Running Parse question for devs

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sokon, Jan 6, 2015.

1. Sokon Augur

Hello. I am trying to get my system to run smooth while using gamparse to parse everyones DPS on raids. The problem is that I lag out while having everyones dps on. I believe the problem is due to the dmg spam.

I have all spam, others hits etc going to a window I have minimized.
    I have log file running on a ram disk.

My question is: Which file in the eq directory is associated with my on screen chat display, i.e. all the spam that happens, recorded or not(not log file) is being used to display that information. Which file is it? I just want to also run that file from ram disk. Is it eqclient.ini???
  2. Riou EQResource

do you have an anti virus that is checking your log folder or file or something? that or a really slow hard drive or weak CPU (or maxing the CPU) should be mainly the only reasons you should be lagging with log on
  3. Crystilla Augur

Riou, I have to keep all "others" settings off or I lag horribly as well.

I know there was that "1" "0" setting or something that was adjusted a while ago, might be good to reiterate that if someone has the info for the OP.

(For me, I do have MSE-Microsoft Security Essentials running).
  4. Riou EQResource

It sounds like MSE has a real time protection that is prob checking the file each time :p

the command should be like /loginterval time where time is how many seconds to delay the writing to file
  5. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

Sokon, yes your eqclient.ini contains the information of your chat windows xx location, size etc that it saves when you adjust your window and position. That will not cause any lag or delay when you run a program like gamparse. There are several things that might cause you to lag such as an anti virus scanning your log file as it writes, a close to full HD having a hard time writing to fragmented sectors or a slow internet connection or many other possibilities. The most obvious has been stated above having to due with an active scan happening. Before a dev or SoE employee spends time helping you with this issue you should do some basic troubleshooting from some other posts. First I would disable your anti virus and test. If this is not the issue you can open task manager and see how it effects your network, processing and memory when running the log. Also if your log file is larger then say a gig you might want to rename it and start a fresh log. I personally start a new log file each week. Good luck and hope some of the suggestions help remedy your problem.
  6. Dueceduece Lorekeeper

I will assume the OP issues have been solved since there was no update. When people ask for help it in the future it would be good to get feedback if the problem was solved so that others may use the thread to solve their own issues.