Seems as if more ppl are returning..

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cakulis, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Cakulis New Member

Hello guys,
    I'm a returning player who has been off EQ for about 3 or 4 yrs, only playing of and on between then and now... That being said, I'm thinking about returning to EQ, is there alot of ppl on EQ anymore and have any of the older ppl came back that you can tell? Thank you for the input.
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

EQ certainly peaked several years ago population-wise, but recent changes like free-to-play have been bringing people back, and new people in. I wouldn't say there are "a lot" of people playing, but most normal servers have a healthy enough population.

That said, playing may not be anything like you remember it as the game has changed so much in recent years, and the "pickup group" is all but dead now. Find a guild with active players and you should be fine.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  3. Danite Lorekeeper

Pickup groups are not dead if ppl would start them 2 toons the same lvl with JT5 mercs can start a grp granted u can only have 4 players if u have heal merc and a tank merc but its the start of a grp u dont have to sit 2 hours looking for a healer or tank .. also there are alot of zones anyone can pull
  4. Wizardling Lorekeeper

PUG groups live on Fippy Darkpaw time-locked progression server. They are common at 60-70 (we're currently at DoN, and without mercs which helps a lot in grouping), and less common earlier on, but I still see low level groups forming during peak times.