rule clarification on afk farming

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by macncheesey, Nov 21, 2018.

1. macncheesey Journeyman

"It is not permitted for an account to be played unattended or AFK.
    If you need to be away from your PC for longer than a few seconds please move your character to an empty corner of the zone or log out completely.
    If a character, including any pets or mercs, is found performing actions while the user is away disciplinary action will be taken against the account.
    Disciplinary action for unattended or AFK gameplay can include, but is not limited to; account warning, account suspension, and account termination (ban)."
    what if i just buff myself with a damage shield and let everything die around me..im not technically performing any actions...since any action i would have otherwize taken has already been done..aka the buffing myself part
  2. macncheesey Journeyman

damn it..the post got busted...basically what i was trying to post is wether or not damage shield farming is okay or not
  3. Tatanka Joe Schmo

There is no such thing.

If you don't do any damage at all, other than DS, the corpse immediately poofs.
    Gundolin likes this.
  4. macncheesey Journeyman

does this also apply to counter attack damage..from RIPO counters
    also an easy solution to stop afk farming on mercs is just to make it exactly as u say..if a merc is the ONLY source of damage the corpse poofs no exp

why issue bans for a problem that can be fixed on its own with some simple tweakings to how exp is gained

aka if a merc or pet is the only source of damage no exp or loot is awarded..other games do this quite easily
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I wonder if it's ok to kill stuff afk as long as you're thinking about the mobs you're killing?

Maybe if you're thinking really hard about the mobs?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Garcielle like this.
  6. macncheesey Journeyman

i fail to understand how u can "play while afk"

if ur afk doesn't that mean your NOT playing
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Interesting idea. I will head back to my safe space to consider the thought.
  8. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Gotta think REALLY hard about it!
  9. Aurastrider Augur

This is a horrible idea because some people play a priest class and let the merc tank. Depending on the player they may or may not cast damage spells on the mob letting the merc do all of the damage while they keep them alive.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Seriously though.. people need to stop trying to think of ways around the "Don't kill stuff while afk". It's against the rules. It's a simple rule.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. macncheesey Journeyman

if the priest cannot find one time to cast or even attack for 1 damage i feel bad for them..there are plenty of games that do this..this isn't undertale this is EQ u cannot play full pacifist/healer and get anywhere
    this is a game designed for killing things for exp...while solo a priest needs to learn to use their powers to outsustain their foe and find intervals to attack when able as well as mana management and not go overboard with spamming complete heal every time they take 200 damage while they have 9k hp
    a merc simply in my personal opinion defeats the learning curve that a priest should learn..such as how to avoid getting one shot and in my opinion mercs should not even exist..

sure they might be a nice benefit..but i also think they do too much for the player to where they no longer have to learn their characters capabilities since they can just let the merc do everything
    in my opinion players should go back to the days when mercs didn't exist..where u actually had to learn your character instead of afk farm like the lazy mofos these days do

heck and i thought i was lazy..but even im willing to put forth the effort for the kill if i really want it
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Isn't this post breaking forum rules? Advocating for player cheating? We can't even even say !
  13. macncheesey Journeyman

uhm..this has nothing to do with cheating..this is a post relating to the player afk rule..not player cheating rule
    and i also asked for clarification on the rules as well..

and i figured id give some ideas about what could be done about the afk farming issue as well as that seems to be the main concern
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

And you MUST think in Russian!
    macncheesey likes this.
  15. Tatanka Joe Schmo

It's not even that. He asked if something which is impossible is allowed by the rules. Doesn't really matter if the rules allow it or not. It's impossible.
    macncheesey likes this.
  16. macncheesey Journeyman

i think its a stupid rule and it would be better to just fix the problem outright..if they don't want people afk farming why make the farming possible to begin with
  17. macncheesey Journeyman

its impossible huh..

well that works

so long as its impossible then any1 who makes it possible is suspect to action as stated on the rules
    that works simple logic tbh

anyway so long as people don't get loot for afk farming i see no issue
  18. Aurastrider Augur

Yes it is a bit lazy on a priests end if they are not trying to add some dps but at the end of the day if someone simply just wants to play a healer to heal and has no interest in doing anything else in the realm of playing by themselves with a merc they should not be punished because others cheat. Its for this very reason why I find this idea horrible. Maybe if there is a second check such as merc does all damage and player performs no actions I could see this as a valid way to circumvent cheating but purely off of mercs doing all damage I cant get behind.
  19. Aurastrider Augur

So you are ok if someone is just afk xp farming but you are against people that afk loot farm? The reality is with levels comes power and with power comes increased ability to make riches in game. AFK xp farming can turn a g.i.m.p into a p.i.m.p in terms of loot potential all for doing nothing to gain said power.
  20. Buri Augur

Honestly, I don't even care about that, because leveling is only half the battle. Getting to 110 is the easy part. I've got a handful of 110 alts who are still g.i.m.p. It's what comes after that that makes a toon strong... the gear, the AA's, the achievements, the progression, etc, all that makes a huge difference, and you can't afk most of that.
    Funk and NeverPayForLag like this.