and Ajjantis like this.
  13. Ajjantis Elder

Well how boring must Mangler be that you get all this time to post nonsense on the forum?

Nobody wants to be stuck 3 months in classic. Nobody wants to wait 9 months for luclin to happen.
    Mangler is like every other TLP and thats why its gonna be dead sooner or later. Selo is a special server, i even see it as an event server. I know its only gonna last two years max, but thats why im here.
  14. Sethiroth Augur

More difficult than people realise. Almost as if they just mentally censored the many many posts saying exp wasn’t going to be as amazing as it sounded after some quick calculations were made regards the exp boost:expansion release timer ratios.

The writing was on the wall for weeks before the server went live.
  15. ShivanAngel Augur

204AA on my main
    maybe 20 of those were from an AE group.
    I also raid every night.
    EXP is fine, especially since they increased the base rate. You can easily get 4-5AA/hr in a non AoE group.
  16. Gana Augur

A friend of mine created a character on Selos on Saturday. By Sunday night, it was level 60 with 140 AAs. That does not sound too slow to me. I play very casually and have 3 characters in their 50s with a handful of AAs each. I think the xp is fine. Would I welcome higher xp? Or course, but I don't think it is necessary.