Selo Refugee: Questions About Mangler.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rotlust, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Rotlust Augur

So, after this much time I've come to the conclusion that Selo, while extremely fun, is simply not compatible with >MY< life. Even with the greatly increased EXP, monthly unlocks are going to mean the poor house and a divorce for me (unless I choose to play a class I do not enjoy and jump in on AA groups).

That said, how is the grouping/raiding scene on Mangler? How long could one realistically expect to be 50 without boxing on a five/eight hour a day schedule as a necro (I've always been a part of static groups in higher end guilds so doing it the old fashioned way will be new)?

Finally, is any raiding guild recruiting a very knowledgeable and practiced necromancer?
  2. Rotlust Augur

Also, who are the "batphone guilds" on Mangler?
  3. Nykara2 Elder

If you have 5 to 8hrs of play per day then level 50 in 2 months is definitely doable. I play roughly 2 to 3hrs per day and hit 34 last night. Sometimes get to play a little more. Thats been mostly solo or trio(playing with hubby and his mate when they are on).
    If I can do it on my druid you can do it on a necro!
  4. Ceffener Augur

There are no batphone guilds.

Level 50 was around 48 hours with 50% bonus and using potions...so obviously longer than that.
  5. Rotlust Augur

So people just knock out open targets as they come up? Nobody has a corner on them like faceless or RI etc?
  6. Protagonist Tank

Everyone who cares that hard went to Selo. Mangler is just playing video games.
    tofu stir fry and squidgod like this.
  7. Rotlust Augur

that sounds refreshing. Are pugs still fairly easy to find?
  8. Fizon Augur

Word is Relentless Incompetence is RI and isn't a mock guild like I had thought and will start raiding soon.
  9. Protagonist Tank

Yes, for all levels and TZ except lowbie Australasians. It's a bit quiet in that level bracket for that TZ.
  10. Machentoo Augur

There are no knowledgeable and practiced necromancers on Mangler. At this point, if you are a knowledgeable and practiced Necromancer, you are playing a different class because you have long ago realized that Necromancer is trash on the TLP's in almost every era.
  11. Rotlust Augur

If you think necros are bad in the trilogy, you know horrible necros or you are just dumb. If you don't see a pile of necros among your top dps in classic, you should find new necros.
  12. Random newb Augur

Don't let him get you down, not everyone appreciates how important casting twitch is.
  13. Rotlust Augur

Mind wrack, too. I love it when baddies from zerg guilds act like they know things.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

When I've wanted groups as a mid-teens Druid on Mangler I haven't had much trouble passively throwing up the LFG flag and waiting to be contacted while doing some soloing or farming tradeskill mats or whatever. Usually hear something within an hour, so it doesn't feel like I'm losing a lot of limited playtime or that I can't get some side stuff accomplished while I wait.

Could probably get groups faster if I actively looked or put one together myself, I just haven't had that need yet.

MMV for other classes of course. The same problems with certain classes being more desirable than others in groups still exist.
  15. Xeris Augur

I was a to get top 3 on dps pretty consistently from Kunark through Luclin as a necro. If you are actually good about dot uptime, it's super easy.

Atm there is no bat phone build, but RI supposedly will look to take that spot. The guild I'm in, Planar Expedition is comprised of former p99/Triton/Faceless vets. Most of the 'big' guilds on the server have hundreds of members- we're committed to keeping a small raid force. Currently raiding with 35 people. If you want skilled folks we may be a good fit!
  16. Tserothen Journeyman

Calling someone elses guild a zerg guild lmao. Pot meet kettle.
  17. Lumiens Augur

What time and days do you raid? I thought it was mostly an Oceanic guild?
  18. Xeris Augur

No, not at all. We raid Tues/Thurs/Sunday 8pm est.