Sanctus Seru - Praesertum(s)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by tuda, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Tass.Summoner New Member

Signed Fix it.
  2. TinkeringTurtle New Member

Considering raid zones are instanced anyway, why don't these key pieces drop in the instanced zones? We've only got twelve weeks of Luclin and the spawn rates being reported aren't functional.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my math shows the problem pretty clearly:

12 weeks X 7 days X 24 hours = 2016 potential hours
    2016 hours / 36 respawn hours = 56 drops

If I'm calculating this right, in the entire Luclin expansion, only 56 players on the entire server can potentially get keyed for Lord Seru??? Please tell me I'm wrong.
  3. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

While I agree Seru should be accessible it is not required for Vex Thall key.
  4. TinkeringTurtle New Member

Sorry, I meant Lord Seru. I'm already having nightmares of the VT key quest...
  5. Progress Augur

This should be forwarded to the dev team as soon as possible. Even though a raid only needs one person with a key, the Praes are a huge potential bottleneck if a few people want to no life the spawns. Let the Praes spawn in picks as the bridles have been nerfed.

It would be nice if DBG was proactive instead of reactive for once, as keying in Kunark for VP and Howling Stones was eventually changed, albeit late in the timeline, as was predicted by the forum posts about bottlenecks.
  6. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So Praesertum have always spawned in picks. But the difference on Phinigel was that Picks could be held open with a single character. So it wasn't extremely uncommon for there to be 3-4 picks of Seru sitting idle with 1 alt tracker in each, which allowed them to spawn naturally. Agnarr will not have this luxury and pickzones will collapse shortly after raids zone out. I would be shocked if even one pickzone stayed up long enough to allow Praesertum to spawn. But if they don't act I suppose some guilds will be forced to sit a raid there for several days straight to spawn Praesertum.

What needs to be done is either allow Praesertum to spawn instantly upon pick creation, reduce their respawn to about 2 hours, add them to AoC instance and add a lockout to each of them.

Those are the only three solutions I see. I suppose you could remove the Arx Key requirement to request but that would just ruin people's immersion!
  7. Klang Lorekeeper

This needs a look before Luclin goes live. The change in pick zones to close out empty picks will make this far worse then when Phinigel went through this the last time (and it wasn't pleasant then either!). Plan on an extreme amount of contention for a limited amount of keys. That means a lot of unnecessary training, and griefing which all could be solved with adding them to instances.
    I also expect the Plane of Storms will need a look before PoP goes live.
  8. Aegir Augur

9. Aegir Augur

Your calculation is right. But have in mind that you only need One key to spawn AoC instance, and Arx Key click ports a whole group to inner sanctum for a open-world kill. So every Guild only needs one key to have access to Lord Seru.
  10. The Hated One Augur

That is true. Every guild only needs 1 key, but anyone doing the seru head turn in needs a completed key. So as everyone is battling to get a key for their guild they are going to be battling against groups trying to complete the key for their earring. This list will only grow longer and longer, week after week. By putting the pre's in the instance it gives every guild a chance to get to fight the mobs to get the key to attempt to kill seru without the chaos storm that the current system will create. This should have been fixed on phinny and it for sure should be fixed on Agnarr. It is what the server, being a server with instances to experience the whole game, was meant to be, accessible.
  11. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Working as intended.
  12. Junior00 Elder

I'm flattered that someone would want to impersonate me to try to stir up some drama, but cmon, I don't want more Krono fodder mobs. Make the change!

Juniorr Mints
    Officer of Faceless Empire
  13. Anorian New Member

Can we please have a developer respond to this thread.

Instituting the proposed change will prevent potential petitions and headaches from having these mobs contested for the entire life of the expansion.
  14. Zipe The Healer

Was really sad on Phinni. There was a necro with a enchanter and cleric box that spammed memblur when Praesertums were low hp and then Life Burned. Then he sold the LR or MultiQuested for kronos. I can't say he blocked our progression, because our guild already got keys, but he blocked further members from our guild to complete the Quest for the #5 earring.
    I would like to remember you all that the full key can be MultiQuested'ed, and no need to complete other steps for the ear quest.
    Also, I would like to remember that if someone loots head and someone got the Key done... guy with key can MultiQuest the quest item he got when completed key (not the actual key) and guy with Seru head gets #5 ear.
  15. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

16. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

In my experience, if you guys cry, scream and beg until you are hoarse and blue in the face, you MIGHT get them to change this by the time PoP launches on Agnarr.

Anyone remember asking for Howling Stones AoC on phinny? We got it about mid Luclin, when no one cared anymore, lol. It was sweet when the HS AoC instance would respawn, ahh farmed SO many AAs on my necro.
  17. jack of all trades Elder

If the Devs would have bothered to respond back then and actually give us an answer/input/whatever, we wouldn't have to have the same old discussion about bottlenecks that cause unnecessary drama and limit the number of people that can complete the Sigil Earring. MQing the piece obtained with the key is not a viable alternative. We'll have 12 kills of Seru, in instances alone. That's 12 heads, with 1 guaranteed person obtaining their earring prior to the end of the expansion.

There are upwards of 15 guilds that are raiding all content within era on Agnarr. That's 180 people that will obtain heads throughout the expansion, not including open world kills. Per TinkeringTurtles math, which has been double checked as correct, there will be a maximum of 56 Praesertium spawns (+/- depending on servers, and luck in instances).

This isn't the old days where you get maybe 1-2 guilds killing Lord Seru and have a year before the next expansion. This is an unnecessary block for all players interesting in experiencing content/quests, hence the instancing. Why not allow us the opportunity to actually complete this quest without the drama, bickering, training, KSing and other nonsense that goes into open world contests?

TLDR: Fix this ****.
  18. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I feel like you might have a better time if you focused on the "access to raid" aspect of it, rather than who gets an earring that will be replaced by any high attendance raider in the first week of PoP. that means the earring has a MAXIMUM usefulness time of 12 weeks, unless you are one of those people that wear crap from the past xpac for a long time.

TLDR: No one cares about the earring, its about access to the raid.
  19. tuda Lorekeeper

This for me is the most important part about starting this thread. The Earring is sweet, sure, but its all about getting to guild into SS to kill Lord Seru asap.
    Jaxarale01 likes this.
  20. Vanrau Augur

Ya fighting spawns will suck, however the nice thing about having an Arx key is that you can port entire groups up with it. Just cycle the key holder through all the groups in your raid.

Same goes for the instance, just need one person with the Arx key to request the instance and you're good.