Selo Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Pappasalt Augur

2. Machen New Member

Which progression server was that?
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Duality Augur

Well, Brekt.. But it was more like a time-evaded server. While I'm hopeful for a FV merge at the end of our road, It might be better to just have a "new" one dedicated for tlps to go to. Might be a good discussion for later in the year. I think it was december or jan when people are going to have to start paying for xpacs on selo. Can only imagine how that's gonna look. At least it will be without true box inshallah.
  4. Machen New Member

Brekt was not a progression server. And it never "reached" live. No TLP has ever actually reached live, although Combine came close. Saying that of course they will automatically merge to live just like last time is overstepping the situation quite a bit when there is no last time.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Anselmo New Member

Honestly I would be fine with Truebox sticking around until we are merged into a live server IF they could solve the random disconnects due to truebox coding.

For example, I play with dual PCs and a laptop. Whenever I have toons on the PCs in the same zone in older expansions, they both will get booted to character select within 60 seconds, like clockwork. I've come to the conclusion that this is tied somehow to the flagging requirements being removed once the content is old enough. I used to 3box in PoP, OoW, etc without any issues when it was current content, now when I go anywhere there with both toons, 60-second timer starts, have to get one toon out of the zone before that timer trips or poof, both go down. Oddly enough, it never happens on the laptop, so I have to think it is related to how it is reading the IP address of the PCs.

This also happens randomly in instanced content of any era, but hits all 3 of my boxes. Not positive if this one is truebox related, but has only ever been an issue for me on Selo. It is always an instant kick, no deaths, and always to character select where I can immediately load back in on all 3. Not the end of the world, but certainly annoying when you're in the middle of a boss fight and are going to load back in on a quite unsafe spot, stabilize, and start the fight over.

-Anselmo Anathema
  6. Pikollo Augur

Not sure I am following this. You have issues on Selo which you believe are truebox related but you want truebox to stick around? I've personally never run in to this problem using 3 boxes. I've never had a character booted to character select (if I get booted its to server or EQ shuts down but its rare). My guess would be you got funky network settings and IF truebox is kicking you then its a your setting thing not a fault of truebox. Maybe the PC's are sharing a connection? But I still don't understand why you'd want truebox to stick around if its booting your chars.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. KimchiGoddess Augur

I have played 2-3 boxes since Agnarr and have never experienced the issues you've stated. If all your toons are spamming the same hotkeys you're gonna be kicked out of the game. I don't have third party programs running on truebox. I hit all keys myself and make an effort to make sure they're not all hitting 1 at the same time. Zero issues. Zero disconnects.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Gorg00 Augur

I was bored earlier and was looking into what happened with the Combine. Best I can tell they hit SoF at the same time as SoF was the current live expansion, but they did not beat SoF before Seeds of Destruction came out. From what I can piece together, RoI made a post on their site on oct 18th, 2008, saying they were working on Meldrath's Mansion, and that SOE has decided they were now a live server. On Oct 21, 2008 SoD was released, and as best as I can tell, they got SoD on the 21st, certainly from their site they were working on SoD progression before they managed to beat Kerafyrm for the first time.

Some additional forum comments suggest that once SOE announced that Combine was going to become a live server, server population plummeted and it was basically just RoI left on the server, and even RoI was raiding with 40 or less people.

They then beat Kerafyrm on Dec 19th, 2008, and in the announcement of that post, said that right after they beat Kera, SOE announced they would be merging into Druzzil Ro on Jan 21, 2009.

So tl;dr, Combine caught up to live in SoF and became a live server, never beat SoF before SoD was released and since they were a live server, they got SoD along with everyone else. Becoming a live server killed the server population, and thus SOE decided to merge Combine into Druzzil Ro.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

tip 1 - Don't use 3rd party
    tip 2 - Assign box macros to different keyboard keys

Box 1 - press 1 / 2/ 3 for assist/slow/dps etc
    Box 2 - press 4 / 5 / 6 for assist / nuke / ae mezz etc
    Box 3 - press 7 / 8/ 9 etc. etc.

I almost never dc due to truebox using this workaround.

Spamming the same key on all 3 pc keyboards will almost guarantee you dc on all 3 at the same time.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

They'll never fix it. Just use a VPN. Problem solved.
  11. Accipiter Old Timer

A few of use are blessed with specific TrueBox disconnect problems that others don't have. We're a very small minority but it's a very real problem.

Edit: No key spamming, no third party software running.
    Edit 2: Proof -
  12. Duality Augur

I've seen that when I would box and have everyone mostly stationary where it would crash as soon as I moved my puller away. It also happened more frequent when there were multiple boxers in the zone. I haven't had any disconnects since I started to just roam. It drops the pull time + I use at least one pet class that can kill while I move to the next. You shouldn't have to do that though. It's obvious your not even using grey area 3rd party software. It could be macro timing too. One of the previous macros you just hit could be starting a spell as soon as the button you just pressed that crashes you. I think all of us true boxers can agree that the disconnect code is a bit over tuned.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Hmmmm, interesting. I definitely set up and pull to my group.
  14. Rage Lorekeeper

That was my recollection of what happened. I can't imagine Selo will have much of a population after hitting live, most of the people are there for the fast content releases. So I think it's likely they'll just merge Selo to another server. I suppose they could try to merge Phinny and Selo, not sure if Phinny will hold much population after hitting live or not. I would guess they'd rather bolster the population of the lower pop live servers though.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

Honestly what is the downside to merging selo with another server at that point?

There is no doubt many will quit, and we're talking about a population that fields 2 raiding guilds, both are est. There just isn't much left to draw in New blood and prevent another fippy slow death situation.

Would aoc be enough? I don't know if it is enough to overcome fv or just another tip with more players.

Maybe selo becomes a tlp dumping ground where all tlps go to die... I mean merge at live.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Well, Selo could have Phinny merge into it only a few months after hitting live & Miragul is some 3 months behind Phinny so there's another one, but even those 3 combined the server would still be small.

I expect they'll pick a live server to dump all 3 into at the same time once Miragul hits live.

Being an EU player though I will likely just quit EQ at that point, I can't see them offering us a free transfer off to AB.
  17. That0neguy Augur

Might as well just beat em to the punch.

"sorry we have no available resources to do anything, better luck next year." -Management, 2k20
    Skuz likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yeah, their response to the phinny/Selo flagging concerns doesn't give me warm fuzxies. Especially since apparently true box isn't a simple flag somewhere in the server settings.
    Skuz likes this.
  19. Pikollo Augur

Still don't understand why you want to keep truebox active if truebox is the cause of your 5 box disconnects. Or is it as Gorg state that you have less competition because you play more chars?
  20. Darkhain Elder

Yeah, the only reason I see people defending Truebox for advanced TLP servers, is they don't people to be able to do the same, while they have invested for more PCs to be able to do it. Selfish, but it's the nature of humans.
    So apart from that, there absolutely no reason, to not remove Truebox from Coirnav, Phiny and Selos. DPG, will get more subscription (or kronos consumed) by doing so. It will also help people, to be able to get more group going out (everyone has different playstyle). And might attracts new or old players to come play again on those servers (I know some folks that would).