Scammer Alert

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Miss_Jackie, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Hey there everybody!

I'm not here to name names. But! There has been a "special" (and I mean special in every sense of the word, haha) that has been targeting EQ players (I'm assuming by going through Facebook groups and individual server Facebook groups) and acting chummy, friendly, etc., in order to get access to your EQ account.

One such person did this to me tonight and since I'm not an idiot.. I just said no. This was his/her text:

"*** its *** from FV can i still box your toon to run these group missions?"

"hmm really cant do a email reset really quick or just let me use main any extra toons help really i just need toons to box these missions"

After I had said no, he said this:

"really lol after all ive done ok hun. i wouldnt have came to u here if u didnt ask me to lol"

What I find odd is that I would have never given out my info, knowing it could get me in deep doodoo.

Anyway, if ya'll are in any EQ groups, I suggest you tell the bugger to bugger off. ;)

G'day. =)
    kinadafz and svann like this.
  2. Jyve Augur

Seems to be going through a few people. I too had the attempt to scam my account. Only can imagine he's part of the EQ facebook group and just working down the list. Probably works enough that it's worth him spending all night to try and get that one account with a krono or more on.
    Be wary as always.

If CS wants to get in touch, I have the conversation still up if it helps find the person and IP bans them.
  3. Thrillho Augur

Hey, it's me, your friend. Remember when we used to fight at Orc1 together? Man, good times!
    Anyway, I noticed your corpse is in a pretty rough spot. Give me consent and I'll drop it off in a safe spot for ya.
    Treygolas and Nolrog like this.
  4. Yruc Augur

You mean we're not supposed to give out our login information to random people on facebook who ask for it? Uh oh I think I may have made a mistake...... :eek:
    Nolrog likes this.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well... if you can't give your account info to some random dude on Facebook, how are you going to get some cash from the Nigerian Prince?!
  6. svann Augur

Letting someone play one of my characters is against my religion.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  7. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

Wait, there's a Nigerian prince with TONS OF MONEY? Why oh why did I have to say no??! :p
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Prince Naseem Kaboomshakalaka just needs your bank account number and routing info in order to wire you 10 millions of dollars!
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  9. Questoften32 Augur

I know this froglok shaman in a guild who wants to sell upper guk, for 30 mill plat, he wanted me to agent the deal for 40%.

I told him I knew another guy, a barb, they could not even place permafrost keep with a buyer, and that's on prime article land.

Bit of a vermin problem there but hey, that's easily taken care off.

I told him no, because the Norrathian real estate market even the one concerning simple bridges ''most historically viable for new players/buyers, is a bit shaky right now, at best.