Seeking New Seafoods!

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Storm Angel, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Storm Angel New Member

Greetings to you all!
    I've been away from Norrath for some months, but have returned to this land of my birth recently. I'm not a great adventurer, I will never be a legendary hero like most of you. But I wanted to visit The Temple of Thunder, and see my old mentors and guild mistresses. And I yearned to walk the plains of Karana, and listen to the winds, feel the rain on my face, and see the friendly Miller family.
    Fishing has always been a great passion of mine. Even though I have not the strength to do great deeds in the last two domains that opened to us last year, I have snuck in to do some fishing! What I'm wondering is, are there any recipes for the things you catch in the Plane of Health or Empires of Kunark? It's been awhile, but I seem to remember that all I've fished up so far are fresh fish and some smelly old Chokadai fish of some kind. I pray the gods and angels of Norrath will inspire us with some delicious recipes and bring new kinds of fish to these lands! The only thing that makes fishing even more fun, is when you can cook something delicious from your catches!
    Be well and be blessed all!
    Jumbur, Questoften32 and Wayylon like this.
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Sadly, fishing and other tradeskills have been neglected in the last 2 expansions(TBM and EoK), only new recipes are for hero's forge stuff, and the artisan-questline. :(

The new EoK fish have no use currently.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...skills-for-level-110-cap.243134/#post-3573214

If they did add new cooking recipes to EoK, then I think the recipes should be dropped by "sarnak(syldon?) chefs" in FM. They mention how they won't share their secret recipes with you, as you fight them...
    Storm Angel likes this.
  3. Storm Angel New Member

Thank you Jumbur, I appreciate your kind reply:)
    I'd forgotten that a lot of the new recipes are monster dropped. Perhaps they will eventually start dropping fish recipes in the future, I sure hope so.
    As an aside, I did discover that the Fishing Mastery AA was added since I was last in Norrath. That has been fun, though it looks like I won't be able to hit a skill of 300 that way. Still, it's good motivation to go back and learn every fishing tacklebox recipe there is:)

Good hunting and good fortune to you Jumbur! May the Lord Karana gift you with fair skies for safe travels and grant you gentle rains to renew your spirits and wash away your woes!
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Mannhec Lorekeeper

There is however fishing in Argath that is totally safe can get you to 300 fishing. and the fish can get your baking to 300 - and makes a decent stat food.
  5. Storm Angel New Member

Thank you Mannhec! I will travel to Argath and give that a try:)

Be well, and be blessed!
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar