Selo and Mangler Progression Servers - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holyreptar New Member

Start in in Kunark and you got me!
  2. Zansobar Augur

I would second this but they also need to get rid of the keying needed for raiding...no way on earth am I doing that again, especially on a casual server.
  3. SaltyHype New Member

Honestly, this is pretty much exactly what I'd want too. Something with rather quick leveling, but slow enough progression to experience the content. Considering this is a celebration of 20-years of EQ it just seems right to start at Classic and move on from there. Anyone still playing EQ after all these years are probably going to be reasonably competent players, it is just that a lot of us have more complexity to our lives now which makes fast progression seem like an unwise decision. It would be nice to be able to get to the point where one could raid casually for a bit between expansions and relive the content.
  4. Vian New Member

FV Rules.
    Boxing.
    2-3 Month unlock.

Let's do it, DBG.

YESSS
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous and Zephiron like this.
  5. Zephiron Elder

This for casual true box style.
  6. rippah30 Lorekeeper

7. Jedipokey The Devs have become better at Apathy! (380)

Developer update!

8. Tymeless Augur

seriously what's taking so long. I would like to know what my plans are on the 16th and beyond.
  9. Holyreptar New Member

Just bumping because I am waiting for an update. My gf and I are hoping they fix it so we can play.
  10. Vdarion New Member

11. Sakuraba Augur

So....any news on some backroom discussions to make Selo's not suck?

I don't mean to be rude, but it's like someone sat down and made the Casual server for Hardcore Raiders and the Hardcore server for Casuals, but then for w/e reason pasted the wrong EXP rates onto each.

1 mo. and starting from the raid heavy Luclin is not a casual experience.

2-3 mo. and starting from the first Expac is.
  12. Xent New Member

The fix for these seems so simple. After reading 100000 posts you just.
    This feels redundant but also correct.

Seleo - extend the xpac release schedule to a typical 3 months. Start in Classic.
    Casual players want to hit the ceiling without being hardcore raiders or they get discouraged AF

Mangler - reduce the xpac release schedule. - Start classic - 2 weeks later release Kunark. Then go to a 1 month release between xpacs from there.
    Hardcore players need to barely touch the ceiling and then have It raised quickly or they get bored AF.
    Holyreptar likes this.
  13. Rydir23 New Member

I myself would like to see the expansions open up a little slower on Selo’s but prefer to start at Luclin due to wanting to play the beastlord class. I really don’t want to waste months waiting for that class to become available.

Plus starting off at Luclin is something different from most of the other classic servers. Plenty of leveling spots and raid targets as the leveling picks up.
    Sethiroth likes this.
  14. Sethiroth Augur

L
    Luclin has plenty of group content, plus lots of QoL improvements that are perfect for casual play such as mounts, the bazaar and wizard spires, though a couldn’t agree more regards the lockout timer
  15. Sakuraba Augur

Aye, true. Plus it's always been a thing that Classic and Kunark mobs have less hp than Luclin, so peeps would probably still prefer leveling in those zones anyways.

Beastlord is a bonus for those who like it too I suppose. xD
  16. Sethiroth Augur

Beast lords tend to be popular, yes.

As for exping in classic zones, people still can but with zones like Paludal caverns, I’m pretty sure Not many are gonna level solely through classic zones
  17. Bheria New Member

It's a shame they couldn't allow bsts/zerks to start playing in classic along with the different race/class combos.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.