second server locked at pop were people can box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Arrk Augur

POP is the quintessential eq raiding experience. Add in the grouping of LDON... and you have a winner.
  2. Khaliss Augur

^what he said, I agree 100%
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I did aid grimel on two characters now, one within the first week of the expansion. The other one started with zero tradeskills. it is most definitley not a 6 month job if you know how to do it :)
  4. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

This begs the question, have you done pop on phinny? With the instances and player power it is much easier and faster then you remember.
  5. Khaliss Augur

I have suggestions for that:
    1.) make most raids instanced, except the highest PoP tiers (elemental planes & PoTime itself)
    2.) slow down the xp rate, make it like Phiny or whatever was the xp rate when PoP originally released
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  6. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

I actually agree with this, but the lack of instances will upset people.
  7. MaestroM Augur

1) If I wanted to play on a server that didn't have instances, I would play on RF/LJ.
    2) If I wanted to play on a server that had Phinny's exp, I would play on Phinny.

Edit: Actually I would have played on Phinny had I been able to play when it launched. I'm not opposed to Phinny's exp rate on a philosophical level, but I've seen nothing that makes me think that Phinny's exp rate is magically better than any other exp rate.
    You will still have people at max level within a week of server launch. I don't really care how quickly other people level. Less exp doesn't mean I get to skip entire sections of the game, it just means I only have to kill 500 goblins in HHK rather than 1000.
  8. Khaliss Augur

you're kinda missing the main point of this thread though... what the OP originally suggested was requesting DBG for a PoP/LDoN locked server that is multibox friendly. I want to play on RF/LJ (because it's multibox friendly), but it won't lock on PoP/LDoN, it will go beyond (eventually) =X
  9. MaestroM Augur

RF/LJ have been effectively LDoN locked for nearly 2 years and will continue to be for who knows how long. They're also voting servers can if the population wants to lock them at PoP/LDoN, they're free to do that, that's kind of the point of voting.
  10. Khaliss Augur

^ yes, but that's not a guarantee for players like me who want to remain in PoP/LDoN. What if the majority of the LJ/RF players want to move forward with later expansions at some point?
  11. MaestroM Augur

The nice thing is you can organize! You have like, what, 6 months till the GoD votes start? Get like minded people to organize and consolidate on one server and then force a lock on that server.

Personally, I think they should allow free transfers from RF/LJ and lock one of them at PoP/LDoN. That would have one server for pretty much all of the vocal player bases.

Standard progression folks = RF
    Standard locked at PoP = LJ
    Instanced truebox progression = Phinny
    Instanced truebox locked at Pop = Agnarr
    EQ Christians = P99

TBH I'm not opposed to them opening up a new server with the rules you describe, but just taking a look at the server population meters on the main page, if all of the pop-locked boxers on RF went over to LJ, it doesn't seem like they'd have much trouble locking the vote down.

And if there aren't enough pop-locked boxers out there to lock down the vote on LJ... then maybe there aren't enough for a whole server?
  12. Khaliss Augur

haha, let's start a campaign then... that would be a dream come true! I'd start subbing for a box team on LJ... BFG, TAKE MY MONEY!
  13. Gremin Augur

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that we are effectively locked for 2 years in LDoN. I wish we had LDoN already. We will have no issues on LJ passing the vote for PoP. I doubt RF will either.
  14. MaestroM Augur

What I meant was that for the past two years, LJ has been indistinguishable from a standard ldon-locked server that started at the same time, except with longer periods between unlocks.
  15. Gremin Augur

You can lock yourself, done it on Trakanon before. You just have to have the willpower.
  16. Khaliss Augur

lol, I don't have the will to do that just to myself: one for all, all for one... or nothing =D