Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm guessing that at this point Selo will get Truebox (And AoC/halved unlocks & any other reduced Cooldowns) removed once it reaches live status.
    It should also get F2P enabled, and transfers to it open from live servers, regardless of whether that makes any difference or not to the survival of whatever guild(s) are still playing there by then.
    Once it loses the last remaining raid guild it will likely get merged into Vox like Fippy did over a year after it "died". Same fate likely awaits Phinigel.
  2. Duality Augur

They might as well make it a live server soon, drop true box but keep AoC. And use as a dumping ground for other tlp's (except phinny, they can go to miragul.) Keeping the AoC could serve as a transfer incentive. Bonus rares should stay only if they keep it p2p, but I'd rather see more people running around again.

Or they can push out new expansions every month just for us!
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

The outright refusal to address truebox one way or the other, plus opening transfers off selo effectively killed the server it feels. Faceless is still going as expected but the bazaar has maybe 3 to 5 tops traders that occasionally sell something significant.

Its pretty sad they ignored it. At this point if they just turned it into a live server at least people won't get truebotched.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would love to see Selos/Phinigel keep AoC as a legacy feature for TLP servers but unless the dev team also add it to Live servers as a QoL feature I realistically just don't see this being kept at all, it's just way easier and a lot less work for the devs to turn it off on a TLP that hits live than to add it to the Live Servers.

Like when Miragul hits live status the "start as a heroic character" is also highly likely to be switched off too, imagine it could be a pretty unique feature for a live server to keep that - transfer to Miragul, get your character free Heroic'd then bounce off to some other server - to keep it on Miragul they'd have to stop transfers to it or enable that as an option on every live server too - which might be a great idea AFTER they have level 100 Heroic upgrades on the Marketplace, I just don't see it happening.

New expansions every month - hahahahahahah, good one.
  5. Tweakfour17 Augur

Keep FTP off Selo/Phinny/Miragul and leave them as gold status only servers. People can decide if AoC or "free" heroic is worth the monthly sub vs running 1 sub and 2-5 silver tier boxes.
  6. Duality Augur

If you could transfer from other live servers, then yes. Leave it P2P. I can see people from live paying for transfer + all access just to get a mount. Someone in Scarlet Vengeance on prexus is never not at seru every time it's in window. I've been able to get over 20 mounts on selo, but never bothered there as I generally respect camps, even if its just a monk sitting there for 24 hours every time waiting for pop. I've had to deal with the wrath of people sniping splits from me and follow me around for several months on selo, but at least that was just xp. To have items out there from years ago, never open, is a bit loco.

I don't see them ever widely unlocking AoCs, especially after what they did removing AA time remaining from inventory. If that was causing too much server lag, then I guess the increase of instances would also be.....
  7. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

1 Krono & they've circumvented that gold status required so no way free heroic is gonna stick around on Miragul imho.
    I just can't see these TLP features sticking around, too much hassle/work involved from the devs perspective I reckon and F2P is probably going to make a bit of difference as people can then be using F2P accounts to allow them to box when truebox is removed maybe enabling the server to live a bit longer and the remaining players to do stuff outside raid hours even with low populations .
  8. Pikollo Augur

Keeping Selo features such as AoC, reduced lockout/timers, bonus xp etc. would make Selo the alt server once it hits live. People could make a char on Selo, level it to max in a month then xfer to a server of their choice. While its not a bad idea, and it makes them money on server transfers, its a bad idea for anyone staying on Selo. Generally we do an expac in a month. We'd be waiting for 11 months with nothing to do. Not so bad if you want to play other servers then go back to Selo for new expacs.

Either way I'm not worried about live. Thats the future. I'd personally like Truebox unlocked now while the server still has the tiniest of life on it.
  9. FranktheBank Augur

The server is so small now, they really have no actual argument for keeping truebox. You can find 85% of the server pop online during faceless raid nights.
    There is an internal struggle within DPG about keeping/removing Truebox, but you guys also don't have any data regarding the removal of truebox. So let us be the guinea pig.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

I firmly believe there is almost nothing they can do to further damage Selo population rules-wise. There are a handful of group players and then Faceless. Faceless has always had the goal of staying until Live and it looks like they'll get there. The remaining players probably just don't feel like going to Live but probably are just riding it out.

Basically, it's only uphill for Selo. It's almost as dead as can be and if Faceless stopped raiding tonight, the server population would almost assuredly be sub-50.

Unfortunately, any truebox holdouts probably already left. Removing truebox might bring a few in more subs now, but the server is toast as far as revitalizing it. If it's a Live server with Truebox and AOC it at least will have a draw... but if it just turns into a normal Live server, it's just going to be a normal, dead Live server that nobody will start fresh on -- there are too many better options.
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Pikollo Augur

Wasn't looking to save the server. I figure at this point it does not matter at all if Truebox is removed. But if it is removed it'd make it to some of us can window an account if we want. Removing it won't save the server but it may make the ones that stayed happy.

But as said. There's no consequence for removing it so just do it. Let Selo be the first TLP that has it removed. We can be the guinea pig.
  12. Arctodus Elder

I still do not understand why they cannot release all classes and races at the start of a tlp. Just have the races or classes that do not release until a specific expansion, share a starter zone with those that do at release in classic, kunark, or velious. I really feel bad for the berserkers, by the time GoD comes out most have moved on. Anyways, I would like a TLP that is true box and allows all classes and races at launch. Also, all epics 1.0's to have an AoC attached, so RMT botters cannot roadblock those of us that just want to play and hangout. I would find it as a fun new spin.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Only way we will get all classes unlocked at the start of a TLP is if we get one that starts with everything up to Gates of Discord unlocked, I think its just too much work involved to do it any other way with the tiny team of devs we have now.

For all races & classes combinations to be enabled that would involve everything up to CoTF unlocked since that's when Froglok Monks & Wood Elf Beastlords are allowed.

In my opinion future TLP should lose Truebox restrictions when DoDH unlocks as it was during that expansion when the 1 client per PC restriction for live servers was removed, and they should allow F2P once VoA unlocks as that matches when it was introduced on live servers.

I also think enabling AoC on live servers but only for All-Access accounts (cannot enter AoC instances as F2P/Silver) as a QoL deal would be a good move, that happening is the only way I see the TLP keeping them once they hit live status.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

Thats a great idea on the aoc conundrum. Aoc is simply tied to all access.

I know when I toyed around on live every old raid target was perma farmed and often by an afk toon just sitting there.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, thats probably the best/most realistic scenario, I wonder if the code allows to easily flag AoC DZs or talking to the AoC as prestige so only gold accounts could access
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Nolrog Augur

I am going to guess that they merge Selo (and then Phini) shortly after the servers reach live. But I have not seen anything from any of the Devs on this.
    Skuz likes this.
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Possible, since they now have operational server-merge functionality again.
    I don't expect it will be immediately after they hit live status, I would imagine the likelihood will rise once they are looking at where to get the next server hardware for 2021's TLP server from, consolidating a low-population ex-TLP with a low-population live server would be a solution to that.
  18. Nolrog Augur

That is my assumption as well. Probably let us have some time in Claws of Veeshan so that we can enjoy it without cross contamination of people that have been there for some time (especially in Phini's case). But I do think they will merge after a little time has passed.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. HoodenShuklak Augur

If Faceless leaves the server (which they almost certainly will once they are caught up) Selo will basically be 4 to 5 active players away from Fippydom. We'll be begging for a merger.

Assuming, they just continue to ignore Selo that is...
    Skuz likes this.
  20. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Once Selo is live and it retains its benefits every serious raid guild would be intelligent to move there to take advantage of the bonuses.