Runneye BAM!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rachelleg, Jan 22, 2016.

1. rachelleg New Member

I was just curious what are these mages using to send their pets and take down every PH.
    I know there are 5 lines but how are these guys even able to do it? Please explain
  2. EradzEQ Elder

3. Kibanu Augur

/pet attack a_pickclaw_destroyer (again, not sure)
    /pet attack a_pickclaw_slayspell
    /pet attack Battlewizard_Uruk (don't even know if that's right spelling)
    /pet attack Battlemaster_Something (obviously not the real name)
    /pet attack Lord_Pickclaw
  4. Lyrical Augur

Then you add in the 3rd party software that is suppose to be illegal on this server that is basically something pressing the key for you while you are out at burger king spending your RMT money that you saved up from abusing runny eye for 5 days.
  5. Baka Journeyman

It has to be third party stuff - the mage just stands in one place, but the pet can travel to any part of the zone as soon as a target pops. Kind of destroys the zone for those of us who play, but don't expect it to change.
  6. Zezack Journeyman

*SPOILER ALERT*

Not everyone plays fair...

It's prolly some shady 3rd party software that ought not be able to be used.
    Sorry friend, it seems your only recompense is to learn how to out DPS the DPS war.
  7. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

/tar + macro = mage pet auto farm without the mage moving.

You can do the following
    • out dps them
    • train them if possible by bringing most of the zone on the afk mage
    • out macro em
    • send in /guidehelp or ticket
    • join in because this type of behavior = legal
  8. Kibanu Augur

The macro I made above requires no third party software. I could watch movies on my second monitor and hit a key every few seconds. It's not hard.

No, I don't do this stuff, I simply answered the OPs question.
    Felicite likes this.
  9. vardune Augur

This could be fixed if they just did a line of sight calculation to the target from the caster. Just like EVERY thing else in the game. If you cant see it you cant attack it. Its a simple change but it absolutely needs to be added for /pet attack macros.
    Simone, Poydras and Xanadas like this.
  10. Numiko Augur

or you could just ignore the zone and play elsewhere. while a lot consider a BAM a BiS item, it is not needed to beat any content in classic, you will do just as well without it.
    Lierdal, Lonye and EradzEQ like this.
  11. taliefer Augur

i just follow the pets around and "DPS race" em. gotten one medalion like that, got another just walking randomly through the zone. its not impossible.

it takes no "hacking" program to do what the mages are doing, a hotkey similar to what was posted above will work, and you just hit the key while half paying attention.

most of them are probably using some kind of autofire program, or programmable keyboard tho. but again, as long as they are responsive to a gm tell, it doesnt matter what they use.
  12. TarewMarrForever Augur

I do not like it either, but the targetting system isn't going to change as it would be a significant server code change. The "other games" that do this spent a lot more server resources in terms of both CPU and memory to have in-memory 3D space in order to do proper hit-testing. EQ pushes this onto the client. Yeah, it's wrong, but cut them some slack...code was written in '98. ;-)

As noted above, the macro above is all that is necessary, and is 100% legal. Furthermore, when coupled with a programmable keyboard or super-simple hotkeying software which has only the most rudimentary controls, it's all you need to farm these AFK 24/7 (not* legal,naturally).

But, and this is a big but, if you are "attending" the automation (ie not fully AFK and are looking for tells / says), there is no way you will get busted, because you will pass every litmus test that any Guide throws at you. With the tools at hand, they can't *definitively* tell the difference between a script running semi-AFK (not really legit because every keypress is suppose to equal 1 cmd or macro) and an active player who is repeatedly pressing thes ame macro key every 30 secs or so (which again, is legal)..

There is nothing wrong with you bringing in a high level wizard at one of the known spawn spots, have him stand not sit, and keep marcroing the same /target and /cast and over. That *will* beat their pets, even they are right there.

Finally, as another noted, BAM is hardly a requirement. If you disagree, then save up the plat and buy it. I would argue that by the time you are high enough level such that this item is even remotely "needed", you can farm enough plat in 8 to 12 hours of game time to buy it. You can do his with a combination of farming other items that aren't camped and selling those, killing giants or similar, and performing the armor quests which result in some nice profit items (and pretty decent xp up through the 30's during hand-ins).

Get out and adventure. Don't get hung up on the item. If you are hung up on an item, get out and adventure and earn the plat to buy it. Be part of the system, right along with the abusers of it. Or, if you can't beam'em, join'em!!!

Yeah, I hate it. But at this point fixing it would probably require a ton of programming resources, but worse...a ton of risk. Frankly the team shouldn't be making fundamental changes like this to such an old code base. It's just not that big of an issue to be worth the risk of attempting to fix "the right way".
  13. EQvet Elder

Ya any pet class can do this. I do it as a shaman but I'm not afk. Use the target macros n send pet in, even my shammy pet can solo anything in that zone. You can follow your pet if there's others in zone and your worried about dps race. Some people /afk near known named spawn points and their pet just kills anything that agros them all night. There's a few guys that seem to be there every night under /anon (in AoS lols) but I haven't seen any afks targeting mobs while afk meaning no 3rd party programs or whatever so it's legal and I'm fine with it. I'm sure someone out there uses em but I haven't caught anyone. I usually just sit next to the afks just incase a named does spawn near them I can take it and anything else further away. Even seen some sks do it with their weakling pets they are just forced to follow pet to the mobs because their pets can't solo them. Still haven't got my bam yet in 3 days of camping down there since finding out about the target macros. I might give it another try or two but this zone is so heavily over camped that I'll probably just end up buying one. Farming HGs is more fun then sitting in 1 spot killing a grey con here and there for hours on end.
  14. EradzEQ Elder

best way to end all this bs would be to disable advloot. End of it, GeeGee!
  15. Siddar Augur

Just remove BAMs mana pres focus and problem is fixxed.
  16. Ducreux Augur

Or better yet, add Mana Pres to more items.
  17. Felicite Augur

This is explicitly not allowed, report them.

https://help.daybreakgames.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/37758/kw/unattended gameplay
    "Published 08/18/2015 02:35 PM | Updated 08/22/2015 01:16 PM
    It is not ok for an account to be played unattended or AFK.

If you need to go away for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty part of the zone or log out completely.

If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.

Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban)."
  18. Confessor Journeyman

[IMG]
    Kobra likes this.
  19. Accipiter Old Timer

That's a load of horse hockey. They already do a line of sight check for most detrimental spells. There's no reason they couldn't do it for /pet attack.
    Tenaka likes this.
  20. Vaclav Augur

AFK botters do get dealt with, not sure what you find amusing.

Heck my nonbotted bard doing AE song with Gnoll Slayer pet up to farm silks got GM warped to a side spot in arena with some "don't do that, just a warning this time" tells just a few nights ago with ZERO automation besides /melody.