Seemingly excessive nerfing of Sathir's Tomb XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tutankamen, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Tutankamen Augur

with a 25% pot Sathir's Tomb is giving .2 % exp , most of the mobs there are still white or yellow. Why would they be worth so little? How hard was this nerfed? If mobs are still of equal level they should be decent xp, much like TBM was at 110.

Any thoughts on this?
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

They want you to play in the new expansion. Looks like pre-ToV ZEMs were nerfed down to 0%.
  3. JeffHanson Augur

Horrible idea. Not everybody is level 110-115 with great gear and steady groups. Sheesh, some people might want to catch up and have fun leveling in older content.
  4. Riou EQResource

All mobs are that bad exp when you ding to 111 and it gets worse as you level beyond that (like 113 starts being like 0.06%, and 115 goes down to like 0.03%), they skyrocketed the EXP it takes per level

If you want "real" exp you basically gotta do ToV quests/missions
    Pano and Daedly like this.
  5. Tutankamen Augur

I can understand some small amount of nerfing as a small push to check out new zones, but to crush it into the ground so its not even viable on an expac thats only 2 years old? .2% with a pot burning at one of the top zones in ROS? These mobs are still white and yellow cons. EQ should be about getting more options with every expansion, not less by making 2 year old content totally obsolete- that defeats the entire purpose. Many people are like me , they don't level up in brand new zones, they hit max and then do progression and explore when they're max level.
  6. Riou EQResource

They didn't really crush it specifically because ToV normal mob kills are that bad too

They just made the exp to ding from 111->112 be like a 5x bigger gap or something then 110-111 took, so the exp looks bad because it takes so much more exp per level now
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Lubianx Augur

People have to remember not every level takes the same amount of XP to level up. Level 110 to 111 may be say 1,000,000 XP, 111 to 112 may be 3,000,000.

They may still give the same XP value (not sure if ZEM was removed or not), just not the same % value.
    Using the above example, A mob that gives 10,000 XP gives 1% at level 110 and 0.33% at level 111. Still the same XP value so nothing may have changed. Not saying that this has occurred, but I have had this conversation in the past with others who just didn't get the above dynamic. (Riou beat me to this point)
    Nennius, Yinla and Daedly like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Just do the missions, they're dirt easy and after doing them all I ended up at level 113.
    Nennius, Elyssanda, code-zero and 4 others like this.
  9. Allayna Augur

The xp we're seeing per kill in ToV is about 0.04% per kill ish. So 2500 kills per level. Be grateful you're getting 0.2% in 2 year old content. Or just do the hero's missions from the new expansion for the 40% reg exp.
    code-zero and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Bigstomp Augur

2 expansion old content does not give crazy xp rewards. News at 11.
    German and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. Dewey Augur

The xp for killing all mobs went down. XP even in the new expansion is horrible. If you want good xp you go to older content than sathirs...
  12. Fcseven XIII Journeyman

I thought the devs did this once a few expansions ago but reversed the change after an outcry from the community. It was around the Cotf era? It was a sneaky attempt to herd us all into the new expansion.
  13. Riou EQResource

It was reduced in how much of a penalty it was, but it was never removed, and it still continues, but this is just how much exp you need to level
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Numiko Augur

On a plus think of all the extra loot and plats you are getting killing all those mobs! :p
  15. Lilura Augur

Hell it was done back with House of Thule. Once VoA came out there was a massive exp nerf of HoT mission experience.
  16. Gribble New Member

So EoK content is same as it was before the xp nerf? If so I don't have a problem going back to Chardok and Kor Sha to level up my my other toons.

But if I have to choose between ToV and older content that is going to be a difficult decision. It's either continue subbing 4 accounts and play in Chardok or drop 3 subs and play my main in ToV. I just cant afford to upgrade 4 accounts right now. Putting two kids through college at the moment so I dont have the luxury of dropping money on games.

I'd much rather keep all 4 subbed as it gives me more flexibility, I can group or box depending on play times.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Would be kind of shady if they nerfed ZEM's in non TOV.

Byt OTOH when you DING 111, you need to know your not in kansas anymore toto.
  18. Tutankamen Augur

After experimenting a lot , I'm seeing that it really isn't so much nerfed as I initially thought- its simply that the 111-115 stretch seems to be entirely comprised of hell levels. That's actually a comforting thing, and I'm not as concerned with that as I would have been if it were simply that older zones were nerfed and the XP in the new expac was 'great'.
  19. Vumad Cape Wearer

0.1% per kill (approx) in eastern wastes on red cons.
  20. Brutalis-trak Journeyman

Exp is horrid ... I went to new ew thinking ok exp should be fine there ... not even close i mean to get like .13% exp per mob at 110 is insane lol