[Selo] Ranger or Beastlord for PoP and beyond?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Jzendo, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Jzendo New Member

Hi all,

I came back for Selo server bc I never got to experience the expansions past velious/luclin first time around. Dropped a couple of krono and have geared up a beastlord and ranger decently well (fungi, RBG). I’ve leveled them both into the mid-40s and want to figure out which one will serve me best for PoP, GoD, OoW, TSS (basically for content lvls 50-75.

I probably solo more than most bc don’t always have the hours to commit to grouping. From what I understand ranger solo drops off after animals get too high lvl to fear kite when mobs are lvl 53 or higher. Is bow kiting a viable way to solo past this point? BSTs I think can grind out more solo content and do nameds, but the lack of CC on them has been kinda rough. Do they eventually get tools like snare/better slows? Which class do y’all feel is overall stronger for these level ranges?

Thanks very much!
  2. Annastasya Augur

Not sure what the rules on Selo's will be since i don't dabble in the progression servers, however, both Ranger and Beastlord are a decent choice for a "mostly" solo/molo-able class deep into the game. Fear kiting animals seems pretty terrible. Once you have snare and find outdoor mobs that don't summon you can Bow kite instead, quite reliably, on your ranger from around 50-75. (At least to this range, probably higher, i've only done it myself into the mid 70s)

Beastlords + Pet are probably a bit more durable overall, but Rangers get plenty of "2nd tier tank" abilities and spells and better short term DPS when unsupported. Just my opinion though. I'm a cleric main with alts of both classes lovingly dawdled into the 70s range over many years.
  3. AJNoctis New Member

Beastlords dont get double attack until GoD, but solo at a good pace cause their pet does a good amount of dps. + They get better heals and a slow which makes them able to kill named. The pets also get a snare proc you can throw on em to snare~

Rangers get cucked when you snare/root a mob on double bow damage it takes awhile to solo.
    Fluid likes this.
  4. Fluid Augur

AJ has it cornered. Solo Ranger due to changes in the experience granted can be slow and tedious. The trade off is you can pretty much kill anything on the way up.

It does get better @59 and up with AAs, the use of Mercs, with better bows in later expansions, and either fetching skill or a Magician to summon you arrows. New school rules on an old school server seems a bit harsh.

[IMG]