Seeking Human monk on Coirnav

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Rasbis, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Rasbis Lorekeeper

To help me do this stupid sash quest. I started a lvl 1 human who did the headband quest but for some asinine reason the monk does not have high enough faction in Freeport to completed the Sash quest. I find it extremely stupid that I first have to create a second character or kill 6 thousand orcs to do the quest with Iskar. There should be an alternate quest for KoS toons. Second, it is beyond ignorant that the "alternate" toon has to also build up faction. How much friggin faction does he need for gods sake? He has completed the headband quest. Anyway, shoot Suun a tell if you can help out, happy to throw some plat your way.
  2. Rasbis Lorekeeper

Okay, no more rants promise. I actually have managed to BUY the Red Sash, so if anyone on Coirnav needs the items for this quest I will be happy to entertain letting them go, once again send message to Suun. Also, even though my now lvl 2 human monk was able to do the first three headband quest he can't do the final one for some reason, Guild Master says a "more experienced" person is needed. I can only assume that means his faction is not correct though I tried to restart another monk and he could not complete it either. Is there a level requirement? SO, if any human monks of the higher levels have a few min to do the final turn in on the Headband quest I would appreciate it and willing to throw in some plat or future rez or two from my good cleric friend.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

[IMG]
    Duder likes this.
  4. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Hmm, thread has been pruned to remove context, I don't normally post that picture at random.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

All you had to do was a little faction work. Kill orcs in north ro by the EFp. There are also some other quests that give faction too.. Doesn't take more than an hour tops.
  6. Rasbis Lorekeeper

With the Iskar? I don't think so. I have looked at the faction tables and I would have to kill over 100k orcs. Also, the level 1 monk I started to do the quest I'm not going to go "build up his faction" either.

What I should have done is just go kill the brother in Rathe. My lvl 58 monk buddy, my 61 cleric, and I at lvl 57 took him down rather easy. He didn't have the robe but so be it, in the time it would take to build up the faction he would have spawned with the robe. I'm lvl 61 now and my cleric is 65 so we can probably duo him.

In short, all you monks out there whatever race don't waste your time. If you want epic find a healer buddy and just go camp the brother. I would estimate a day's worth of killing to complete the task. You can also do JBoots while your at it if so desired. If your on Corniav then send Marccus a tell and for enough plat or other valuables he will come heal for you lol.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, with the other human monk you made. Would have taken maybe 10 minutes if that assuming you had already done all of the turn ins for the Qeynos headbands already. After turning in the note to the Guild master in NQ and then doing all of the Headband quest turnins, you're not that far from being able to start the Sash quests in Freeport.

Also, faster just doing the Quests, even for an iksar. The Brother's dropping the Robe is so rare that it sways the time balance the other way, with the knowledge that Raster and Targin will spawn themselves after, you can usually catch one up if you check them regularly unless their is someone else actively camping them. I've raced people and done the quests before they could get a Robe regularly. Now, if someone is actively camping something then it can change it a bit, but usually not enough to make it so that camping Brothers as being as fast as people make it out to be.