second server locked at pop were people can box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by nostalgia, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Ryder Lorekeeper

A second POP locked server that allows boxing would need to release with everything already unlocked, like Stromm or Al'Kobar did.
  2. Febb Augur

They already said they weren't going to make servers that pull away from other servers.
  3. Machentoo Augur

Maybe you should ask the people who actually play there why not, they are dead set against it for the most part, so maybe don't try to co-opt their server for your own enjoyment.
  4. Khaliss Augur

^ fair enough... I only based my opinion of what I heard (that LJ's population isn't necessarily at a healthy level).
  5. Hdizzle Augur

Why would Agnarr not pull players away from Phinny, but making an Agnarr server for boxers would pull players away from Ragefire? /boggle

They are all over the place Lol. They announce a new TLP for those who missed Rage/LJ and Phinny, and its locked at PoP. I don't know a single player on either of the 3 current TLPs that joined their respective server to STOP at PoP.
  6. Kahna Augur

Easy
    Easy, Agnarr doesn't offer Phinny players anything they don't already have. Sure the exp is faster, but you have to grind through classic from scratch again, just to get back to where you are now exp-wise.

An Agnarr that allows boxing offers RF/LJ players instanced raiding. That is a HUGE draw. So much larger than fast exp. Worth starting over for if your box army can get instances all to itself.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  7. Hdizzle Augur

True, instances rock. I just don't see a lot of people willing to do classic content again, regardless of instances, simply due to almost two years of it.
  8. Arrk Augur

Not having box armies ruining the game is the appeal.

Most people love that it will be pop-locked.
    Most people love the exp will be like RF/LJ
    Most people love that it is TrueBox
    Most people love it is Instanced Raiding

It is like almost a perfect server... for me at least

Note: I would support a POPlocked server for the boxers... as long as Agnarr stayed clean.
    Hdizzle likes this.
  9. Machentoo Augur

Do you have sources for any of these claims?
  10. Arrk Augur

Actually yes.. it is widely know that during RF most people were excited about classic through POP
    [IMG]

The #1 complaint on Phinny was the xp rate... as noted hundred of times around the forums.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...te-on-phinny-can-we-get-an-adjustment.232285/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/everquest/comments/40hkix/phini_exp_are_you_actually_frustrated/
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...a-exp-going-to-be-this-slow-on-phinny.229173/

TrueBox is drastically more popular then box armies of RF/LJ.... Phinny is more popular because of that ( Prob the hardest to support, but I have read that phinny has higher pop then RF)

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/lockjaw-vs-ragefire-vs-phinny-numbers.231947/

RF/LJ people want instances... that is what this whole forum topic is about...
  11. Machentoo Augur

Source for the graphic? A poll on some 3rd party site with 100 respondees? Or are these results just "widely known..."

This also isn't 2015 any more, and most of those players have now played through Classic, Kunark, twice in the last two years, and Velious through PoP once. And even if it is true that most players' single favorite expansion is among the first 3-4, that doesn't mean that most are also in favor of locking the server at that point. I've heard lately over and over on Phinny from people who dropped out around PoP or Gates, have never played past that point, and now that they've scratched the classic through pop itch, they are really looking forward to seeing some of the later expansions they never experienced.
  12. Khaliss Augur

this poll mirrors EXACTLY what I feel about EQ & the expansions... there is just something about PoP/LdoN, I felt that EQ was almost the perfect MMORPG looking back now through all the other titles I've played all these years. Hardcore guilds started disbanding 1-2 expansions later, and it wasn't because WoW or any other MMORPG that came out. I raided with our server's top guild ("Assent" - Maelin Starpyre server), and most of us felt the same.

Now, I just want to go back to that era... but I wanna do it at a more casual pace & multibox on my own (cuz I just can't dedicate my full attention to the game, meaning I AFK a lot due to having a household that constantly needs my attention: ie. family) & don't want to hassle other players. Isn't there a way to limit the number of toons? I mean if DBG can limit to 1-box per computer, why not modifiy it to a 6-box limit to prevent mage bot armies?
  13. Arrk Augur

That was a DBG poll...

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ver-stats-classes-races-and-much-more.220264/

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  14. Arrk Augur

Seems to me it is OBVIOUS that POP locking is a MAJOR preference for most players...

92% of players excited for Classic - Pop

32% of players quit after pop during GOD and OOW....
  15. Machentoo Augur

So then, you are expecting that Agnarr will have say 70 or 80% of all Everquest population after launch?

We'll see :p
  16. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Everyone is excited until they realize how easy PoP is... If they could make the content harder then it would be worthwhile. Otherwise you will likely roflstomp the content and be bored after 3 to 6 months. I can understand the appeal of the server though.
  17. Khaliss Augur

^ not everyone is hardcore... not everyone can dedicate the time. It may be easy for you & if you have plenty of spare time. But for the rest of us casuals who no longer have it good as far as gaming goes... we are entirely fine with a server that's locked into a very popular era (dare I say "golden age of EQ") & call it home
    Devante likes this.
  18. Gremin Augur

Lockjaw and RF are a mere couple months from instancing with Plane of Time. Then most every eno unter after that are instanced. Once we get to that point a merge between the 2 would be all right.

As far as healthy population goes both servers are doing okay. You can not compare those 2 servers to Phini. Those of us who chose to stay on LJ/RF did so for multiple reasons such as not wanting to redo expansionso we just did, slower xp, happy with our current character and lose of friends.

The constant barrage of people trying to change our server, merge our server, or just put us down gets old. I am happy you are happy over on that happy server named Phini.

Agnarr will have an initial rush of players just like any other new tlp. Then as time rolls on people will quit because player b I'd playing 3 characters which upsets player a because God forbid he can't keep up. There is no extended target window, no bandolier, no potion belt, why can't we just have mercy or many other reasons that a person becomes dissatisfied or makes an excuse to quit.

It's the ugly natural cycle of life.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

Or until they realize how boring it is from a grouping perspective.
  20. MaestroM Augur

And people still play on p99.

Aid grimmel alone is a 6 month full time job lol.