Runtime Crash at Character Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy New Member

Have the same exact problem as Lade. It started when the anniversary events started. Had the same problem last year during the anniversary. Only time it happens is when I log to Char select and try to reenter the game without exiting to Desktop.
  2. hammy New Member

This issue has progressed from being a minor hassle to a major aggravation. It started as just a problem when I logged out one character to the select screen and tried to log in another. At that time, I would get a runtime error every time. Now my game is crashing randomly and becoming unplayable. I'm running Win 8.1 so if anyone has any ideas I would be happy to try them. Everything was fine until the fabled and anniversary content was put in.
  3. Allison Jane New Member

I was crashing on one character specifically, after selecting the character and loading into the game. Through trial and error I found that deleting the files in my EQ folder, with that character's name in the file name solved my issue. Hope this helps someone else!
  4. Jyve Augur

Also having the problem now (and around when the anniversary events started). Fast log off tends to happen more often, but still crashes on regular 30 second wait. When logging out in PoK seems to occur more often than if in GuildLobby/Guild Hall (but still occurs on those zones too).
    Do we open up new tickets for this or is it related to earlier?
  5. kuuleo Journeyman

the servers seem to be down now, is this true? and is it to fix this issue or is it just my computer not having a brain?
  6. kammo Journeyman

Im having different issues every day yesterday 5/30 i was having lag spikes all day just bout every ten mins,now today i cant even get toons to get zoned i go to zone line hit it then it never comes back on,i can understand there not easy fixes or maybe ya`s dont know whats goin on yet but it is becoming not very fun at all,hopefully can get this fixed soon
    Xyza likes this.
  7. MythsnLegends New Member

Lade did you ever find a solution to your problem. I have been having the same problem for some time now and am currently trying to get it fixed. Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks.
  8. Jyve Augur

Thing that fixed this for me (and others).
    Windows Explorer, find EQ folder, right click Properties, Security. tab
    Set everything read/write/full control to users.

Save, log in again, no crashes.
    AB_H'Sishi likes this.
  9. Sumteeng New Member

i was wondering why when i open EQ launchpad it autimatically says ERROR and i am not able to log on at all is this related to this problem or is it completely different?
  10. Sumteeng New Member

also i am not able to open a support ticket because it says the website is down........
  11. Orienn TreeHugger

I'm stuck at the login screen keeps telling me there was an error please try again
  12. Orienn TreeHugger

i deleted a few of the said files to delete, re-validated and was able to log right in. Seems we should be getting used to these problems, it's like an everyday occurrence xD
  13. Evlomir New Member

im at a loss myself...launcher runs fine but once i hit play the client comes up to server select but it acts like i hit the minimize button at top of window...shows up fine in taskbar but will not for any reason let me maximize the window and play...just started yesterday after running fine on this machine for months...updated drivers and everything....i dont get it at all
  14. Aurelio Elder

I have the same issue. I can login and when I choose a server at server select EQ closes and I'm at the desktop again. EQ dbg.txt stops after
    [Sat Aug 02 15:35:54 2014]00001:INI file ./eqlsUIConfig.ini loaded.
    sula likes this.
  15. Aurelio Elder

Ok, seems I have solved my issue...

Evlomir? Do you have a AMD graphic card and use AMD Gaming Evolved? When I disabled this programm, eq was loading fine.. This morning this software had an update. Maybe that's the cause.
    suka likes this.
  16. sula Augur

going on with mine too
  17. suka Lorekeeper

no. check your updates. if you updated today, then do a system restore to a previous date. seems eq1 can't work with the new amd driver.
  18. suka Lorekeeper

yeah i did system restore- now it works. so why is eq1 having trouble with the new amd driver? makes no sense
  19. Aurelio Elder

The "AMD Gaming Evolved" programm is not a graphics driver. It's support tool from AMD (checks for latest driver) with extra features (Optimize game settings for AMD cards, record videos, etc). You don't really need it and you can just stop it.
  20. suka Lorekeeper

thanks but i really like it so i will just do without the update. it runs fine except for the updated version.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.