Seeds of Destruction flagging - 6 keys per week?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Njustlight, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Nothing is contradictory or dumb. You don't like that the game is designed and you think that you should not have any lockouts.

No, I was using your logic for what the 3 months would be equivalent to if the Devs did do a staggered release as the Devs have staggered content releases to TLP servers in the past and the way they did it was release it x weeks after the expansion came out. No contradiction occuring. Nice try.
    Triconx likes this.
  2. Triconx Augur

Please find the quote where I said there should be no lockouts. I won't hold my breath because I never once said that. Stop making up lies, you're beginning to embarrass yourself.

It's very contradictory. You said the unlock should mimic the unlock period for a TLP and Live and match based on ratio. If that's the case, keying and progression should as well. It's only logical. Based on dev practices, they agree that unlock schedules for live don't properly fit a TLP schedule and modified it. The same exact issue exists for previous expansions and should be updated accordingly. You, however, don't believe so hence the obvious contradiction. This is a sad hill to die on for you because you already lost it through your own words. I just needed to be patient.
  3. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You want the lockout times to be proportional to the amount of time that they were on live, so in a year long expansion with a level increase which gives 1 week per month would mean that you would need to be able to get 6 2/3 lockouts per week or the lockout time would be like 25.2 hours on those expansions and non level increase expansions it would be 2/3 of a week would be a month, so the lockouts for those would be 16.8 hour lockouts. With raid lockouts this short there are effectively no lockouts. I never said that you said that there should be no lockouts, just that you think that there should be no lockouts, as demonstrated above.

I did not say it should do anything. I said that if the Dev's wanted to do a staggered release that is how they would do it, because that is explicitly how they have previously done actual staggered releases on Progression servers and TLP servers. Nothing contradictory in that. Further they Devs did not reduce the lockouts for the TLP servers in these staggered releases. Staggering a release is not the same as keying and progression, they are explicitly different things, so it does not follow logically that they would be altered the same way. Also, I did not say that the unlock should mimic the unlock period for a TLP & Live. Previously and now, I showed how the Devs have done things which you brought up in the past, at no point in the past have the Devs altered the lockouts for TLP servers. The most that they have done is add AoC so that people could not block others from progressing in the early game that came out pre-instance to reduce toxic interactions between players & guilds in the early game.
  4. Triconx Augur

That...is not what I was asking for lolololol. I'm saying the key/flag drops should be of same ratio between a live format and TLP format, nothing to do with raid lockouts. You're just making up stuff and projecting it on me.

Uhhh
    Do you forgot what you write or you blatantly gaslighting me? Just stop dude. You can't even keep up with your own comments, let alone try and refute anything.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Literally, the only way for what you want to occur is for them to make the lockout timers different in exactly the way I describe. Doing the raid more often is the only way to increase the amount of key/flag drops, as such it explicitly is tied to raid lockouts. If you think that they are going to give you more keys/flags without making you do the raid itself more you are off your rocker.

You apparently did not actually read what I said. The words have specific meanings. You do not get to change the definition of words to fit your arguement.
  6. Triconx Augur

Do you know how raids function? Are you serious right now? Make the raid drop more keys per win. You don't need to touch the lockouts.

With that said, I think this conversation is done. You're just making up stuff as you go with zero consistency or logic to your statements.

They've already done this for certain things. Try to keep up.

You apparently don't read what you write because it's nothing but word salad nonsense.
  7. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Devs never give out something for nothing. If you want more keys/flags than was originally given, you are going to have to do more raids. That is how they go about things.

I've not made up anything. You simply do not like the facts you are faced with. Everything I've said has been consistent and logical.

Except they haven't done what you are wanting. They have done things when it was already requested by those on Live servers to do it, not when it was solely a request on TLP servers, and not when it was 100% possible for a guild to become fully flagged and beat the content before the end of the expansion as it is currently. They have never made changes like you are asking just so that guilds can gear up more before the end of the expansion.

What I have written is quite easy to comprehend and makes perfect sense when read. You simply do not like the fact that I did not actually say what you claimed I said.
  8. Tweakfour17 Augur

Except they have and they do. Most recently EoK and TBL received bonuses keys to flag faster and the team is currently discussing SoF
  9. Triconx Augur

Then tell me why they updated EOK and TBL? Why do instance mobs drop 6 signets now instead of 1 for COA flag? Why do luclin shards drop more often and from more than just specific named mobs?

Again, you're just talking out your behind.
    theonepercent likes this.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Plane of Storrrrrrrrms
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Both EoK and TBL were also requested on Live servers, as people playing Live do still do those as well. The same goes for Signet and Luclin Shards. People on Live Servers had been requesting that Luclin Shards drop more often for 20 years, that request never stopped, because still today there are clicky drops in the original VT that are worth getting. Similarly, people on live had been asking for those changes since before there were progression servers through the point where the changes were made because people on live are regularly completionists. So none of those are changes made solely for people playing on TLP servers.
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

What are you even talking about. Phinny launched in Dec 2015. Eok launched Nov 2016. Tbl launched December 2018. So both well after tlp existed since phinny wasn't even the first one. Anguish removed signet requirements on live in 2008. Likewise vex thal is also open without shards.
  13. Triconx Augur

Your entire post reeks of ignorance and literally knowing nothing about the game.

Good sir, why do POS mini bosses drop more keys now? I thought you said I was off my rocker because devs would never provide more keys for the same effort. Odd, it seems they did in fact do that. And don't say it was for live because it exclusively works only in TLPs and listed as a TLP update https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-april-21-2021.274504/

Lucid Shards were modified for TLPs. It's fact. I dare you to even ask devs. Ngreth will 100% back me up on that. Want proof? https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-october-20-2021.278181/ PROGRESSION SERVER update
    theonepercent likes this.
  14. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Sigh, EoK content was still being done on live servers when the changes to it were made, same with TBL. Likewise, Anguish is still done by people on Live today, and the Signet requirements were changed because of that. Reason
    Been 20 years, but honestly the changes for just the first 2 months sounds a lot like how I remember them dropping before they nixed the original flagging method, nerfing it down and merging it with what was in place of the key quest way for xp. I remember the medallions being easier to get originally, but the flagging being different and a ton harder. They eventually nixed the original way all together and made what was intended to be the alternate quest with a few tweaks the PP flaging way. That is more of a change to be more accurate to the original time without adding in the annoying parts.

Ask him if people on the Live servers had asked for Lucid Shards to have their drop rates changed for years before and after Progression servers even existed. He will back me up 100% on that.

Just because something is listed as Progression server update doesn't mean it is only done for the Progression servers, it just means that it is most applicable to them.
  15. Tweakfour17 Augur

EoK/TBL were changed in November 2022 (2 months ago). Ngreth posted about it in the TLP forums in response to TLP players requesting the change so I'm not sure how you think its Live thats driving the changes but you do you do I guess.
  16. Triconx Augur

Because he was proven wrong and now he's backtracking and retro fitting his argument
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  17. Triconx Augur

COA is still done today so they changed the drop rate of signets which haven't been required since 2008 to...accommodate live? Lmfao do you even listen to yourself and what you say? That's the most contradictory garbage I've seen posted. Why would they bother changing signet drop rates specifically for live servers if they aren't even required on Live? Because people do COA for 2.0 globes? They can get the globes WITHOUT the signets hahaha. Wow, no words for how asinine that statement is.

Maybe, just maybe, it was modified specifically to address issues with TLP flagging! What a thought! My own genius is sometimes frightening.

There is zero chance anyone on live was asking for Lucid shard drop rates to be tweaked in the last 10 years lmao.

[IMG]

Keep living in your personal reality. It's laughably ignorant. The changes were 100% made for TLPs.

I even provided you proof they provide more keys for killing the same bosses which you told me I was off my rocker for. And this is a change that only works on TLP servers. With evidence now supporting me, who is off their rocker now?

You have nothing but baseless claims. Please provide any post from the live boards asking for these changes to be made in a reasonable time between the post and when the actual change occurred. You won't be able to because you're making stuff up. Nobody on live cares about Lucid shards. You think the world revolves around you and live apparently that you cannot even admit when changes are made specifically for TLPs.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

This thread is so off-rails it turned from a train into a clown car, and like the same 2-3 dudes keep exiting said clown car over and over with pies and seltzer bottles filled with insane ideas and flat out lies. I dont know which people play on TLP and which play on live, but as a player who exclusively plays on TLP, I keep my nose out of the problems that are exclusive to live.
    Njustlight likes this.
  19. Stune Augur

I personally would like to see a change, SOD, and SOF. When you push to put all content into a 12-week expansion that normally was a yearlong, you have to expect the existing features would not function correctly. I am talking about Lock Out times, spell drops RK3, and in some cases flagging requirements. Visual gear requires time to farm to get guild members outfitted. I get it the jump to SOD is big, but it will be the same old issue, Lock Out Times, Spells RK3, Visual Gear upgrades etc. If you are going to push it like that, then i recommend also X2 spell rune RK3 drops, and maybe Visual Gear pieces, and Lock Out. Not every guild can split into multi raids.

Doing this might actually keep people interested in TLPs. So many come and go.

SOD should be changed now, before it goes live to allow for more certain drops. This should be easy enough for the Devs to do.
  20. Penelo Lorekeeper

Personally not a fan of reduced lockouts. Any time that reduced lockouts bonus comes around it's always kind of a joke to us. We have set raid days, we aren't going to adjust schedule to pick up additional raids. The people that join guilds that raid on set schedules are 'usually' the same. Some of the hard-core guilds will adapt, but most just raid their days.

If anything loot should be adjusted (similar to keys/flags) to adjust for the decreased schedule of events.

Ask anyone that did LDoN after the loot increase, it feels much much better to do an LDoN now. Even if it's just 1.5x the loot/runes, it would take a lot of pressure off the gearing hamster wheel.

I assume when raid currency comes out it takes a little pressure off of the loot grind as well.
    Stune likes this.