Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Anselmo New Member

At no point did I say I WANT Truebox to stick around, just said I would be fine with it staying if they fixed the connection issues it is causing me and others. But lets be honest when it comes to Selo, the server has what, 6-7 months left? They aren't going to do anything about it now, this late in the game.

Quite a few assumptions were made on the replies to my post. I do not use third party programs, they are 3 separate computers, 3 mice, 3 keyboards. Other than setting up several hotkeys on the box toons, they are either standing still or /follow on my main. For most trash fights, each of the 2 box toons have 1-3 hotkeys hit per fight, not exactly key-spamming. Hell, I don't even use custom UI's.

It is cumbersome as all hell, but its working for me. Given the choice though, would love to go back to just playing all 3 on one computer like I would on a normal live server.

I realize that is a rarity these days with so many people blatantly using the program that shall not be named, but I play completely manually.
    Thisthingon? likes this.
  2. Thisthingon? New Member

I'm sure a lot would like to see this on mangler as well, GoD+ seems pointless to have truebox active specially when nothing has been done about the players working around it anyways and its just giving them a major advantage over the honest gamers. Mass boxing with cheats just to sell raid loot daily for krono so they can RMT it (They're getting even more efficient at it with each TLP...hmm), pretty ridiculous. These guys play on multi servers, are all over the forums (gl posting anything they dont agree with, with out getting it trolled) and they even get invited to meetings (like the one in Jan. that Holly got played in because the person "will not name names" who put it together aside from the Daybreak crew invited players who take part in the RMT world, major players in the open world guilds on the TLP's because of how big the market is for the guild leaders that control it after mains get what they need (Red/Green Dragon Scales, BoC's - SoD's 40+krono for example.) and even one was a developer for one of the top cheating programs out there. Anyways a little off topic but tired of seeing cheaters control the course of how the TLP's will be and its the same on WoW classic but maybe that's what these company's are all about now.... Maybe one day we will have a legit server (wishful thinking) I would even pay $50 bucks a month to have a truebox 1-2 acts per house hold--- no krono, no tradeable currency, all items no trade and you have to be in the group/zone when the NPC died to loot a item
    Skuz and Aneuren like this.
  3. Thisthingon? New Member

Mangler too :) and it would be nice to be able to move chars on other acts again but I think they stopped that because of people moving chars and selling them or something but maybe they could just not allow them to move to newer acts?
    Skuz likes this.
  4. KimchiGoddess Augur

I'm not sure if that's actually the reason they stopped. You can still server transfer they just don't have account transfers. As recently as last year I believe they made a statement about looking into it. The ongoing joke has been that they fired the one guy that knew how to do it and now they had no one that could make account transfers happen.

In some other stuff I've read from posts by actual employees and maybe JChan, though I'm not sure her specifically there seems to be some change in the way the character files are either stored or the type of file itself. I remember something about they were (or maybe are?) flat and there'd been some kind of change. I'm sure someone that remembers it better than I will correct me ;p
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

From my understanding Server transfers were able to be automated by way of a script.

Account to account transfers didn't have a script, you went through Customer Service & they had someone manually do all the necessary steps for you, at least that was how I recall it when I account to account transferred years ago.

With all the staff losses & company reshuffles that have taken place since either there is nobody that knows how to do that process anymore or even if they did they don't have the people or time required.

Also writing a script for it may be problematic & would potentially create more work than it saved & make it economically not viable.

Also of course they could simply have decided to not do them & will not offer that service ever again due to character selling by players & the hassles that may have given them in the process, or some other justification that they haven't made public, or with all the new systems like housing & overseer there's just too many things that can go wrong now & it would risk losing the whole character file maybe.

Basically all reasons are speculative right now since we don't have any facts beyond knowing it has not being available for a long time.
  6. Duality Augur

Hope we hear something soon. I've got 4 accounts in limbo that will likely stay that way if TB sticks around. There is only 4 or 5 more expansions until we need to start buying expansions again to stay current. I'm definitely not doing that for 24 accounts. How many I guess depends on how many I can log on at once!~

CoTF is already a "lite" xpac with half the number of AA points that we had with RoF, so it's a great time for people to catch up.. Again. While it's not the best time for true-box to come off, it's still a great time. :D
  7. FranktheBank Augur

Throughout the Selo timeline, I have fluctuated between 2-4 accts up until recently. I've decided I'm going to go down to 2, dropping my bazaar dude entirely because I really don't care about earning krono past what I have. It is also very annoying to box more than 2 for me, because the 3rd box (a crappy laptop) fails at auto following.

Having said that, I was talking with a few friends on 'what if' truebox was dropped and 'what if' I used Macaroni Quest or [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] to more easily play my 3-4 box. Honestly, there is absolutely no meaningful content that I cannot currently do with truebox that I would be able to do without truebox. All it does is allow a big QoL increase and increase the odds I resub my dps account.
    Duality likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Most content is doable with 2 Characters + 2 Mercenaries, assuming among those 2 characters you have a plate tank (ideally raid geared) and either a CC class or a priest class.

However there are still certain conquest achievements and a few missions that such a duo likely cannot defeat. As you get through more content, these achievements and missions will be required for Heroic AAs or useful items.

Selos is in CotF tomorrow? You're likely about to run into 1 or 2 missions where you won't be able to complete everything with just two characters. The Fall of Bayle mission with the conquest achievements is a good example. I would be very impressed if a 2 box + 2 mercs completes all 3 achievements there.

TDS likely you can get through everything and in TBM you will likely need help for most of the Anashti Sul achievements which unlock not just Heroic AAs but also an aug you will use for the next 4-5 expansions.

The biggest argument for removing Truebox in later eras is to emulate the later eras we are experiencing. By CoTF we had free to play enabled, heroic characters available and many people boxed. There is no reason to continue limiting the servers to Truebox at that point. It could certainly be removed earlier but there is no reason to have it persist beyond that point.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Dreamweaver is trying his best to get this "truebox removal on older TLP servers" issue looked at this year but there's a good chance that the dev team won't be able to dedicate any dev time to it until January, presumably because they are pretty much putting-their-nose-to-the-grindstone on getting the next expansion done & out the door.
  10. Auesheet Lorekeeper

It'll be too late.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Agreed.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

For Phinny and Selo which is sad since they deserve some action on this also (as well as the flagging issues in the other thread). There are other mature servers that won't be live come January as well as a fistful of others slowly getting older. It'd be great if they could dedicate enough resources so all servers benefit but at this point Phinny having it harder and paving the way for those who follow behind shouldn't be a big surprise either
  13. Pappasalt Augur

Got it, so essentially the company is shutdown until January.

Nothing more than a server hosting company at this point lol...

Act now and get 50% off your first server purchase using coupon code "smedbucks" at checkout!

Im not sure at this point if I'll even make it to live, don't feel like they're very deserving of my money to buy expansions needed.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I doubt you're the only one thinking that way either.
  15. Pappasalt Augur

This company has somehow kept a 20+ year track record of not being very smart at making money.

I understand they're short staffed atm due to Prathun leaving etc. however you'd think they'd put a lot of their resources into ensuring the community that is coming up in the tlps would purchase their most recent expansion as that would take less input and make similar revenue to releasing a new expansion itself. Similar to how overseer was making them a ton initially then they quickly changed it and made it almost useless lol. Don't understand their decisions and hatred for revenue.
  16. Accipiter Old Timer

Uh... your wording implies that Dreamweaver agrees with removing TrueBox and is promoting it with the bosses. I don't think that's the case. I read it more like, "I"ll ask." /shrug
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

erm, no?

I am completely at a loss as to how you arrived at such a conclusion....all I said was he is trying to get the devs to look at the issue before the end of the year, no implication about what Dreamweaver thinks about the idea is remotely alluded to there.

Go home Accipiter, you're drunk (maybe).
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Fingers crossed for August patch notes to include
    ================
    Progression Servers
    ================
    -Truebox Servers unlocking Depths of Darkhollow will have the truebox flagged removed

won't happen but a guy can dream
    Aneuren and Skuz like this.
  19. That0neguy Augur

That's some really wishful thinking.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

I know. but also...thread was started in June, and it's not the first time this has been brought up. Not 100% sure when Dreamweaver became aware and started to talk with the devs (or if it;s even been brought up to them yet) but there is always the possibility that a couple meetings have been had and they just need to find the time to disable it I guess. Flagging issues were pushed to January but hopefully not EVERYTHING is being pushed to January except this year's expac, some stuff can/should still be worked on for TLP.