Selo 2.0

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Hateseeker, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Rothj Augur

Selos was fun in the opening month - I played there, got to 60, raided a bit and left. I loved it. I intended to raid in pop but I just didn't and haven't played since then. For me I want a new selos for a non classic level 60 expansion start. I just don't really like pre kunark eq a lot and I think it's super fun leveling in kunark, velious, and luclin zones while having the bazaar available in a new economy.

I think a pop start would kill a lot of the fun of leveling in a fresh server. You would basically be able to fast travel everywhere to the best zones. I feel like pop is a good raiding edition to the game but I don't really want pok in while leveling.
  2. Machen New Member

So you dabbled for a month on selos, couldn't keep up, and want them to make a new selos which you will almost certainly quit after a month. Got it.

Edit -- not criticizing you, I did the same thing. Just the ruleset. It isn't as great as you think, it's a recipe for burnout.
    Aneuren likes this.
  3. Rothj Augur

I don't necessarily think another selos would be good for the game or make it long term. In the first reply I stated I thought the server would have a 1-2 month lifespan no matter what. That doesn't mean it wasn't fun for that first month, and I'd still play on it. I also kept up fine I just didn't feel like raiding throughout the week at that point in time.

edit: this is what you do with selos - make the server with the characters predetermined to merge into live, and just reset it. You can literally pick any live server and dbg can just /copy or whatever they need to do to move all the character data, then wipe it clean. You could also just do a selosA every 12 months(which also gets merged into live in the same way) and wipe the server clean on a fixed date every year and let it run the first 12 expansions.
  4. Rothj Augur

also manipulate the ldon/ykesha lockouts or whatever so that the 12th expansion is a good one and give people some sort of reward for completing it. A selos season 1 achievement, a mount, a free bag on the reset server, idk. It would work though for sure.
  5. Rothj Augur

or better yet give people a krono or something if they killed all 12 final bosses on the server or like 10/12.
  6. Machen New Member

So basically you want a new Quarm server...
  7. Rothj Augur

Quarm is significantly different in that all characters started at level 51 and it started with omens. It also had no fast unlocks and only planned to run for 3 months. The ONLY reason you would make that comparison is if you're trying to push some sort of agenda or be purposefully antagonistic. In realty, making that comparison can only come from a severe lack of understanding of both servers or just trying to derail the conversation.

I mean... come on dude.
  8. Kneeo Journeyman

I really like the Selo server; unfortunately, I do not disagree that at least being able to box 2 characters is essential to playing on the server. Challenging to find groups & boxers (including me & my wife) are prevalent in most groups. I typically will just box a whole group in lieu of trying to fill a group.
  9. Machen New Member

I am not antagonistic to the idea. I just think what you asked for is much more similar to Quarm than Selos. Limited lifespan, automatically dumps into live, that's Quarm 2.0 even if you change some of the details such as the length of the lifespan or the level at which it starts. Basically what you are asking for is an event server, that just runs a little longer than Quarm did, not an actual TLP that progresses all the way to live.
  10. Drampire New Member

Selo lasted longer than I originally anticipated. The length of time capped at level 70 and minimal AA was just too much with how fast the exp rate is. I hope they release more expansions together based on level cap or if there is a ton of new AA like later xpacs will have. 3 guilds folding on the same day really did a number on player morale, and kicked off the general "dead server" chat which only made things worse. I'll be there until they launch another server hopefully with a better rule set. There is zero reason to restart anywhere else, outside of a live server, as history and current tlp unlock schedules tell us the most likely time frame for a new TLP to be released would be march or shortly after.

Now if we could just have a TLP which bans 3rd party software such as Discord, that would be GREAT!
    :p
  11. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

12. Rothj Augur

Most tlp's die before they hit live. Secondly, in this version of selos it would hit live. It would just be cloned and reset every 12 months - exactly what we're doing with current tlp's without officially stating so.