Selling Bone Chips

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kalanec, Aug 1, 2015.

1. kalanec New Member

To not spam as much on auction, i've decided to create an advert here on the forums.
    (Not sure if wts posts are allowed here)
    either way,

[IMG]

~~~ WTS bone chips @ 50/stack ~~~
    100 % LEGIT NON BOTTED BONE CHIPS
    /tell Kalanec or parcel
    Drexll and Fallfyres like this.
  2. Ethereal Augur

How many bone chip do I need to get that girl in the picture?
    Elkay and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  3. Lumiens Augur

Are you only accepting 100% Legit Non Botted Plat as payment?
    Elkay, Batbener and Fallfyres like this.
  4. Kittany Augur

I have my doubts about this. Mainly because of the controversy surrounding the current bone chip farming going on right now.
    I mean sure, if this guy had spend 4-8 hours a night (Even with a mage box army) pressing a macro key once every 5-10 seconds across all the characters, competing with all the competition out there and collected enough volume to mass sell these things, more power to him~

However, the conspiracy theorist in me wants to point out that this guy went through all the trouble to create an advertisement picture that doesn't include his name on it. Using a popular reverse image search, there is no direct matches for this particular image, but the search result did come up with many similar images.

This leads to the conclusion that this individual has a very very large volume of bone chips to sell. Enough to actually create an advertisement so he can move the product because selling it via commonlands could very well take to long.

And I'm sure Frenzic could actually correct me on some of the numbers here, but I'll do some estimated math here to try to guess how much volume he has to sell.

Assuming this guy was farming in Paineel, lets assume there is 6 spawn points for the skeletons and a mage on each spawn.
    Each spawn is about 15 seconds and they have a 50% chance to drop between 1-3 bone chips.

So, using averages here, 4 spawns a minute for a single spot. That's 4 bone chips per spot. 4 times 6 equals 24 per minute.
    And that's 24 times 60 would equal 1440 per hour.

Now, each character can hold (Assuming 10 slot backs) 800 bone chips. It would take 1.8 hours to fill up one characters inventory. 10.8 hours to fill up all six characters for a grand total of 8640 total bone chips.

Now, I've *heard* it takes close to 15,000 bone chips to get one single character to level 40. At the price he is selling, a full powerlevel would cost around 7500 platinum or roughly 2-3 kronos.

So, is this guy botting? I'd like to believe not. I'd like to believe this individual is very dedicated, But the math indicates otherwise.
  5. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

Or he could be a bard.
  6. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

7500 for 1-40? yes pls
  7. yodo Augur

Took me 12,000 to get level 25, so that 15k number is pretty far off.
  8. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

I heard it was 5k for 1-20
  9. Kittany Augur

I was simply guessing on those numbers, but I was simply going through the method that I believe a lot of RMT'ers think about (At least from the mathematical level) when finding new (Or is it old?) ways to exploit the economy and population to feed that old greedy dollar sign.

Edit: I also forgot to mention I am absolutely horrible at math~
  10. taliefer Augur

theres so much wrong here. but for starters, a single 8 slot backpack can hold 800 bonechips
  11. Kittany Augur

You're right, and my mistake. An 8 slot can hold 800, a 10 slot can hold 1000. But, as I said, I'm horrible with math and I didn't double check the post. Thanks for pointing out the mistake. As always, the entire situation presented is a guess. Only person I know for sure has the exact numbers is the guy I mentioned in my original post :p
  12. taliefer Augur

meh, i came off as rude, sorry~

i was skeptical of the bone chip thing myself, but it isnt hard at all to farm alot of them even half paying attention, the spawn rate is really quick.

you still need *TON* of them to get any real exp past like 25 or 30, and your character will also have to spend time raising skills if you go that route
  13. Machen New Member

25-30 is nothing to shake a stick at on these servers. Probably faster to hit pet attack on a half dozen characters for a few hours than to level using traditional means.
  14. Mind tickle Lorekeeper

Soo how many bone chips 1-33!
  15. Labattttttttttttt New Member

I want to buy 2 krono's worth of bonechips. PM me here
  16. Old_Timer Journeyman

This should be removed... If they let this slide, these forums will turn into RMT advertisement central.
    Elkay likes this.
  17. Osgz Lorekeeper

Report it as such and site the rule that doesnt allow this type of posting. I agree it shouldnt be here or anything like it.
  18. Elkay Augur

Or they could make an official "Commonlands" trading forum.

The OP has a point. Being able to post a thread until bazaar goes live is a lot easier for people to buy and sell than spamming CL trade every couple minutes or being locked out of full trade channel.
  19. Sinzz Augur

i think hes actually just trying to get the quest removed by calling attention to it but then they are in almost every noobie city so yeah and farming bonechips is as classic as it gets to get a toon off the ground so meh
  20. Osgz Lorekeeper