Selo and Mangler Progression Servers - Coming March 16, 2019!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxxlyy Augur

Next month, EverQuest will turn 20 years old. Together, we've shared 20 rich years of magical moments and created countless memories in Norrath.

Of course, we're excited to keep creating this magic with all of you. Beginning on EverQuest's 20th Anniversary, we will have the chance to start together in Norrath once again, on the new Progression Servers Selo and Mangler. These True Box Progression Servers will launch on Saturday, March 16, 2019 for EverQuest's 20th Anniversary!

What is a True Box Progression Server?
    An EverQuest Progression Server is a way to experience EverQuest as it grew over time. It begins with access to only the original zones that were available at a specific point in the game’s history, then gradually adds expansions at varying intervals specific to the rules of the server. On a True Box server, each player will only be able to play on one EverQuest account from their computer. We want to encourage players to play with their friends on this server, and not just form groups of only their alts. If people are truly wanting to multi-box, they’ll have to do it the old-fashioned way - with a whole lot of computers!

Selo Progression Server
    [IMG]
    The Selo Server will be a "fast" or "casual" Progression Server. This means that gaining experience will be much easier, with experience nearly double that of Ragefire or Lockjaw when the server launches. Additionally, instances can be reused more often, rares are more likely to spawn, and faction is earned more quickly.
    This server will start during the Shadows of Luclin era, and will unlock new expansions on the first Wednesday of each month, starting with The Planes of Power on May 1, 2019. Once the server catches up to the present era, it will become a Live server.
    For more detailed information on Selo, you can read the server FAQ here.

Mangler Progression Server
    [IMG]
    The Mangler Progression Server will be a more hardcore server that is tuned to feel similar to the original EverQuest launch - perfect for those who are looking for a challenge. Experience rates will be slightly lower than those on other Progression Servers, and players will lose more experience on death.
    Unlocks will initially happen every 12 weeks, but after Gates of Discord unlocks, expansions that do not include a level cap increase will remain current for just 8 weeks before the next unlock. If an expansion does include a level cap increase, it will last for a full 12 weeks before the next expansion is released.
    For more details on Mangler, you can check out the server FAQ here.

Like other Progression and special ruleset servers, you must have an All Access Membership to play on either of these servers. In addition to letting you join the server, All Access Memberships include other great benefits, like 10% off most Marketplace purchases, and a claimable 500 DBC grant each month! For more details and to sign up for membership, you can visit the Membership page here.

Whether you're gearing up for a challenge, or just looking to enjoy the adventure again, we can't wait to see you on Saturday, March 16, 2019!
    Gwar likes this.
  2. Prolog New Member

Selos directed towards a player looking for a Live EQ experience and it will take 2 years or so to catch up. Mangler is about as close to P99 as DayBreak Games will get. The lack of focus until Luclin will keep me away. I was hoping that there would be corpse runs! At this point, I will stay on Coirnav.
  3. modsiw Augur

Casual is raiding twice as frequently with only a third of the typical time to complete content?

Good job Daybreak. Well done.
  4. Lucarius New Member

I was tempted by the casual server, since I don't have much time to play....but honestly...Selos is anything but casual.
    Yes, you get there faster BUT:
    -I'd never get to max level before next expansion was released...not sure what I'd call a "casual player" would make that.
    -shorter lockout times don't apply to casual players - it will only give more dedicated players an even greater edge

Daybreak, you got snake eyes
  5. Vengaz New Member

Messy. Flip the unlocks on Mangler and Selos and then they will be fixed.
    Jobob, Sethiroth and Barton like this.
  6. Hawer Lorekeeper

Yeah who knew that Coirnav/Phinny were the "Super Ultra Casual" servers. I assumed "Ultra casual" would mean less play time required to keep pace, I guess not. Total miss.
  7. Tymeless Augur

Selo’s is not casual. What the hell. If I decided to move to the server I wanted something I would have time to actually enjoy the content and not race to finish. This is a major miss dbg. I suggest you rethink the unlock rate on this server. Maybe actually reach out to the community and see what we actually want. This server will flame and die.
  8. Kruggan_Darkblood Lorekeeper

I rarely chime in on things like this, but I'm literally laughing at how badly you guys must not understand the definition of Casual. Others have also said it, but it doesn't mean True Box with fast unlocks and No-Drop items. Please tell me how that makes it any easier to catch up with the elites or maintain pace with a guild as a casual player? Clearly you've missed the boat. Why don't you address the root cause of why people box in the first place? Can't you understand why Firiona Vie is one of the most (if not the most) popular server there is? Because casuals like me can actually get gear without raiding. I was seriously looking forward to seeing this announcement, and frankly I couldn't be more disappointed.
  9. Feradach Augur

Yep. Huge swing and miss here. At a minimum, set the unlocks on Selo to the same schedule as Mangler. Faster unlocks != casual.
  10. taliefer Augur

11. Coirnav Augur

This is such an unfortunate turn of events. This is a total missed opportunity for EverQuest.
    Kattnez and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Warzon Elder

Well it is clear to me now that everyone who boxes needs to start whining on the forums. Let's really put our back into it guys. Constant whinging is what it will take. Lets insist on an Everbox server, where you must have at least three characters logged in to play. After all, forcing others to play the way you like to play is Righteous.

DBG, if you like money! boxing allowed, AoC, FV rules server, with pickzones, TLP. Stop being obtuse.
    anvil and Beebles like this.
  13. Phillee New Member

14. Lucarius New Member

Haven't seen people complain about TrueBox yet....except maybe you...your post is confusing
    Koggar.Bertoxxulous likes this.
  15. Alask New Member

Boxers and Merc's ruin servers, the last part of your message AoC, FV rules, pickzones I like :).
    Kattnez and Koggar.Bertoxxulous like this.
  16. Kensia New Member

Totally agree with this. Very disappointed
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Have to know are these server announcements an early April Fools joke, and you are saving the actual announcement for Feb 16th; you guys are aren't ya. There is no way you could have thought these servers were a good idea, and that there would be anyone actually excited for them. You do realize there is no way Casuals will be able to keep up on Selos; unless you consider keeping up as just hitting level cap and not actually doing any raids. You would have been better off making the "Ultra Casual" server as a Phinny clone with FFA Full loot PVP enabled; at least that would be a bit closer to the "Ultra Casual" mark than the idiocy you put out there as "casual".
  18. Groans Augur

Totally agree, epic fail on their part.
  19. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Selo Server = Take my money now My only regret is I did not buy the Lifetime Pass, had I known this was coming I would have bought 2 of them instantly. I will definitely be pay and playing Selo server and Streaming it on my channel for certain.
  20. Mags New Member

Fix release time from 1 month to 3 months and we have a winner (for Selo). All the other stuff is good, especially not starting out in Classic again.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.