Runtime Crash at Character Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nocturnal New Member

I dont know how
  2. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Yes, sounds weird ... how do we PM in this new forum's realm? Had the same problem in ... another area ... of the forums.

//HSishi
  3. Nocturnal New Member

My computer still restarts when I log in the game or it just locks up.. bought more ram still didnt help sigh
  4. Biowire New Member

This game worked better 10 years ago, thought I would come back after a long break, only to find that nothing will make it run. I've spent the last 3 hours trying to make it work, everquest 2, planet side 2 work fine. I give up on you, my first love. Ive come home to find you have not aged well, your broken down and its time you were put out to pasture. I will always love you everquest, but your not worth the trouble now that darn near everything is free to play. I was really hoping to make a mess in blackburrow den one more time.
  5. TSR-AlexS Augur

Instructions are in my signature below :D
  6. Narye Augur

Alex!
    Please fix! The new zone off Shards Landing (no matter what portal I take) "The Desktop" is NO fun at all!
  7. Starsofdestiny New Member

130501-000961. This is my reference number...please help!
  8. Orcen Elder

Not sure if this is the same problem, but is probably related.
    First off, running Vista
    Issue with Char Select screen. After camping a char (any char) at the Char Select screen, if I hit the quit button (which used to take me to server select), eqgame crashes and quits working. It doesn't quit to server select..
    When logging on, server select to char select and into game works fine, its just when logging out to server select from char select that doesn't work and causes crash.
    This has been happening for 4 to 5 days now..
    Thanks...
  9. Marton Augur

I have the same problem.
  10. gwapokano New Member

Ditto for me...I try and try then I can get through after 30 mins of trying. All of this started after the last patch. I have re-installed the game twice now but still nothing.
  11. Orcen Elder

This has cured itself after a week ...
  12. Orcen Elder

This problem disappeared after a week, all normal now??
  13. AB_H'Sishi Augur

I'm not a supporter but ... did the behaviour of crashing when logging out and back to the Server selection reappear after yesterday's (08/21 2013) patch?
  14. KC13 Augur

Yes, due to the Welcome Screen. Broken...... yet still put back in /boggle
  15. Frrroooaaakkk-AB New Member

Sorry to jump on the wrong bandwagon as per the OP but yes i am too suffering crashing behaviour when logging out from character select to the server window, and then sometimes from server window to desktop. EQ just crashes and leaves a little windows popup screen telling me so. This has only been occurring since the latest patch.
  16. Newbie Again Journeyman

I am having the crash while logging a char into the game, after char select all the time, both on Test and Live.

This is on Windows 8 64 with an AMD C-70 APU.

I've tried reinstalling EQ, reinstalling the drivers, clearing up all my config as on the first post, disabling UAC. Nothing works, it crashes 100% of the time with a runtime error.

The same install, copied to a Linux partition on the same box works just fine with Wine.

I've already sent an error report with the explanation but I'm happy to send as many as needed.

Any suggestions?
  17. Newbie Again Journeyman

Editing posts doesn't work on this machine (it loads up the post and then clears the text area) so I'm adding the information here.

I have also tried reinstalling DX9c and all my 3 accounts.

The error is:

Runtime error (no more details).

It crashes exactly at the end of logging me into the world.
  18. Riou EQResource

Have you tried making EQ run in Windows 7 Compatibility mode? When I was using Windows 8 I couldn't load the game unless I did that.
  19. KC13 Augur

When this happens, click the "More Options" button and you'll then be able to edit the post.
  20. Newbie Again Journeyman

Nope, no luck. Still crashing.

I've tried with W7 compat and XP SP3 compat.

Any mores suggestions?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.