Save/Load Spell Set after last patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Scornfire, May 1, 2016.

1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Haven't seen it mentioned here as of yet and I'm doubtful it's as annoying to most people as it has been to me, but the new functionality of saving spell sets has prompted me to open many a bottle of tequila since it's inception.

Since the patch there have been 2 significant changes with how the load/save window operates. Foremost, scrolling over the save spell set option now produces your entire list of saved spell sets (presumably for ease when overwriting current ones) whereas before you had to click on the save spell set option to produce a separate window within which you would name the spell set. This list is nearly identical to the load spell set list with the exception of the "Add new set" option at the bottom, and when viewed casually or mid-raid is rarely enough of a difference to notice.

Secondly, saving a spell set no longer requires any sort of confirmation when overwriting an old one. As you can probably guess from my mention of swapping spell sets mid-raid, this often results in me accidentally overwriting the set I want to load with the configuration I currently have up. This, is infuriating, especially when the set I want to load is *Completely* different than the one I have up.

How much do I have to pay to get a confirmation window implemented, or the save spell set function reverted entirely? Because I will pay it, and I will pay it right now
    Drewie, Xanathol, Sindaiann and 5 others like this.
  2. Blurred_Memories Augur

yes please bring back the confirmation box for saving over existing spell set... several headaches for me too so far.
  3. Warpeace Augur

This allows spell sets to be over written or deleted very easy with a mis click and you never know you did it. Need to make a change adding a confirmation or something when saving a change to an existing set or deleting a set.
    Fanra and Dibab like this.
  4. Dibab Augur

yes PLEASE add a confirmation box. I've already done this numerous times since the patch.
    Fanra likes this.
  5. Ghubuk Augur

This is very annoying to say the least.
    Dibab likes this.
  6. Lily Augur

This has been bugging me too. You can alleviate some of the frustration by making hotkeys for saved sets. Something that has really annoyed me in the past was when I went to load a spell set, and the cursor shifted just a little, and I ended up memming a different set. The hotkeys have been extremely helpful with this.

/memspellset <name>
    Geri_Petrovna likes this.
  7. Sindaiann Augur

Bring back the confirmation. Have overwrote a numerous amount of spell sets as a result of quickly attempting to load but inadvertently being on save and screwing up spell sets. It is very annoying.
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Now here I thought there was a Load/Save Spell List NAME command that you could create a macro with and put in your hotbox.
  9. Lighteningrod Augur

I don't think you'll find any hotboxes on this forum.
  10. Lily Augur

/memspellset <name>
  11. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Thanks I am going to look that up because I thought I saw save and load. I of course at all times reserve the right to be 100% wrong :)
  12. Enigma Maitreya Augur

Ah so ....

/memspellset [name] Memorizes a saved "spellset"
    /savespellset [name] saves the current "spellset" as [name]

Just my opinion but memspellset is just a bit ambiguous so I mentaly translated it to loadspellset.
  13. bootman New Member

Okay,what was wrong with way spell sets were to begin with they werent broke ?
  14. Warpeace Augur

The way they were lacked player frustration, they are 100X more frustrating now = job well done.
  15. Enigma Maitreya Augur

To add a different opinion, I am not frustrated with the way they are now.
  16. Siddar Augur

/memspellset <name> hotkeys are a lot better then using saved spell set tab
    Viper1 likes this.
  17. Potawatomi Augur

So many spell sets lost....bring back a confirmation
  18. Viper1 Augur

"So many"? as in, of your own doing? Wouldn't you learn and adapt after the first 1 or 2 times it happens?
  19. Potawatomi Augur

No, it took about 5 or so before I realized what was happening. I was being over dramatic.
  20. Warpeace Augur

Exactly what quality of life issue did this improve? There is no improvement with this change and actually more people I talk to hate it.