self targeting when running multi insults and assist is slow

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by ptah, Jan 25, 2018.

1. ptah Augur

Anyone else doing this.. It was suggested and I started playing around with triple insult.. basically aria insult 2 songs insult 2 songs insult and every 45th song pulse its a 10th with HME regen delay song.. yellow circle thingie I don't recall the name of it.

Within this set up I run mana and end cause I'm spaming shouts as well. who don't love all the busy clicks we got.. I don't miss kick.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  2. svann Augur

You'll poke your eye out
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. IblisTheMage Augur

is the purpose to keep the melody running between pulls?
  4. ptah Augur

Yes 100% to keep it running not so much between pulls.. I mean you could.. but more so when MA is not retargeting fast enough for the bard in question and I wanta keep my stuff rolling.. I just hate breaking the jazz.. when I got it running 100%

Another note.. also working with a basic non targeting mix.. say 5 songs.. and toggle hot key to trigger insult and re start.. more single style insults.. but different way to look at it.. And on the dry erase board Is a theory based 3 song hot key.. with 3 different keys.. to support similar 9 song set.. returning to older busy fingers.. I like the last in theory the best.. but still playing around.. default is the huge mega 47 banger when mob is huge and simple.. as I'm clicking just as many things FE QT epic shout 3rd or 2nd bp.. maybe one of the disc .. Looking into Intmidation as possible mash.. I should do it.. but I wonder if works as planned
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Anyone else have a problem with an insult melody that has two songs between insults (ex: insullt->songA->songB->insult) breaking frequently due to insult not being ready yet?

I also have intimidation as part of my mash BTW.
  6. svann Augur

Yes, this is an unfortunate result of the metronome aa. Insult cooldown is 5.75 seconds measured from the end of the cast. With metronome the cast time of 2 songs is reduced to 5.70 seconds.

I recommend new bards dont buy this aa ever.
  7. IblisTheMage Augur

Yikes.
  8. ptah Augur

Reread past posts.

So currently I mostly running something similar to this
    aria
    insult non push
    suffer
    haste
    balord. whatever the spelling is. the 110 or 105 suck base mod to attacks
    insult non push

maybe a mana regen if I'm with bst or ranger.. reckless if its merc based healer.. mix in AC stuff if needed.

That is basic stuff for auto lazy mode.. and my mana holds lil better than triple banger setup above.
    Now if I'm not boxing I'm playing with a subset of mini hot key melody.
    hotkey 1.. aria haste insult
    hotkey 2 suffer balord insult
    hotkey pulse mana song insult

left hand cycles that as I tap my foot on pulse timing.. and right hand does the clicks for assist, epic , FE QT ind etc.. and what fun is AE mezz target flops...ghetto stun if stupid warr don't listen to music.. direction.

Trying to work in dicho or the other yellow delay regen.. but I'm not finding that often.. and reflective is fun to help then bst and rangers out on core mana issues.
  9. IblisTheMage Augur

I think I will consider my melody bard self target 90% of the time, with a macro to assist, send swarm pets, then go back to self target. He never does any dps anyways these days, as kill time is now very low.

I don’t think I have the mana regen for keeping two nukes running, also not sure what song should be replaced, so it would be one synergy for every 7 songs, or 21 seconds. Chance of that synergy to be used should be above 50% for my four nukers, so at rank 10, that is an adps in the range of 3k for the entire party. That is really not a lot...

( 4 casters do +35k every 21 sec, but at a 50% success assumption)

Oh well, boxing has its downsides, melee toons in a caster group is one :)
  10. Brohg Augur

/melody insult 1 2 3 insult 4 5 6

slightly faster than every 2 ticks, every caster deals 45000 bonus damage on their next nuke
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  11. IblisTheMage Augur

Aye, it looks very nice; my challenge is that I will run out of mana, I think, so I made the calculation for one insult. However, this is doubly significant, sonI should see if I could make it work.

I am still at rank 10, so it is 35k pr caster. Every 2 tics is good, because I can then assume that every mob will get hit by it once, giving 4 x 35k over 12 sec (assumed kill time for trash), so 11k-ish adps in my setup, which is not bad, on a group dps around 350-400 on trash, if I recall correctly, it is around 3%. (To be worth a spot, a bard has to offer around 1/5 or 1/6 of the group benefit, easily argued for with mana regen).

It could be fun to decompose his abilities to adps %...

#sleeplessincopenhagen
  12. ptah Augur

Iblis double check the value calc for your bard.. you only counting 1 thing.. what about all the other ADPS or support.. Word of the patch is compounding.. when parts add to greater than their sum..
    And bard dps to me has always been indirect mod to groups dps.. we don't or need get credit for the mod. just saying we do more than gamepager shows..
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. Brohg Augur

the way I read a bard is already a valued part of the team? and he's just considering whether to add the insulting-yourself-to-keep-/melody-from-breaking trick
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  14. IblisTheMage Augur

Hi, thanks for your reply. I was unclear, I am sorry :). I meant that that specific approach, selftargeted nukes with Synergy, is in the ballpark of 3% for my box :).
  15. ptah Augur

Hmm I still think that low calc.. if I recall you are multi boxer of multi mages.. to that proc lands on mages and pets.. action either meele or magic to trigger the proc is 48k.. based on how often bard is landing a nuke on target X. Few ticks to use it or lose it.. but as bro brohg pointed out proc can trigger often.
    I use when I feel the assist target duty is slow. and I grow tired of rolling ahead to keep the other songs rolling. Used different set up to adjust.. and just like the self target best.. and I can assist based of extend window design to see what the MA is targeting.. that what works for me atm.

For Iblis. yes I think he gets net gains, will show more gains if he can cast more often on mages.. and set and nearly forget bard. From an ADPS only thought I would think boxing other bursty toons.. this would be ideal. IE if I would heavy focus a mythic nec and bard.. I would self target bard.. just so I powerplay focus on NEC.. or BsT for that matter.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Exactly, and also how to keep lyrical prankster on cooldown... Lyrical is a huge adps for mages (Many)
  17. IblisTheMage Augur

Do I understand you correctly that you think that pets (either pet nukes or pet melee) also trigger this effect? If that is the case, the delta is significantly larger. 5 toons in party have a permanent pet (when we duo-nox), 3 when I just box...
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

How about this for a Melody Bard setup?

Melody Bard

Songs 1-8
    Insult
    Aria (of Maetanrus)
    (Nisaria's) Aria
    Pulse (of Sionache)
    Insult
    Chorus (of Sionache)
    Arcane (Melody)
    War March (of Jocelyn)

+ every 3 rounds of 1-8:
    Silisia's Lively Crescendo
    Dichotomic Psalm

Aura
    Aura of Maetanrus

On cooldown
    Quick Time
    Fierce Eye
    BP
    Second Spire
    Tune Stuck in Your Head

On pull (all with a short pause of 3 in between):
    assist
    pet swarm
    Lyrical Prankster
    Song of Stone
    target self

On end of combat
    Rallying Solo
    Target self (so there is a button for targeting self)
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

Update:
    Made everything work, would appear effect is better than expected but...

Ran out of mana in 10-12 minutes...

218 mana regen is not enough.

Will also try to cut insults down to rk. 1, to save a little mana.
  20. IblisTheMage Augur

Will also take out crescendo and see if it helps.