Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Greatly disappointed and discouraged that Selo and its rule-set are being deleted.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Far better than completely ignoring it until everyone had stopped playing.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

Is it though?

We always have the option of transferring to Live. But no live servers have aoc. Maybe selo is kind of dead... but what about mangler? They're on the same path. I'm sure there is a large portion of players that don't want to lose aocs... even on selo we see more old school classic announcements than more current targets.

Having said that, this really does pave the way to backadd aoc to live.
  4. Nargoul Journeyman

Pretty disappointed, there’s a pretty strong chance I have to change my character name. It was a good run, while I had it though.
  5. HoodenShuklak Augur

Had so many good ones too...
  6. Rakan New Member

Was really hoping they would consider removing truebox from mature TLP at this time also, looks like no luck on that one though.
  7. dreamweaver Community Manager

Selo will keep it's ruleset until the merge at this time, That is subject to change but shouldn't as far as I am aware.

I am hoping to give you all at least a 30 day notice for when the merge will occur so more than enough time.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Any update on this Dreamweaver?
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

The only way TLP players aren't (likely) unanimously opposed to merge to Live is because we love AOC. The easy solution is to add AOC to Live since it's largely trivial items BUT it is entirely dominated by afk's/bots.

I toyed around on Live and couldn't even do old quests because every classic raid mob is perma farmed. It's nuts really.
    Gherig likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

In the 17 minutes since he posted that comment? Probably not.
  11. Nargoul Journeyman

@Dreamweaver any chance you’ll change how name conflicts are handled?
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Only tagged that comment since he was active like you said within the last 15minutes or so, the question was about truebox on mature TLPs not related to the Selo transfers.
  13. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Thank you Dev team for keeping Selo's roboto free with keeping truebox intact. I speak on behalf of the silent majority when I say we're very happy with how this played out.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm glad to hear you & your imaginary friend are pleased.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

There is no silent majority on selo. Everyone literally knows everyone who logs in at this point.
  16. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Selo's was the first REAL Special Rules Set server to come out since servers like 51/50, Discord or Quarm. Everything since has been pretty cookie cutter and boring. Sure we had a PoPLock server but its just the same as every other TLP, stopped at PoP/LDON.

But Selo's had several changes that where experimental in TLP life. Significantly faster EXP, scaling even faster as it progressed, 30 day expansion unlocks, half lockouts on raids, more faction, more currency, etc etc. This really made the server unique and frankly people raided on the server till just about the last couple expansions, well past where most servers die after PoP; Selo's chugged along happily for months upon months.

There were a few complaints along the way. Some Expansions went too fast, some seemed to drag out. When raid currency became a thing, there wasn't enough currency to support a raid guild to gear up properly in a month, adjustments were made along the way to fix this and more could have been done. Rank III Spells were an issue, and other things you might expect when super accelerating 12 months of content into 30 days.

Selo's 2.0 has to happen. Selo 1.0 by all measures was a great success. The server lasted longer, raided longer and was "Fun" longer then any TLP's since "The Combine". Fippy came close but dropped off a cliff suddenly, no other server really captured attention like Selo did in the Post "The Combine" era.

There is much talk among the players who lasted the longest on Selo's that they would jump right back into a Selo's 2.0 though most expressed desires for a slight change to the rules. 6 week Lockouts for most expansions was the consensus. Combining a few expansions also would make more sense. increasing raid currency a little bit again. Addressing the shortfall of Rank III spells would be good. Maybe setting the base starting EXP slightly higher, maybe 20-25%, and keeping the same exp increase progression as Selo 1.0 with the new base value to work off. Later on leveling should just be a matter of a few days and raiding starts right away, in 3-4 days, since you only have 30 days. I am sure others can think of more suggestions, these are just the ones I see people talking about the most.

Sleo's, without a doubt, made Daybreak money ... Selo's 2.0 would be a fiscally logical choice at this point.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

I guess Phinigel just never existed.
  18. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

He said special server not irrelevant casual server.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Phinigal isn't a Special Rules Set Server -- its the same canned TLP server they have done nearly a dozen times now.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Correct.

Phinigel was the First TLP with Truebox & AoC - Features Selo also had, Phinigel set the parameters for the "standard" TLP not just with its ruleset but also the community requested changes to flagging, keys, raid currency - even the creation of the Vule Instance as it was until very recently ahead of Selo in progression it led the charge on essential changes that will benefit TLP that come after it but also provided a framework for the methodology to employ on servers with non-standard unlock schedules.

Selo had a single USP which was the speed of unlocks, everything else the server had was necessary to facilitate that speed of unlocks being viable, the reasoning that fed into changes for Phinigel was extended logically to Selo to account for its faster schedule.

However some changes were unfortunate in their timing.
    The changes to revert TBM HA scaling are incomplete
    The changes to TBL flagging that were needed were not done in time to benefit Selo or Phinigel.
    Hopefully both of those situations can be rectified in time to benefit Miragul.