Sarnak Among Us

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nennius, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Nennius Curmudgeon

I tried this with a 112 Paladin and a 110 Rogue and was completely unsuccessful at the
    Kill Siege Lavabombs 0/6 (Frontier Mountains)

Lavabombs will spawn from the previous mobs 2 at a time, kill them

part. Any suggestions or do I just need to get a lot more DPS?
  2. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Dps dps dps. Its just a dps check. The big blob needs alot. Well did back when it was current. I used my wizard on full burn and was able to kill it fairly easy. Use a caster so u dont have to move to dps
  3. Nennius Curmudgeon

Thanks. I will have to recruit some friends.
  4. Moege Augur

Have a ranger there, they can punt the lavabombs back to give your more time.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I went through this fairly recently (last 3-4 months) and just about molo'd it with a 110 zerker.

Probably could have done it if I'd actually remembered to read the quest and plan ahead. I wasn't ready for it and I failed that time. Brought in a 110 BL to help because he was a guildie in zone at the time and we steamrolled it.

I think your paladin and rogue should have enough to get it done as long as you're prepared.
  6. GoneFission Augur

I tried three boxing this. For the two at a time lavabombs, you can just focus on one and kill it. Then 2 more spawn, focus on one each time. You get credit for the one kill, and the task won’t fail.

My problem was (is) the big one. It spawns very close to the tower you need to protect, and my enchanter knock back slowly loses ground. It keeps hitting the tower before I can kill it. I’ll eventually try again, this time without levitation. The hill was giving me LOS fits.

People wrote that they could keep the big lavabomb locked down using their knockback, but that hasn’t been my experience.
  7. Moege Augur

The knockback have changed in recent patches so that may be part of the problem. Use to knock it back much farther than today.

So bring 2 friends with knockbacks ;)
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

The lack of a good way to knockback (lots about rogues I do not know yet) is a problem. I hoping later today to bring two mages to annihilate them. Like Liin I neglected to read up on it and just assumed I could just zerg it. The suggestion about a ranger is a good one too. Anyway, I will get it done. It is good to have friends in-game.

Thank you for the help.
  9. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yes, definitely a dps thing. About the only part of that expansions progression I couldn't solo/molo back then with a raid geared paladin. Had to ask a couple people to help.