Second progression server (Hey DGC Devs!)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rhoulicas, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Rhoulicas Augur

Hey after thinking about it and speaking with people I play with, this second server you're planning on opening..can we get some details about it BEFORE we start some new characters on the progression server coming out in June? My friends and family are going to hate restarting on this new second server if it is one that we would rather play on. This is something we would have to do. Would it be possible to transfer our toons (we will have probably spent a lot of time on) to the second progression server you're supposedly bringing out?
    Please consider this little detail.
  2. Bandok Augur

I doubt they'll say too much about it at this point. If they say too much, then it might diminish the success of the first server to the point that they decide to not do the second. They've got to get everyone on the first one to justify having a second one later on down the road.
  3. Hateseeker Augur

I'm pretty much thinking a "Quarm" server either has to be PoP locked (Quarm being end boss of PoP) or Seasonal; Quarm being an amalgamation of 4 elements and 4 elements perhaps corresponding to 4 seasons.

But, you never know -
  4. EradzEQ Elder

I don't see this server starting up in the near future. It would all be dependent on how the first one goes. Lets jump on the first server to let DBG know we are interested in TLP :)
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  5. Tachyon Augur

The more the better as far as I'm concerned! EQ should have been regularly introducing new kinds of servers more often years ago.
    jagarr likes this.
  6. Numiko Augur

I'll just play on both more than likely. but thats just me, I have characters on every server except zek and test.
  7. Nolrog Augur

People were talking about the gnome races yesterday and reported that someone (Holly?) said they were starting to look into what it would take to make a true classic server (whatever that really means.) But as far as I know, they didn't give any details and certainly no timeline.

I didn't get a chance to watch myself yet, but I'll do so as soon as I can.
  8. Kahna Augur

If you are playing the game, and having fun while doing so, is that time truly "wasted"? We walk away from characters all the time when we move to new games. You are walking away from other characters to play on this new server. But walking away from a character doesn't mean that character, or the time spent on it was wasted, not if you enjoyed what you were doing.

Come play on the new server, you will likely enjoy it, and when the other server comes out, if it does, and if it is something you would enjoy more, move on.
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

She said something along the lines of looking into what it would take for a classic server: old models, old zones, old mechanics; finding the old code, finding hardware to run it, etc.

Luckily most of this work has already been done for them.
  10. jagarr Augur

saddle up to play the first one. if history is any indication, it will be months (years?) until we see a 2nd server with a unique rule set.