Runtime Crash at Character Select

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by TSR-SeanF, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. errolib New Member

Wondering where Mr. Mendel went? As stated above is Customer service going to give updates to its customers on the non service due to a "fix". 3 days is more than enough time to resolve the issue, It took a short patch to break it. If you plan on doing the normal response, just say so."we have no intentions of fixing or answer your issues" this im used after 12 years with Verant/SONY/Everquest. Just let us know. Like stated above "the dark is nice", but I like it when im with someone else.
  2. Phlicia eci New Member

OMG i sure hope they dont jsut forget about us =( sucks to even think of that happening
  3. TSR-AlexS Augur

Just keeping you guys updated. We have still not received any new information about this. Will let you know if something comes up :D
  4. Vlad New Member

Just finished with the Customer Support so no they haven't forgotten about us. The down side is I have 1 comp that has Windows XP and it is the only one that crashes when character select is loading. All other comps have Win7 and no issues.
  5. Mendel Journeyman

I'm still around, Errorlib. I've been attempting to work with CS to resolve this problem. The latest suggestion was to try loading EQ on a second computer running Win 7 or Win 8. That's not an option, as I have but the one (dinosaur) computer.

This type of answer is definitely grasping at straws. I would hope that at some time, the possibility of a rollback to undo whatever the patch did is considered by SoE. There's quite a few customers (myself included) that have been impacted by this change, and right now, I don't believe that anyone, either customer or SoE employee has a clear idea on what caused the problem, and no definitive solution.

For those interested, I've updated the C++ run-time library and applied all the critical Windows updates. So far, nothing has changed the situation.

My personal guess (and that's all it is) is that the change in the recompilation sequence has changed something, most likely the memory requirements necessary at that particular time in the load sequence. I have no way of testing that, though.
  6. Phlicia eci New Member

well i for one dont have the luxaury of running out and buying a new pc anytime soon /sigh so if they really cant fix this it will definatly be the end of my 9 years of playing eq =(
  7. Dewitgood New Member

What about Putting back the EXE that is crashing us to the one that was working before the last patch. I know it was changed because i have the old one in a back up file
  8. fusionx New Member

No help yet? That means we wont get on all week end
  9. Butcho New Member

this is ridiculous, I have the house to myself all weekend and now I have to watch TV or .....go outside! I really just wanted to spend my paycheck on station cash and buy some awsome 0 and 1s from sony....seriously though this is a pita just fix the issue Sony. Does anyone who matters even read this stuff because you think the could resolve this by now.
  10. LadyQuake Elder

patcher updated some files and i can get on now, no time to play now, but ill test it all out tomorrow :)
  11. JChan Developer

Long story short there was an issue with older processors. If you were getting a crash (with the dialog to send us the crash information) directly at character select then it was most likely this issue.

We've updated the client with a fix earlier this afternoon. Please update your client and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue. Thanks.
  12. Mendel Journeyman

Thanks for your efforts, JChan. This resolved the issue for me as of last night (no time to play either).
    I would say that yours is a thankless job, but I just thanked you.
    Cazmac likes this.
  13. Phlicia eci New Member

yes thank you very much for your efforts and for getting it back up before the weekend =)
  14. Derd Augur

thanks jc , it didnt effect me at all but after reading the posts from some of the people it did who i doubt ever will understand the complexity's of working on eq i just thought you should hear how the hard work is appreciated. Really people its not just a O just fix it already problem or guess what they'd just fix it.
  15. Qaidya New Member

#121110-000656
    Followed all instructions and directions given in relation to the Disconnect issue. No change
  16. errolib New Member

Before you going praising all that is Everquest employees, the issue still resides and now has added a new issue. Upon getting into the game within seconds it restarts my computer each time I move any direction.
    And it seems still some have the same issue. As for posting the truth on here as blunt as possible, its there job they get paid, the "fix" is part of the screw up from the previous "fix". Spend time do it right and get it right.
  17. Yuck New Member

I am also having this issue
  18. Yuck New Member

Random restarts and freezing now =/
  19. Ceinnon Crackedbow New Member

Had to replace a hardrive, reinstalled Everquest on new drive and now crashing at character select on Win7 x64 Pro. Tried all the suggestions at start of thread. Can run EQII and other games fine tho.
  20. TSR-AlexS Augur

Hey guys, pm Sean and I all your ticket reference numbers with your Dxdiag and Msinfo files attached to it so we can gather the necessary information to move forward. Feel free to shoot us any questions via PM as well!
    Cazmac likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.