Seeds of Destruction flagging - 6 keys per week?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Njustlight, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Njustlight Journeyman

I know that Angeliana said it was going to be discussed at the January dev meeting, but haven't seen anything further than that yet
  2. Valcron Elder

Any chance this had discussion?
  3. Stune Augur

Slow flagging (lockouts), reduction in actual RL time of expansions under the current system requires you have to be splitting raids. 8-12 weeks for a 1-year expansion is a little harder to deal with for smaller guilds.
  4. Pimento Lorekeeper

Well no flagging change this patch for Aradune / Rizlona. It won't surprise me if it's modified in time for Mischief's SoD
  5. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Hey Angeliana, was there any update here? The urgency from those of us on Rizlona and Aradune is that Seeds of Destruction unlocks for us on March 2nd, so with no changes listed in today's patch, we only have the February patch to see a change implemented before unlock.

Not trying to get pushy about things, just trying to clearly identify the timeline.
  6. Valcron Elder

So wait, is this a thing?
  7. Pimento Lorekeeper

Is what a thing? The lack of a change or that I won't be surprised?
  8. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We did bring it up in the meeting, that's all I have right now. When or if someone has a response, or if we are provided one, we will be sure to post it as soon as we get it.
  9. Pimento Lorekeeper

TY Angeliana - appreciate the response
    Angeliana likes this.
  10. Valcron Elder

Hey at least it was talked about !
    Angeliana likes this.
  11. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Thank you, appreciate the update.
    Angeliana likes this.
  12. MischiefTLP Augur

Mischief solution to this is more keys from more targets, we don't need a patch, it's been in place since Kunark.
  13. Valcron Elder

I guess my question is this - why does everyone seem to think Mischief benefits from what goes on TLP's the most?
  14. MischiefTLP Augur

High Count: 18686 (72.09%) - Estimated Time: 129d 18h 20m
    Medium Count: 6594 (25.44%) - Estimated Time: 45d 19h
    Low Count: 189 (0.73%) - Estimated Time: 1d 7h 30m
    Aradune
    High Count: 0
    Medium Count: 2297 (8.86%) - Estimated Time: 15d 22h 50m
    Low Count: 23172 (89.4%) - Estimated Time: 160d 22h
    Rizlona
    High Count: 1734 (6.69%) - Estimated Time: 12d 1h
    Medium Count: 18338 (70.75%) - Estimated Time: 127d 8h 20m
    Low Count: 5397 (20.82%) - Estimated Time: 37d 11h 30m
  15. Ishbu Augur

There have been numerous issues that TLPs have complained about server after server that never got a second look, but as Mischief hit those expansions there were suddenly fixes made. Its a meme that things will be fixed for Mischief, but its also a reality, that it has happened that way many times now.

Mischief was the first server launched after the new parent company took over and I think there was a directive pushed down that TLPs should have a little more attention paid to them as they are likely a reasonable chunk of EQs profit margins. Thats what I suspect so it is what it is. The alternative reality was nothing ever got changed so I guess better late than never for those of us playing on older servers than Mischief
    PathToEternity likes this.
  16. Rogean Lorekeeper

Only one more patch until SoD goes live on Aradune. @Ngreth halp.

17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

You are making arguments that have nothing to do with anything that I was arguing for. What I stated was that People explicitly were raiding SoD and SoF at the same time, they would even go back further to finish people's quests for specific or special items on their mains. I did say that there were multiple tiers of guilds, and, contrary to your claims, that sort of structure completely makes sense in all TLP servers. The core concept behind almost all of the TLP servers is to provide an experience of progressing through the content as the content comes out. Part of that experience explicitly in the period of time that you are talking about is for a large number of guild to be still doing older content than what has most recently released.
    That can literally be said for every single TLP server, the next servers had issues addressed or fixed for specific expansions when the next one came around. The original ones were actually just progression servers, and people didn't like actually having to complete all possible progression to unlock the next expansion; the next set of progression servers required fewer things to unlock; the next had a time period on it and voting system; and the rest have all been time locked with varying times. They have added and changed many things on live for the sole benefit of the TLP servers.

Each iteration of the TLP servers have brought changes that were asked for by multiple previous servers. You all are saying that a 4 1/2 day lockout is too long. Do you want it to be 3 3/8 days? 2 1/4 days? 1 1/8 days? 12 hours? 6 hours? Nothing is going to be sufficient because there will always be a guild that cannot do it enough times for everyone to have BiS for all slots. If the guilds are not even capable of or willing to get the whole guild flagged and beat the content when there is enough time for that.
  18. Triconx Augur

The irony is live has the most hard-coded time gates possible. They literally don't unlock the final tier of raids until 3 months into the expansion, no matter what. Based on that norm, it would be literally impossible for TLP guilds to even see the final tier of content prior to the next expansion. Nice going there, smarty pants.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

So you're trying to apply modern release practices to 15-20 year old content which was not affected by it as a general rule. Further the raids being released later has nothing to do with time gating and everything to do with the size of the dev team and managing the release schedule to provide the least buggy game possible with the resources available. None of that ever applies to TLP servers or the content that they are on. Applying this to TLP servers would be locking out the final tier of raids for the first 2 or 3 weeks of an expansion; I.E. the time during which you are not even flagged for that content. Sorry that your argument fails again.

One can quite easily play from level 1 and progress through all of the existing expansions in order at your leisure taking as much or as little time as you desire on live servers. As I previously mentioned, the early expansions, mostly Pre-PoP, you will be a bit OP, but PoP and later you are pretty much the same. You just have to choose to not use out of Era gear, which should not be an issue as everyone on TLP servers that are going past PoP are already choosing to not get most of that gear or content. You would probably want to avoid starting near Anniversary time and Summer, but getting to and through PoP in the other half of the year is not too much since you will be more powerful at the lower levels, and you're having issues more with the flagging in later expansions rather than the earlier ones.
  20. Triconx Augur

No, I'm trying to say your statements are contradictory and just dumb.

You say just play live for no time gates when current dev practices have the single most time-gated methods in the game's history. Brilliant suggestion there, Einstein.

I don't even know why you're so against modifying the progression to been be in line with a TLP schedule. If the progression was designed around 12 months of content, the progression should follow a similar ratio to a TLP with 12 weeks of content. It's pretty simple and an argument you simply cannot successfully refute. There is no logical reason 12 month progression design should exist identically on a 12/8 week progression format.

And guess what? Leads me to a further contradiction by yourself :rolleyes:
    So you agree that the content should maintain a ratio rather than maintain the 100% identical format of live. Glad you agree that the Keying should be updated. Nice work, friend! It didn't take too long for you to suffer from foot-in-mouth disease.

I guess your argument fails, yet again.