Selo and Mangler Progression Servers - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. practicalnurse Lorekeeper

2. Qucian New Member

Thanks for keeping us informed regularly. The worst thing in situations like this is dead air. Even just an update saying we're still reviewing it is 1000x better than just silence IMO. Appreciate it.
    Jedipokey, Pirlo and Jadefox like this.
  3. Sethiroth Augur

That’s why people play TLPs, and that’s why an “ultra casual” server needs to have fast exp and slow unlocks, so the casual people it’s aimed at have the ability to catch up and not be behind the curve.
    internalprime8 likes this.
  4. Tymeless Augur

Mepps thanks for letting us know that its still under review its much appreciated. However, please let us know what is going on soon at least to some degree. I got myself and a group of friends that are waiting to know what's going on and it will greatly impact our future in the game. We need to know what's going on so we can recruit people to our cause or decide to move on altogether.
  5. Evade Augur

Hi Mepps, have you reviewed this thread?

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...asual-players-want.254674/page-4#post-3749674

I think it's been made pretty clear what casual players want from a server dedicated to casual play.

They want to start in classic.
    They want to have a longer expansion schedule from 3 months to a year
    They want truebox (1 computer 1 account)
    They want fast exp
    They want more rare spawns and they want more rare loot drops.
    Elijah’ and Harris77 like this.
  6. Tymeless Augur

AoC's are a must
    Jedipokey likes this.
  7. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

Many of us also want a Free Trade ruleset on a TLP. I'm fine with Truebox, but in order to get my interest I really want free trade please. Thanks!
    chumpy likes this.
  8. xmPradah Not a dude

My casual server looks like this:

Starts in Classic
    3 month unlocks
    NOT truebox
    Medium xp
    AoC: true

Why boxing for a "casual" player? I don't have time to find groups...my husband and I make our own group of 6. Yes, 6. Not 18, not 40. I work and travel, so I don't have the luxury of always being home when I play, and I can't afford (nor have room for) numerous computers. We move around and play the game, we aren't farming krono (sorry, I don't even understand how krono is farmed) and we're not disrupting others. We simply want to be able to get our own epics, get decent gear for ourselves, and adventure while not having to rely on others to do so.

I'm not 23 anymore... I don't come home from work and login for 6-7 hours every night and play all weekend. When I play during the week, I *maybe* get 2 hours a couple evenings each week. Weekends, it's pretty iffy.

I so want to start on a Classic TLP and relive those first couple years of EQ - but I need to be able to run my own group to do it.

FWIW, we currently do this on live and pace our own expansion releases - and that's where we will stay if a TLP isn't opened with boxing. I know my extra subs don't mean anything to DBG, so I'm not going to wave idle threats of cancelling (we only have two lifetime memberships atm), but we would happily re-sub another 4-6 accounts if we could box on a Classic TLP.

Just a question... rather than the "all or nothing" in regard to boxing: isn't there a way to throttle/limit connections per IP?
  9. Sethiroth Augur

A no Truebox server will just be rampant with box armies.
  10. xmPradah Not a dude

I'm willing to take that risk, and tolerate the outcome.
  11. Sethiroth Augur

Many aren’t. For many it’s a deal breaker.
  12. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

I also am a boxer and relate to xmPradah - but I also see the argument to prevent box armies. That's why my "must have" is a Free Trade server - so at least I have a shot at gear even if I'm just one toon and can't maximize my potential by boxing a group of 4-6 toons. I guess we all have our must haves.
    chumpy likes this.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

Those people would still have another option, whereas those of us who wish to legitimately box, in a community friendly way, do not.
    A truebox server is a deal breaker for many, too. I'm not sure why, if they are opening two servers, both groups couldn't be accommodated?

Let those who want to truebox, do so.
    Let those who want to box, do so.

There's no reason to exclude either group in favor of the other. People are already boxing where/when they aren't supposed to - give them someplace where it's welcomed.

Of all the rulesets, this is the only one that keeps me from playing on either TLP.
    The alternative is for DBG to somehow limit the number of connections coming from one IP or computer to say, 3 or 4. This would prevent most boxing issues, relieve truebox frustration for those of us who play only a few characters for adventure purposes, and shouldn't interfere with those who don't box at all... at least not any more so than it does today.

(Edited to remove redundancy)
  14. Nicolos Journeyman

I like the original server idea of Selos truthfully. The fast unlocks would allow me to see much of the content I missed out on after leaving during OoW in a semi decent timeframe. If the unlocks are 3 months apart I simply won’t even bother as it would take the better part of a decade to finish which just isn’t feasible. I would be on board with 6 weeks instead of 4 but 2 months or more is just too slow. Many that are suggesting it seem to be forgetting just how hard the current servers drop off about 1.5 months in. Most guilds rush the content and are done in a month anyway.

For me, the original pitch was just about spot on.

Selos should be fast exp and fast unlocks (4-6 weeks).
    Mangler should be slow exp and 3 month unlocks.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Sethiroth Augur

The problem there is, they have already labelled those two servers hard core and casual, which server do you add none true box to? Because either way, you’re gonna kill off a lot of interest from either side.

For the record, I like the idea of limiting the accounts per machine rather than just one per. I myself two box and have 3 accounts I like to play when I sub, but I get the feeling DB can’t or won’t do this regardless.
    Nightmares likes this.
  16. xmPradah Not a dude

I really wish I had the time to just play one character at a time like I used to - to find groups and make new friends. I loved the social aspect of the game when I started playing in 1999... but, I don't have room or time in my life to waste LFG and waiting for groups/guilds to get ready to go get someone that epic piece, or armor. It's more efficient to just do it ourselves, and honestly... more fun sometimes. At least now, if I let my friend or husband die because I decided to go afk or was focusing on my Rogue a little too much, rather than the cleric... they tease me and we laugh it off/just start again. I don't have to worry about screwing up with strangers or ruining the experience for others.

As a player, I've evolved. I'm glad there's a still a large player base that enjoys trueboxing and is able to establish and maintain the social aspect of the game... it's just not for me anymore.

I won't be heartbroken if neither of these servers allow boxing, but it will probably prevent us from investing any time there. Boxing, I can keep up. Truebox, I can't
  17. xmPradah Not a dude

I can handle any other ruleset on a server that allows boxing. Rather than completely eliminate boxing, is there not a way to LIMIT it? I think a casual boxing limitation would address the box armies, and therefore keep those who favor truebox happy.
  18. Dagenfehl Journeyman

FV Rules.
    Boxing.
    2-3 Month unlock.

Let's do it, DBG.
    Kruggan_Darkblood likes this.
  19. xmPradah Not a dude

Minus the whole RP thing... please?
  20. narksar Augur

Still waiting for full original EQ server. Your concerns about all servers having the same zones, not withstanding, Original Nektulos, Original Freeport, Original West and East Commonlands, Original Oasis, etc. Original UI (at least for the first so many levels). Original experience modifiers, original experience rates.

P99 is NOT a substitute for that. I know, I've tried it.

Not to mention, by their own admission, P99 scans your computer in the background in ways that discomfort me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.