Runtime Crash at Character Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cormack New Member

well hell - been a couple days trying to resolve the download problem - have sent a copy of the dxdiag and msinfo files - after having reset internet options after copying the areliseqg file as recommended in one of the forums - I finally was able to get into beta - right at dinner time - went to log in this morning and got the disconnect after hitting beta frm the server selector - did all that was suggested here - downloaded the link - deleted the file frm the eq beta folder and STILL get a disconnect - aggravating that sony cant even make sure that beta downloads before they schedule folks to test it - only thing getting tested here is my patience )
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Maybe I missed that part in the last 3 pages, but do you run all EQ executables with Administrator rights?

About that crashing on Beta ... I catched a posting somewhere in the Beta area where a Dev described why you have a good chance to crash in a certain time frame:
    Beta patches are a "nightly" thing. Sometimes it can happen the client files patch doesn't sync with the server patch so the client and server files are different versions. User's can't do anything against this issue except to report it in the thread. The Beta developers will adress this issue as soon as they got to work; unfortunately there are several hours between the nightly patch and the developer's work schedule :( .
    So if you experience persistent crashes while logging into Beta, you have to report the issue (if noone else already did) and have to wait until it got resolved.

Besides that, "Beta" is the short word for "We probably will make it this way, test it if it works and report any issues." :) .
  3. Newbie Again Journeyman

I normally don't but I just tried it, same result.

I just noticed that it takes a looong time between the progress bar finishing and the crashing happening.

Just a last thing, the only other thing I am running is Firefox, nothing else.
  4. AB_H'Sishi Augur

FF shouldn't make problems, I use it too, even latest Beta.

Well, without the knowledge to analyze crash logs (despite the fact I don't have them) I've ran out of ideas :( . Tech's, your turn ...
  5. Newbie Again Journeyman

Any updates on this?

I just tried creating a new char, same issue. It crashes when the char should be appearing in world
  6. Newbie Again Journeyman

This is still happening for me.

From what I have been able to find, it seems that C50 AMD CPUs cause the crashing. I am using a C70 from the same family and I just can't get it working.

Funnily enough, the game runs on the same machine if I run EQ on Linux, so the issue seems to be with Windows.
  7. Toquillaw Augur

We had a fix on Test which worked great. But since they moved the code from live to Test to synch them, I have the issue back again.
  8. Nurgle New Member

My apologies. I replied to the wrong thread earlier. I am currently having this problem. I have submitted a ticket with the required information and I have tried all of the steps listed here. Thanks
  9. Newbie Again Journeyman

Any updates on the C50 issue? I'd really like to play on my netbook (bought it with Windows just for EQ).
  10. Newbie Again Journeyman

And again, any news, please?
  11. Angahran Augur

Just started crashing last night, have not been able to log in any character any server. Can log in from different PC.
    Have reinstalled windows, tried default UI, deleted all .ini files....... no success.
    Currently downloading a 'clean' copy of EQ.

[Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00641:fatal error in main thread Code = c0000094 ADDR=0x60fd9c4b
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00642:EAX=00000000 EBX=00000002 ECX=00000000 EDX=00000000
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00643:ESI=1ae1f980 EDI=00000000 EBP=004ad830 ESP=004ad800
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00644:Fatal error occurred in mainthread! (Release Client #630)
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00645:Client Version: Dec 10 2013 12:57:31
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00646:Skin Directory: UIFiles\MyUI\
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00647:Graphics DLL Loaded: Graphics DLL Version 2.00.75368
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00648:Graphics Build Date: Dec 10 2013 12:58:33
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00649:Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 , 9.18.13.1422
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00650:Crash (char = MyChar, zone = guildhalllrg)
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00651:Local Player's World location at time of crash: 66.250000, -405.625000, -19.875000.
    [Wed Jan 01 08:27:35 2014]00652:Gamestate at crash = 253
  12. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Angahran,

even if this shouldn't happen with your Graphics card drivers, check Nvidia for newer ones. Yours are quite old (March 4th, 2013).
    - Very latest drivers (Beta state) have Rev. 9.18.13.3193 (Nov. 27th, 2013)
    - Latest WHQL certified drivers are Rev. 9.18.13.3182 (Nov. 19th, 2013)
    --> http://www.geforce.com/drivers

Besides the graphics card drivers, maybe some EQ files are damaged. This can happen e.g. during a power outage when your PC shuts off inmidst gaming or when PC writes any data onto HD. To fix this, do the following:
    1. Make a Scandisk / Chkdsk of your HD: Rightclick on it - Properties, Tab "Tools", top area "Scan for Errors". Let the tool do also a surface check if the HD is already some years old.
    2. After finished Step 1, do a complete file check from EQ launcher and let the Launchpad replace corrupt files.

Happy New Year!
    //HSishi
  13. Angahran Augur

Clean installation of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
    Clean installation of Directx9c
    Clean installation of latest graphics drivers, v331.82, 11/19/2013
    Clean installation of EverQuest onto different HD

Same issue. Crash trying to enter world, any character, any server.
    Submitted a ticket with dxdiag and msinfo files.
  14. Angahran Augur

Update:
    Tried different router - No luck.
    Tried using wireless connection instead of wired (incase for some reason the LAN connection on the motherboard was messed up) - No luck.

Can still get into world from other PC.
  15. Colt4954 Journeyman

Please find a solution to this.
    Can't play on my new Samsung ATIV Ultrabook which is frustrating
  16. Angahran Augur

OMG!! I found the solution to my crashing.
    Did a complete BIOS reset and downloaded new BIOS and i can get in now :)
    (Now if i'd only thought of this before spending 4 days rebuilding windows/eq/etc a gazillion times)
  17. jake27 New Member

I just bought a new computer and decided to come back to Everquest after a 8 month break. So i downloaded the game, waited 2 days for the launcher and tried to play. Everything loaded up fine and I saw my character and pressed enter world. The loading bar reaches the end and i get the error message of death, my game has crashed. I reviewed this issue with Microsoft and the Everquest support team and was told by both teams that they had no idea what the problem was or how to fix it. Does anyone here know of a solution to the problem?

Sincerely,
    Jacob ~ Bamkin(100 Warrior)~ Ginkak(97 Shaman) ~ Quitt(70 Enchanter) ~Povar~
  18. Angahran Augur

You say its a new computer, have you installed directx 9.0c ?
  19. jake27 New Member

yes I have all the latest drives, direct X, and have reinstalled multiple times at no avail. Like i said before, i went through most of the easy and common errors/fixes with Microsoft and The Everquest team with no luck.
  20. Lade New Member

I am having this issue too, but only when i log out of game and then try to log back in on a different character, i crash every time. I have a lenovo y500 ideapad with 4gig ram and nvidida 750 and windows 8 .This. just started happening around the time heroic's got put in the game. A friend said try deleting log files, didnt work.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.