Sarnak Traps in OT

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Seems that for a long time these didn't do anything. Then they started rooting you. Now it seems once they get aggro on you it stays on so any mob walking over them aggros and runs to your camp. Memblur doesn't seem to work on them.

Any way to get these traps to drop aggro short of using FD potions, zoning or camping?
  2. CrazyLarth Augur

no idea

might try
    kill them?
    Disarm them
    Put them on your map and treat them like they are Raid mobs and not to be aroged.

GL
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

I never bothered to look into the details, but when I was 4-boxing it seemed like my beastlord was the only toon to ever get hit by them. I 3-boxed without my beastlord and never even knew the traps existed.

Are they equal-opportunity traps, or do the Sarnak have racist preferences?
  4. Lianeb Augur

You can just kill them
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hmmm never thought about killing them thanks!
  6. Snarlwolf New Member

free pulls? im down!
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I thought it was nice at first for the same reason... then I got too much of a good thing :) Plus it only aggros the sarnaks and I was hunting golems primarily.
  8. Denial_Sinfae Augur

Their activations on my characters lined up with becoming KoS to the sarnak in zone.
  9. Gundolin Augur

They Con Amiably to me. If they are creating a headache for you, try going back to Labs or Chardock and working on your faction, A couple nights and they should go back to ignoring you.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Another thing you could do is go to the sarnak fort in FM and chain pull. In one session there I went from dubious to amiable. In a few hours we killed almost 300 of them. So it can be done quickly.
    Gundolin likes this.
  11. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Ahhh...faction based traps! That explains the inconsistent results.